7 servers!

Leaa.2943

Tomorrow there will be a flood of new players joining Tyria. Their very fist choice they will make is what server they should join. For PvE and PvP it means nothing,  because in those gamemodes servers does not matter at all. The only game mode where it really matters is WvW. The cornerstone of the GW2.

Since the anouncement of Steam release we all been buzzing about how great this is, how we finally will get new fresh players in to the game mode. How guilds on each server finally get a chance to get new players to their rooster. WvW will get a boost, life is great in WvW again.

Today we all waited for the server check from Anet, because they will open us all up right? We will all get the same chance in a game mode where the only thing that matters is what server the new players picks. It turned out that 7 servers will not be a part of this at all. 7 servers will miss out on all this new players and it can never be reveresed. When the new players make their choise of server as soon as they downloaded the game that is it. 7 servers will not be avaliable in that list. 7 servers will miss out on this amazing boost of new players. 7 servers will get nothing, in a game mode where servers matter. Where guilds need new players and have been for years and years. Yet this is not for all servers, 7 are left out and a Steam release will only happen 1 time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I might be wrong but I wouldn't be that positive...

When ESO did this a few years ago they doubled their population. BDO did also have a huge impact. So i do expect us to have a flood of players too. Maybe not double but certainly a big pile.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

Tomorrow there will be a flood of new players joining Tyria. Their very fist choice they will make is what server they should join. For PvE and PvP it means nothing,  because in those gamemodes servers does not matter at all. The only game mode where it really matters is WvW. The cornerstone of the GW2.

Since the anouncement of Steam release we all been buzzing about how great this is, how we finally will get new fresh players in to the game mode. How guilds on each server finally get a chance to get new players to their rooster. WvW will get a boost, life is great in WvW again.

Today we all waited for the server check from Anet, because they will open us all up right? We will all get the same chance in a game mode where the only thing that matters is what server the new players picks. It turned out that 7 servers will not be a part of this at all. 7 servers will miss out on all this new players and it can never be reveresed. When the new players make their choise of server as soon as they downloaded the game that is it. 7 servers will not be avaliable in that list. 7 servers will miss out on this amazing boost of new players. 7 servers will get nothing, in a game mode where servers matter. Where guilds need new players and have been for years and years. Yet this is not for all servers, 7 are left out and a Steam release will only happen 1 time.

I mean they should have forced players onto the 4 lowest populated servers and closed all the others until relink.

Yeah 7 servers that have 2-4 times more players than some other servers, totally deserve to get the same shot at new players as those lower servers, cause people totally won't gravitate to the fullest servers to make sure they have lots of people around them cause they don't understand megaservers makes sure that doesn't matter.

But yeah, sure, let's open all servers so the stackers can get more stacked.

We're getting world restructuring in the future, so crying about getting new players doesn't matter anyways.... 🙄

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

We're getting world restructuring in the future, so crying about getting new players doesn't matter anyways.... 🙄

At the current rate, those players will be incredibly old, if not turning in their graves by the time World Restructuring is implemented by the descendents of the descendents of the devs.

Edited by Svarty.8019
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

47 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

At the current rate, those players will be incredibly old, if not turning in their graves by the time World Restructuring is implemented by the descendents of the descendents of the devs.

TBF I didn't say "near" future for a reason and I always expected world restructuring to come out around 2049.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah 7 servers that have 2-4 times more players than some other servers, totally deserve to get the same shot at new players as those lower servers, cause people totally won't gravitate to the fullest servers to make sure they have lots of people around them cause they don't understand megaservers makes sure that doesn't matter.

But yeah, sure, let's open all servers so the stackers can get more stacked.

It’s a thinly veiled ‘open BG’ thread!!  

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

For some reason we always come back to this weird idea that some sort of mechanic to shuffle the population of worlds is needed but I have no idea why.

I think the developers thought, when they used to think, that players want to fight other players, rather than giving up until there's no opposition online, like some Karma-Train Lazy Susan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Any server listed as full.

