Skirmish Claim tickets

EyzKold.8247

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

What are you rushing towards? 

The entire point of WvW as an endgame mode is that it's infinite. You cant "finish" it. Every new enemy encounter is unique - even when you repeat fight someone. 

Do you have like... a deadline? 

Because otherwise ascended work perfectly fine until you make your legendary sets. In fact it's kind of made so that you get them first.

No one is rushing towards anything, they're simply comparing WvW reward gain rate to the other two methods of obtaining legendary armor, and it's absolutely horrendous. The only things that seem to take a relatively normal amount of time are Warbringer and Conflux. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

16 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

What are you rushing towards? 

The entire point of WvW as an endgame mode is that it's infinite. You cant "finish" it. Every new enemy encounter is unique - even when you repeat fight someone. 

Do you have like... a deadline? 

Because otherwise ascended work perfectly fine until you make your legendary sets. In fact it's kind of made so that you get them first.

Ascended isn't "perfectly fine". Ascended is a stepping stone you need to cross to get to the good stuff and the sooner the better.

Anet makes changes and those changes require players to make changes. There is a cost each and every time someone wants to change something  (like stat change to ascended pieces".  Times that cost by 6 of you want to change the stats 6 of pieces of armor... and how many times do you need to change the stats for testing? 

Then the back piece. Then the trinkets/accessories... then the weapons.

Everything has a cost. 

I was using zerk medium ascended on my engineer.  I did the math and the best for for what I wanted was all assassin.  So that cost me to stat switch  gear over and/or make new ascended added up.

And everyone has a deadline. You as well  even if you won't admit it. The game has a finite shelf life and the amount of time I will enjoy playing it has a finite shelf life.  I quit once already and would not have come back but for the mounts. So yes. There is 100% a deadline.

Also, being stuck in the same gear till you can afford to stat change, make new, purchase with currency (laurels for trinks) gets boring. It may be that People want to try different things but also many times we are forced to go to different things because of Anet workovers.   My d/d  d/d  condition thief was made useless last major update. I don't use it anymore in wvw.  I moved all dire gear to an engineer for pve. No more wvw with it. 

So no

Ascended isn't just fine unless you are ok with being a lackluster, mediocre player, competing with people who have all the shiny stuff you do not have. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Ascended isn't "perfectly fine". Ascended is a stepping stone you need to cross to get to the good stuff and the sooner the better.

Ascended is perfectly fine for every challenging endgame in GW2 stat-wise, it is BiS good stuff, because it has exactely the same stats as Legendary and you can even change the stats from ascended weapons/armor in the mystic forge.

The only advantage of WvW legendary armor is that it is more convenient because of the legendary armory and if you want to change infusions/stats frequently. WvW ascended armor even has exactly the same skins/effects as WvW legendary armor.

If you want legendary gear, that's OK. Go, get it and have fun. But in general ascended is also perfectly fine and BiS if you want to play challenging content in this game and it is not just a stepping stone.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Ascended isn't just fine unless you are ok with being a lackluster, mediocre player

... so you're saying its fine?

Sounds to me like you're just complaining for the sake of inconvenience. You know, there was a time we didnt have legendary gear and instead had multiple full sets in inventory and multiple banktabs full of ascended. Heck even I didnt build a pair of legendary rings until late last year, I literally had 2 bank tabs filled with various rings and thats ignoring the ones that already was on all characters.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Ascended isn't "perfectly fine".

You are right, ascended isn't "perfectly fine". Exotic is perfectly fine, ascended is better.

Exotic and ascended even beat out legendary on weapon slots for WvW for classes which weapon swap for blasting or movement skills.

Now some of the ascended item costs could/should get adjusted in WvW to make the cost/effort more compare-able to other areas of the game after years of not adjusting them.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Ascended isn't just fine unless you are ok with being a lackluster, mediocre player, competing with people who have all the shiny stuff you do not have. 

If you are a lackluster, mediocre player it doesn't matter if you have exotic, ascended or legendary gear because you will continue to be a mediocre player with every gear you have. Player skill matters a lot more in this game than the small stat differences between exotic, ascended and legendary gear. That is a concept hard to understand for some players coming from other games where you have to grind a lot for gear with a lot better stats (that you really need for endgame content).

