guild claiming?

Ragnarox.9601

Hey, I need help i recently created a guild and I want to be able to claim camps, keeps, towers but cant. Ive read somewhere I need to level my guild to level 5 to have some options unlocked for it. I researched a mine which i need for that. But I am in another guild which is level 2 and they can claim camps, towers etc, hows that possible? I am missing something 😞

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Hey, I need help i recently created a guild and I want to be able to claim camps, keeps, towers but cant. Ive read somewhere I need to level my guild to level 5 to have some options unlocked for it. I researched a mine which i need for that. But I am in another guild which is level 2 and they can claim camps, towers etc, hows that possible? I am missing something 😞

Yes you have to level up your guild or people cannot get +5 supplies from what was claimed.  Your level 2 other guild should not be claiming anything (unless you're on a server against mine, then claim away!) 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Yes you have to level up your guild or people cannot get +5 supplies from what was claimed.  Your level 2 other guild should not be claiming anything (unless you're on a server against mine, then claim away!) 

No I was wandering how can some other guild with level 2 claim camps and I cannot with level 3. I dont need +5 supps only claiming option.

• Thanks 1

How do you know they are level 2? No guild <lv5 should be able to claim camps.

Assuming the guild leader has given you permission to claim. To claim camps, you first need a Guild Hall, then build a Tavern, then a Mine(then get the first Aether Capacity), then a Workshop, then you can build a War Room which is for the guild's WvW ablities. Once you have a war room you can get Camp Claiming. After unlocking Camp Claiming you can get Aura 1 which gives the +5 sups.

TBH if yo want to claim camps I'd say get at least Aura 1. The higher the Aura the better but camps get flipped frequently. Theres no point in claiming if you can't give either an Aura or some schematics for the tactivator, it might actually be detrimental to your server. A small group decides to take a structure, they stop at the camp for supps, they only get 15 each when it could have bbeen 20 each, need to make an extra trip to the camp to get all siege built. Maybe people in the group could have claimed it with Aura, given the group +5 supps and saving the final trip back, but they can't, another guild has claimed it.

2 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

No I was wandering how can some other guild with level 2 claim camps and I cannot with level 3. I dont need +5 supps only claiming option.

This might help:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/War_Room

Not sure on the level 2 guild claiming maybe some grand-fathered guild prior to guild halls existing, but have you completed the upgrade : WvW Guild Claiming: Camps? As far as not needing the +5 supply, would be kind of a dis-service to your server to claim a camp without at least that buff as people would be expecting it. 

3 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

It's not based on the level of your guild. Go visit the War Room in your guildhall and talk to the War Room Proprietor.  You'll see an upgrade called Guild Claiming: Camps.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Guild_Claiming:_Camps.  But as @Dawdler.8521 said above, do everyone else on your server a favor and make sure to purchase the Objective Aura 1: Supply Capacity too before you actually claim a camp...or draw the ire of your servermates.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_1:_Supply_Capacity

Edited by Ronin.4501

15 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Level 2 Guild claiming Camps and Towers? That is not possible 😄

WvW Guild Claiming Requirements ::

Camps : Needs Guild Level 5

Towers : Guild Level 10

Keeps : Guild Level 22

Stonemist Castle : Guild Level 31

Even if your guild is above level 10 but with no War Room upgrades, there is nada to claim.

Edited by MintyMin.2718