Gear / Build tabs

I don't understand the limitations on gear and build tabs. Why not have unlimited options? 

From business perspective, just let me give you more money.

From gameplay perspective, does it really effect the game at all ? (I can understand that player's choices must have an impact somehow, but does this really apply here?) 

My dream is to make my engineer a God, being able to perform everything. everywhere, for this I will need 12 gear/build slots. I have only 8... 

I know I can make a new character but...well... I don't want to... for RP reasons and for unique emotional connection with this character. 

Edited by Kougiou.5634
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Because they have to store all that on their servers, and for millions of accounts it adds up quickly. They likely have to do minor infastructure upgrades every time they increase the limits.

Keep in mind its exponential growth: Accounts x characters x templates.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Because they have to store all that on their servers, and for millions of accounts it adds up quickly. They likely have to do minor infastructure upgrades every time they increase the limits.

Keep in mind its exponential growth: Accounts x characters x templates.

Couldn't they keep it locally like in GW1?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Couldn't they keep it locally like in GW1?

Maybe for build templates, but not for gear because that stores the actual items.

For build templates my work-around is to store the chat codes in a document. Not that I'm using all the slots that are available now, but for example I have a build I only use in the Labyrinth at Halloween, I don't need that in a build slot all year round, so I keep it separately and save my money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Yep, this is so anoying. Before official templates we had unlimited free 3rd party templates which you could use.

Before the official "Templates System" there was an actual templates system. Now we only have loadouts.

Even with the design as it is, I don't understand (1) why they didn't include an equipment storage like the build storage we have, and (2) why we have limitations as to how many "templates" we can save.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

*3rd party free unlimited template exists*

*gw2 manager dude see it*

*THIS SMELL LIKE MANY MONYYYYYYYYYY*

*make a crappier paid version*

thysiswecan'thavenicethingsmeme.jpg

That was a really funny meme talk. I especially like the bit where the jpg said something.