If you can not compete with other players as a level 80, it's mostly because of your own skill and not because of your gear.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Ahh hahaha Too funny.

The same person has 4 accounts on the forum. Is it one paid and 3 free? 

Player skills matter... true.

My personal best win with my Glass Scrapper, armor all assassin and as much precision on my accessories as possible is 6 opponents vs 1 of me.  I did that less than a week ago. Before that my best win was me vs 5.

Skill doesn't make up for imperfect gear compatability.  Skill helps a great deal but if you want to be the best at what you do then you need to outfit yourself for it.

Two days ago I tool out a team of 2. A Willbender and Scourge.  The willbender kept mailing me, accusing me if cheating because of how my health was so low and suddenly jumped up.

It is how I play. When an opponent's health nears 0 most people tend to forget defense and push as hard offensively as they can. Then when my heal pops off they are caught flat footed/off balance and I send them back to the waypoint whether they want to go or not. 

Skill is no issue, however, if I had a mash of armor stats that was incompatible due to not being able to afford what I needed,  then there is an increased possibility of a loss.  

You know how I know you (in all your accounts) do not understand the reality of what I am saying...

You posted this "Exotic and ascended even beat out legendary on weapon slots for WvW for classes which weapon swap for blasting or movement skills."

Made me chuckle.  

I have the legendary Pistol "Hope" and an ascended one. Beyond aesthetic value, the only difference is the free and easy stat change on the legendary. 

As well.... because my armor is all legendary, I was able to make three different builds: (1) WvW solo roaming, (2) WvW Group Battles, and (3) pve solo roaming.

But yes. You must be correct. Not being able to equip the stats to match exactly how I want to play is sooooo much better than having Legendary Gear that allows me to do exactly what I want when I want.

😆 😆 😆 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Ahh hahaha Too funny.

Player skills matter... true.

My personal best win with my Glass Scrapper, armor all assassin and as much precision on my accessories as possible is 6 opponents vs 1 of me.  I did that less than a week ago. Before that my best win was me vs 5.

Skill doesn't make up for imperfect gear compatability.  Skill helps a great deal but if you want to be the best at what you do then you need to outfit yourself for it.

Two days ago I tool out a team of 2. A Willbender and Scourge.  The willbender kept mailing me, accusing me if cheating because of how my health was so low and suddenly jumped up.

It is how I play. When an opponent's health nears 0 most people tend to forget defense and push as hard offensively as they can. Then when my heal pops off they are caught flat footed/off balance and I send them back to the waypoint whether they want to go or not. 

Skill is no issue, however, if I had a mash of armor stats that was incompatible due to not being able to afford what I needed,  then there is an increased possibility of a loss.  

You know how I know you (in all your accounts) do not understand the reality of what I am saying...

You posted this "Exotic and ascended even beat out legendary on weapon slots for WvW for classes which weapon swap for blasting or movement skills."

Made me chuckle.  

I have the legendary Pistol "Hope" and an ascended one. Beyond aesthetic value, the only difference is the free and easy stat change on the legendary. 

As well.... because my armor is all legendary, I was able to make three different builds: (1) WvW solo roaming, (2) WvW Group Battles, and (3) pve solo roaming.

But yes. You must be correct. Not being able to equip the stats to match exactly how I want to play is sooooo much better than having Legendary Gear that allows me to do exactly what I want when I want.

😆 😆 😆 

Free accounts can’t comment here.  Can’t make forum accounts.

Yes, the time restraint on gaining skirmish tickets is bad in wvw compared to the other two methods.   Anet needs to look into improving the number of players going into WVW and keeping them highly interested in this game mode.  One way would to improve the reward tracks and the way skirmish tickets are obtained.  There is a lack of players in GW2 playing this mode of the game.  It was far easier to gain the leggie trinkets than the armor.  Skirmish tickets need to be a map currency that can be bought or traded on the TP and/or traded through a vendor.  The skirmish tickets should  also be in the skirmish chests as part of the reward system and/or after the last diamond chest is obtained, more tickets could be obtain through completing the last diamond chest over and over again.  If this isn't a viable option, Anet could lower the amount of skirmish tickets needed per leggie item requiring them while keeping the current system.  365 tickets per week is really not enough.  Especially working 22 weeks or longer to get them. 

