Happy birthday Guild Wars 2 and happy birthday all!

Hey, that's it.

Β 

It's the day! I with you all an happy birthday to all, to all decade player and a very happy birthday to Guild Wars 2.Β πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚
I wish you and arenanet an new great decade and a lot of succes in the future.

10 years !!! You and us can be proud of the longevity of the game. Thank's to arenanet, tk's to guild wars 1, thank's to all player who make this longevity. Past players, present players, futur players or players who aren't with us anymore (a thought to them, they are still and will be always a part of the family of gw 2.)

Β 

So again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

It seems weird that it's been that long. Even when I remember I've changed jobs 3 times since then, moved house and gone through roughly 3 different computers. Not to mention all the stuff I've done in GW2. This is close to the longest I've ever played a game without breaks of a year or more. Creatures 3 still holds the record, but GW2 is very close to passing it.

Of course I haven't been around for absolutely everything - even at the start I played the headstart period and launch day then I was away for a week. I came back and the Trading Post was working, everyone was a higher level than me and some people were already in Orr. It took me months to get my first character to level 80 (partially because by then I had 5 characters), then I put the main game on hold to play Super Adventure Box, started Flame & Frost and when I told my guild the Molten Facility was my first dungeon they told me off for not finishing the main storyline, encouraged me to do it and helped me through Arah, which was a 5-person dungeon back then. (The hardest part for me was not jumping off the airships to break out of the map until after we'd finished, because I didn't want to annoy the people helping me.)

I have a lot of memories of the game (and thousands of screenshots), but it still seems weird that it's been an entire decade.

• Like 5

Yes a decade, a lot of things happen in life. I moved from house too one time.
I work at the same place from a decade too.

One thing that i love is that even after 10 years, we still discover some things that we missed in theΒ in the environment. of each area. (as the castlle in the sky). We can miss easily some details in the environnement of each maps.
The other one is when we all player discover a new area/event. You can feel the excitement of discovering all the new things together.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It seems weird that it's been that long. Even when I remember I've changed jobs 3 times since then, moved house and gone through roughly 3 different computers. Not to mention all the stuff I've done in GW2. This is close to the longest I've ever played a game without breaks of a year or more.Β 

It's weird to think my kids were 3 and 6 at launch, and now both of them are teenagers who play GW2 with me.

I remember when my daughter would only play in the 5 cities, and used the arrow keys to move. She'd travel in a straight line until she hit a wall, then keyboard turn, then travel in another straight line until she hit another obstacle. For the longest time my attempts to teach her to mouse turn would be met with a short, concerted effort, and then she'd be back to the arrow keys.

Happy birthday, GW2 and ArenaNet!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Woohoo, happy birthday ArenanetΒ πŸ₯žπŸ₯³

Im getting ancient, combined with gw1 its been 15 and a half years. Earlier 2006 was my first guildwars experience,Β probably by reading about it in a 'printed on paper' game magazine (PC gameplay, a Dutch/Belgian magazine from that time).Β πŸ§“

I still remember my first gw session. First i was in a beautiful green and lively area, and went on doing a certain primary quest i ended up in a Postapocalyptic setting. I was figuring out how to get back to the green map, until realising it was no moreΒ :classic_sad:Β and was actually the same map, two years later.

Planning to dive into guildwars 2 again today with a fresh new character 😎Maybe this game dinosaur still has some tips and tricks to share with new players. 

Β 

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It's weird to think my kids were 3 and 6 at launch, and now both of them are teenagers who play GW2 with me.

I remember when my daughter would only play in the 5 cities, and used the arrow keys to move. She'd travel in a straight line until she hit a wall, then keyboard turn, then travel in another straight line until she hit another obstacle. For the longest time my attempts to teach her to mouse turn would be met with a short, concerted effort, and then she'd be back to the arrow keys.

Happy birthday, GW2 and ArenaNet!

Β 

Yes, it's the story of some people. Their kid grow up and now play with their parents. ^^
Or juste some people meet each other on the game and finish married and have a baby too.

We can't imagine how important a game, this game, can have impact on the life of players ^^