That is good then, its better then making full servers even more overstacked. Ideally new players should be spread between all servers so servers which take most new players do not become feeders for others, but alliances are not up yet so idk how it would be possible now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Polar.8634 said:

That is good then, its better then making full servers even more overstacked. Ideally new players should be spread between all servers so servers which take most new players do not become feeders for others, but alliances are not up yet so idk how it would be possible now.

Exactly.  

list of NA servers and their status:

Anvil Rock—Medium

Blackgate—Full

Borlis Pass—High

Crystal Desert—High

Darkhaven—Very High

Devona's Rest 1—Medium

Dragonbrand—High

Ehmry Bay 2—High

Eredon Terrace—Very High

Ferguson's Crossing 3—High

Fort Aspenwood—Full

Gate of Madness—Very High

Henge of Denravi—Very High

Isle of Janthir—High

Jade Quarry—Full

Kaineng—Medium

Maguuma—Full

Northern Shiverpeaks—High

Sanctum of Rall 4—Very High

Sea of Sorrows—Full

Sorrow's Furnace—High

Stormbluff Isle—High

Tarnished Coast—Full

Yak's Bend—High

List of EU servers and their status

Aurora Glade—High

Blacktide—Medium

Desolation—Very High

Far Shiverpeaks—High

Fissure of Woe—High

Gandara—Full

Gunnar's Hold—High

Piken Square—High

Ring of Fire—High

Ruins of Surmia—Medium

Seafarer's Rest—Very High

Underworld—High

Vabbi—High

Whiteside Ridge 5—High

ArborstoneFR-Medium

Augury RockFR-Very High

Fort RanikFR-Medium

Jade SeaFR-Medium

Vizunah SquareFR-Medium

Abaddon's MouthDE-Medium

Drakkar LakeDE-Very High

DzagonurDE-Medium

Elona ReachDE-Very High

KodashDE-Medium

Miller's SoundDE-Medium

RiversideDE-Very High

Baruch Bay ES-Very High

• Haha 1

Just now, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Exactly.  

I am now on gh linked with fsp. Some of most boring links. we often own all maps, killing both teams at spawn. Cannot even do daily because all camps/shrines are same color.

Thats why i liked beta week, hope all other  servers get many players.

Only concern, at least at the beginning new players will not improve their  server k/d ratio

• Haha 1

The thing is and it seems that many of you totally don't understand that server being full doesn't mean at all that they have more people then the servers being open. Its just the stupid way of deciding based on participation. So stop saying that it is ok for those 7 servers to stay closed because they deserve it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mlatic.8925 said:

The thing is and it seems that many of you totally don't understand that server being full doesn't mean at all that they have more people then the servers being open. Its just the stupid way of deciding based on participation. So stop saying that it is ok for those 7 servers to stay closed because they deserve it.

Call it what you will.  People want population distribution.  This will help to distribute people.

At least, until like @Xenesis.6389noted Alliances is released.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mlatic.8925 said:

I am on very high pop server, linked with another high pop server. 

I clearly see we have much more players than opposite teams

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

I am on very high pop server, linked with another high pop server. 

I clearly see we have much more players than opposite teams

My server is permanently full and we rarely have one queue on EB during reset, how is it distributed in a fair way?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mlatic.8925 said:

My server is permanently full and we rarely have one queue on EB during reset, how is it distributed in a fair way?

seems like population of your server is not active in wvw. I would just change server if I was in your place. your server is perfect example for why we need alliances.

It still does not mean you  need more players on your server. If u overstack, server will be lagging.

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Polar.8634 said:

seems like population of your server is not active in wvw. I would just change server if I was in your place. your server is perfect example for why we need alliances.

Change the server as answer to everything and alliances will not solve anything anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is just me and obviously I can't speak for anyone else about this but...When I first started GW2, it was months before I even poked my head into WvW and something like a year or a year and a half before I began playing it seriously and regularly. If that kind of time frame also holds true for other folks, then I don't know if WvW will be getting any large influx of new Steam players over the next few days. The immediate impact of the Steam release on WvW remains to be seen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1