Players need a sense of accomplishment when completing a goal like making a piece of leggie armor.  It feels like a punishment to many players and eventually they leave WvW due to the length of time needed for the tickets.    Gamings in general are designed to make players feel good when completing a goal.   Sure, there are several achievements in GW2 that make one pull out their teeth like jumping puzzles.  I've heard through discord several players cussing up a storm on puzzles, but also they come back to try it again and again.  There's not a time constraint usually on puzzles.  Just player skills in order to complete the puzzle.   When games have a contraint placed on players, time and time again we can see a decline in that games' overall population or in an area of an online game.  I've seen a lot of players leave games due to restraints which leads to a loss of interest.

So, ideas to help WvW grow/expand

1. Skirmish tickets as an option in Skirmish Chests.

2. Reduce the 22 weeks to 10 to 12 weeks to gain tickets.  Perhaps 1000 tickets / wk max.   

3. Skirmish tickets traded for gold at the TP.

4. Skirmish tickets  traded for other map currencies

5.  Rewards tracks need improvements.  Reduce the amount of points needed to complete tracks.  Reduce track pts from 20000k to 10k or 15k. 

6.  Up the amount of rewards in the track if 20k points wouldn't be reduced.   This would actually help Anet in a way.  Players make more, have less space b/c they fill up their bags to quickly - forces player to upgrade.  When players are gaining a lot, players feel good about that.  Play more.

This game mode has been neglected for a long time.  WvW players need improvements in this area of the game.  Players please help contribute ideas and direct them to Anet...

Unite for WvW and when you meet an enemy player in WvW, kill them well b/c they deserve it 🙂 hehe.  Remember, it's all in fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Sometimes people just think alike when they see something silly posted on the forum. Its is only funny if you need to think too hard why.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

If you're playing WvW for rewards it's not a great idea. The game's balance doesn't even consider WvW as a major factor evidenced by recent PVE-oriented patches giving boons out like candy while also not majorly improving any competitiveness to firebrand or scrapper. (Meanwhile if you look at GDC coverage on Arenanet, they stated biweekly content target for PVE circa 2014.) Rangers and thieves in particular are relegated to the same "pick"/gank roles as nearly the entire decade because simple changes such as higher cleave or ability to stow pet on core ranger /druid haven't been implemented. The only reason to play WvW is for community more or less, since unlike instanced content in PvE it isn't dependent on the developers to push out content and you interact with more than 10 people at a given time in a more in depth manner than spamming autos if you play WvW properly.

That brings me to my second point which is WvW is inherently unbalanced. That's not just due to player skill level, experience level, and whatever minimal stat differences between exotic, ascended , and legendary but due to the WvW infusions (which you can buy for laurels by the way). Unlike openworld the computer and network demand is far higher as well even with the new DX11 implementations. The last major code change is probably the move from an internal server network to Amazon Web Services, which incidentally sometimes affected performance in a negative way for many players due to the elastic EC2 instances. I don't fault Arenanet for this, as they probably view the netcode as an insurmountable task with the original coders for the network largely gone as far as I can tell. Stephen Clarke Wilson is in more of an administrative role now I believe (see his older slides at https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024018/-Guild-Wars-Microservices-and).

If you just want legendary armor, I am almost certain that raiding in normal mode is the fastest way especially now that they have the emboldened mode and a new training section in LFG. WvW legendary armor doesn't even have a unique skin, only mistforged does. The best uses of skirmish claim tickets are actually just warclaw, WVW exclusive skins , legendary ring (Conflux: which you can obtain two of by the way), and the legendary backpiece.

Also when I see the suggestion of skirmish tickets to gold it just disgusts me since that means you value your WvW time lower than any form of PVE or minimum wage in any developed country in real life (due to gems to gold). If WvW were really balanced to PvE in terms of exotic and ascended acquisition you would be getting an exotic every time you capped a T3 keep or something akin to that but it's still on 2012 rewards with the champion bag (embroidered belt pouch) that has plummeted in value.

If Arenanet does cater to the players that play fewer hours in WVW they would still need to cap the weekly skirmish tickets as they do now. Let's not pretend legendary items are a requirement at all however. In the past I've stated Arenanet should really reevaluate the Grandmaster mark shards but they're still ingame for the WvW skirmish track. That could've been changed with maybe one line of code to grandmaster mark boxes instead. Skirmish tracks were already accelerated with the addition of pips for every tier player as recent as 2021 (see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-11-09).

