Whelp, the Tenth Anniversary/Birthday Gift is here.

3 minutes ago, Carlock.9834 said:

then you and I agree, if some bought it at a later date, he should have proportional rewards to his time invested, good someone agrees

1) You already have more rewards than someone who has played less than you.

2) If someone else has "invested" more into the game than you, or even just as much, why do you think you are entitled to more than they?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Carlock.9834 said:

again, you agree with me, if in 10 years you have 2k AP, thats fine thats how much you decided/was able to invest in the game, some people farm them hardcore because they want the shiny armor or for the prestige, and some people take it chill, you hit the nail in the head, new players will feel disheartened if they dont get the full radiant armor set, backpack included in 1 week? should that armor not be tied to ap at all? so new players dont feel left out?

The level of troll here is fascinating. Must have taken years of trolling. 10/10 must be dovregubben 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carlock.9834 said:

again, you agree with me, if in 10 years you have 2k AP, thats fine thats how much you decided/was able to invest in the game, some people farm them hardcore because they want the shiny armor or for the prestige, and some people take it chill, you hit the nail in the head, new players will feel disheartened if they dont get the full radiant armor set, backpack included in 1 week? should that armor not be tied to ap at all? so new players dont feel left out?

The difference is that you can earn achievement points by playing the game. You can't do the same with exclusive birthday rewards which is why birthday rewards - at least in the case of GW2s personal rewards - are fundamentally stupid since there is no gameplay whatsoever involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

1) You already have more rewards than someone who has played less than you.

2) If someone else has "invested" more into the game than you, or even just as much, why do you think you are entitled to more than they?

because thats how real life works bro, if someone goes to the gym more than you, they will have a better body, if someone skates more than you, they will consistently perform better than you, if someone plays guitar 10 hours a day, will play better than someone who plays once a month

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Carlock.9834 said:

how is my comment a "trolling" it presents valid arguments, and not personal attacks

It comes across as trolling as your arguments makes me think you can’t be serious. They are far from valid and realistic. Ignoring the comment you responded to completely and trying to twist it to fit your own agenda 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Carlock.9834 said:

because thats how real life works bro, if someone goes to the gym more than you, they will have a better body, if someone skates more than you, they will consistently perform better than you, if someone plays guitar 10 hours a day, will play better than someone who plays once a month

Yeah, but if you want to stick to this comparison, "going to the gym for 10 years" is getting rewarded with results for actually going there and doing something. You're not getting an instant muscle pack sent to you because you kept having a membership card for 10 years without even showing up.

Similarly you get majority of the rewards for consistently playing the game, not just for creating account 10 years ago and passively waiting for some ridiculously expensive rewards.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I can understand why some people are complaining about the fact that the 10 birthday gift isn't really unique. I mean the eight birthday gift was more unique than 9 and 10 in some way.

But Aat least we go something, on some other game, we got nothing. So we should be happy with what he have in comparaison of these games ^^

At least, we got a title so it's not so bad no ? ^^ let's be positive on this birthday day ^^

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Carlock.9834 said:

You avoided answering the question. But to use your analogy: Why do you expect a better body than someone who works out more than you do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, but if you want to stick to this comparison, "going to the gym for 10 years" is getting rewarded with results for actually going there and doing something. You're not getting an instant muscle pack sent to you because you kept having a membership card for 10 years without even showing up.

Similarly you get majority of the rewards for consistently playing the game, not just for creating account 10 years ago and passively waiting for some ridiculously expensive rewards.

I agree with you, membership card means nothing, only work, actual effort does, and also yeah, expecting a legendary weapon is nonsense, since it would just make them irrelevant, but you gotta admit that just a title is underwhelming

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You avoided answering the question. But to use your analogy: Why do you expect a better body than someone who works out more than you do?

what do you mean I didnt answer? thats the literal answer, time invested equal rewards in anything in life, sports, music, games job, relationships, whatever you bring up, guild wars 2 included, now I do agree that time of character created means nothing to effort, since you could just have logged off for 10 years and just came back today, but what about the people that stayed? those who have like 15k hours?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Carlock.9834 said:

I agree with you, membership card means nothing, only work, actual effort does, and also yeah, expecting a legendary weapon is nonsense, since it would just make them irrelevant, but you gotta admit that just a title is underwhelming

Ok, so we agree on that much. Except it's not "just title", it's... well, here's the list, at the bottom: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Birthday_Gift

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

I can understand why some people are complaining about the fact that the 10 birthday gift isn't really unique. I mean the eight birthday gift was more unique than 9 and 10 in some way.