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Ahh hahaha Too funny.

As mentioned by others, free accounts don't post here.

The irony of your lack of knowledge and gloating is just funny at this point.

6 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Made me chuckle.  

😆 😆 😆 

Actually what I was referring to was the fact that you can't weapon swap legendary weapons (not weapon swap between both equipped sets but exchange with another weapon in the inventory) with weapons from the inventory when swapping for blasting in an efficient way. Something which is very common among higher skilled WvW players (to get say 3 blasts in as firebrand with staff 2, focus 5, hammer 5, return to staff). Legendary items lose their stats and in fact would not even move to inventory with the armory (or before if equipped in another template before the armory), making it take far to long to swap back to, versus simply swapping ascended weapons around.

This is also used in high skill pve content for blasting if need be and speed-runners are seen using this method constantly. As such, exotic and ascended weapons are superior for any player which wants to use this.

Something you would not know about obviously at your skill level.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

As mentioned by others, free accounts don't post here.

The irony of your lack of knowledge and gloating is just funny at this point.

Actually what I was referring to was the fact that you can't weapon swap legendary weapons (not weapon swap between both equipped sets but exchange with another weapon in the inventory) with weapons from the inventory when swapping for blasting in an efficient way. Something which is very common among higher skilled WvW players (to get say 3 blasts in as firebrand with staff 2, focus 5, hammer 5, return to staff). Legendary items lose their stats and in fact would not even move to inventory with the armory (or before if equipped in another template before the armory), making it take far to long to swap back to, versus simply swapping ascended weapons around.

This is also used in high skill pve content for blasting if need be and speed-runners are seen using this method constantly. As such, exotic and ascended weapons are superior for any player which wants to use this.

Something you would not know about obviously at your skill level.

LOL!!!!!! Wait Wait Wait!!!

Did you actually just say that the "superior player" breaks combat just so they can swap out weapons to blast???? ROFL!!!

You can only do that prior a fight when you are not in combat or if you break combat. Who cares what someone does before a fight commences? I don't.  If someone breaks a fight to swap out  weapons... 

LOL!!!

That isn't a superior player. That is a pathetic inferior player with a childish mentality that they get so butt hurt on losing a fight, they cannot handle the shame.

I will only fight with what I have when the fight commences. I have never once left combat to make changes nor will I ever do that. That shameful move would never be fair to my opponent and that is not how top tier players win.

Example. Last year (I was on my dire gear p/d  d/d condi thief)  I lost a 1v1 fight with a catalyst who was super heavy on condition cleanse.  I went through the combat log and I mentally analyzed the fight. I realized the only way to beat that build was to be able to push the conditions harder melee style.  So I made the switch to d/d  d/d condition thief, found the guy, and again and again and won every fight.

Never lost any 1v1 fight with my thief after that.

And I did it the proper way. No pathetic moves like leaving combat.

That would be like telling people you worked your way to a million dollars when the reality is you recycled $1 worth of cans you picked off the ground, purchased a lottery ticket, and won $1,000,000.  The truth is how you got there. Did you actually do the work or take a shortcut and try to pass it off as doing the work. 

But holy crap you made me laugh. Trying to pawn off low skill cheapness as actual talent. Some advice. Do the Work. Get better.

LOL !!!!

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

LOL!!!!!! Wait Wait Wait!!!

Did you actually just say that the "superior player" breaks combat just so they can swap out weapons to blast???? ROFL!!!

You can only do that prior a fight when you are not in combat or if you break combat. Who cares what someone does before a fight commences? I don't.  If someone breaks a fight to swap out  weapons... 

It's called a stealth engage. You know, that thing where you blast smoke fields on first engage? Don't worry, many pro thief players like yourself don't know about it. /s

LOL!!!

That isn't a superior player. That is a pathetic inferior player with a childish mentality that they get so butt hurt on losing a fight, they cannot handle the shame.

Childish mentality... oh the irony.

I will only fight with what I have when the fight commences. I have never once left combat to make changes nor will I ever do that. That shameful move would never be fair to my opponent and that is not how top tier players win.

Top tier players win by using every resource at their disposal.