But Aat least we go something, on some other game, we got nothing. So we should be happy with what he have in comparaison of these games ^^

At least, we got a title so it's not so bad no ? ^^ let's be positive on this birthday day ^^

Truly shows how bad things are if "just be glad we got something" is good enough for some. People must truly have no faith at all in Anet. I'm surprised people play at all if "just be glad we got something" is a true statement in this case. GW2 is not like other games, its a mmo different to other mmo's, at least it was before EoD dropped and they started to break the once good combat systems with bad balancing (fingers crossed that is truly fixed with their promised changes to the team!). 
But like, you must have extremely low expectations if just be glad we got something is good enough. The True issue of the case here is the dye was made per account instead of per character, and we lost our level insta to 60 scrolls which is useful for alts and saves a lot of clicking tomes of knowledge. And then we find out that the proof is something we will all be getting anyway with the event, so it is not special in anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I didn't say that i wasn't expecting something more "cool", but i don't think that arenanet will change their mind with some people complaining about that and saying "sorry, i give you a better gift". I was a little disapointed too but meeeh.... what we can do ? Nothing so....

And i'm not specially playing gw 2 just for birthday gift so..... ^^

7 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Truly shows how bad things are if "just be glad we got something" is good enough for some. People must truly have no faith at all in Anet. I'm surprised people play at all if "just be glad we got something" is a true statement in this case. GW2 is not like other games, its a mmo different to other mmo's, at least it was before EoD dropped and they started to break the once good combat systems with bad balancing (fingers crossed that is truly fixed with their promised changes to the team!). 
But like, you must have extremely low expectations if just be glad we got something is good enough. The True issue of the case here is the dye was made per account instead of per character, and we lost our level insta to 60 scrolls which is useful for alts and saves a lot of clicking tomes of knowledge. And then we find out that the proof is something we will all be getting anyway with the event, so it is not special in anyway. 

tl;dr no matter what they give me, I'll always say they should give me moooooore.

I also like the duality of:

Unique skins and dyes? Bad, because dyes are once per account, we should get more and faster! Proof? Bad, because... too many and too fast, so not unique enough!

Can't win.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

J

6 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

I didn't say that i wasn't expecting something more "cool", but i don't think that arenanet will change their mind with some people complaining about that and saying "sorry, i give you a better gift". I was a little disapointed too but meeeh.... what we can do ? Nothing so....

And i'm not specially playing gw 2 just for birthday gift so..... ^^

Problem is, some players expect everything should be handed to them, like the guy the other day said they should give players who played for 10 years, a full set of legendary armor, some players are never happy about anything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Carlock.9834 said:

what do you mean I didnt answer? thats the literal answer, time invested equal rewards in anything in life, sports, music, games job, relationships, whatever you bring up, guild wars 2 included, now I do agree that time of character created means nothing to effort, since you could just have logged off for 10 years and just came back today, but what about the people that stayed? those who have like 15k hours?

Those gained ingame items (legendaries, infusions, etc.) and especially achievement points for achievement point rewards?

Something I've noticed is that the Decade Weapons is heavily tied to the shaders option in the graphic settings, which I cannot think of any other weapon that relies on that. So if you have say your shader option on low, there are basically no textures on the weapon and it looks like a brown hunk of junk. Very odd choice, given that even legendaries are not super effected by this. 

I wonder if that is just a bug or an oversight on the weapons itself.

16 hours ago, IsabelDawn.8950 said:

Unpopular opinion: Birthday gifts shouldnt be too epic. Wouldnt want newer players to feel disadvantaged simply for not playing as long.

I do sort of agree, but I also think new players seeing how much Anet rewards their dedicated player base might also gain trust and make it seem like a good place to spend some time. Nothing too epic, like you said., but at least something useful, useful for new players too like the birthday cake, would have been nice.

4 minutes ago, mischwoof.9785 said:

Great job Arenanet, I love getting the gift equivalent of a bonus chicken nugget for having played the game a third of my life; I feel really special, 10/10

As is tradition: what reward for creating an account 10 years ago did you expect?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1