Example. Last year (I was on my dire gear p/d  d/d condi thief)  I lost a 1v1 fight with a catalyst who was super heavy on condition cleanse.  I went through the combat log and I mentally analyzed the fight. I realized the only way to beat that build was to be able to push the conditions harder melee style.  So I made the switch to d/d  d/d condition thief, found the guy, and again and again and won every fight.

Never lost any 1v1 fight with my thief after that.

And I did it the proper way. No pathetic moves like leaving combat.

Ah, was that what your complaint threads where about, where you whinned about the state of thief?

Here I thought it was just another mediocre player, lacking fundamental understanding of game mechanics, whinning. My bad, your severe lack knowledge of how things worked showing through your posts made me misunderstand your message back then.

That would be like telling people you worked your way to a million dollars when the reality is you recycled $1 worth of cans you picked off the ground, purchased a lottery ticket, and won $1,000,000.  The truth is how you got there. Did you actually do the work or take a shortcut and try to pass it off as doing the work. 

But holy crap you made me laugh. Trying to pawn off low skill cheapness as actual talent. Some advice. Do the Work. Get better.

LOL !!!!

I made you laugh? Happy we both got a chuckle out of this then.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Top tier players win by using every resource at their disposal.

Gotcha

Something that I would never do because I find it to be dishonest is something you readily do.

But if I win every 1v1 fight by not doing the sneaky like top tier players do.....

AHAAA!!  

Why thank you. By your definition I am better than any top tier player in the game.  I appreciate the compliment. 

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I thought I've seen it all now. Blasting stealth on smoke field is now called "low skill cheapness" 🤣

There is 💯 nothing wrong with that.

However, if you leave combat to swap out weapons to do it then you have admitted defeat.

You fight with what you have. The moment you run away from a fight to make changes that fight is over. You lost. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

However, if you leave combat to swap out weapons to do it then you have admitted defeat.

You fight with what you have. The moment you run away from a fight to make changes that fight is over. You lost. 

Then why are you complaining?  By your own logic, you won.  👏🤝

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Before people were blasting smoke they used veil on core mesmer, which is before expansions existed. Is that "low skill cheapness" in your mind too?

Swapping weapons is part of the template system and part of high tier play in WVW as well as instanced PVE. If you don't understand that you are just illustrating your lack of knowledge as Cyninja stated. Arenanet tried to restrict this sort of minutiae in play optimization to make it more accessible for new players by removing boons on template swap in PVE. Arenanet has also repeatedly done "anti-hardcore" patches such as removal of held items such as shovels and rocks in fractals.

In reality with the launch of the template system Arenanet originally stated that you would only be able to swap templates at spawn. They didn't actually uphold that idea so people use every tool at their disposal to "win" (a battle/skirmish/etc). Unlike in PVE where winning faster actually means more rewards , winning in WvW is essentially meaningless for the most part other than commanders' egos at this point in time. So your complaining is much ado about nothing.

P.S. WvW is not and has not ever been balanced around people kitten about 1v1ing on the middle island. It will never be since PvP balancing hasn't made it to WvW for the most part including sigils (such as cleansing sigil).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

You only thing you are supposed to do is whatever you want.

Just like irl we are subject to the laws of physics, in games we are also subject to the whims of the developers and their design philosophy.

I can't think of any important thing in the game that isn't time-gated to having daily or weekly limit on rewards.

Obviously if they wanted you to grind continuously, those time gates and diminishing returns wouldn't exist. Clearly a way of manipulating players to stay around and play longer, while also rewarding more casual play.

Edited by Player.2475

3 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

Just like irl we are subject to the laws of physics, in games we are also subject to the whims of the developers and their design philosophy.

I can't think of any important thing in the game that isn't time-gated to having daily or weekly limit on rewards.

Obviously if they wanted you to grind continuously, those time gates and diminishing returns wouldn't exist. Clearly a way of manipulating players to stay around and play longer, while also rewarding more casual play.

The underlined sentence is 100% incorrect.
Almost everything is timegated in some fashion. Whether it is daily login rewards, weekly raids, weekly strikes, daily strike bonuses, daily fractal bonuses, daily jumping puzzle chests, seasonal PVP ranked rewards, PVP gold income limits from unranked, etc. If you did Aurora legendary trinket you would remember the Wayfarer's Henge timegate of 16 druid runestones; any person that goes the route of Desert Mastery for 2nd gen legendary weapons knows that the funerary incenses are also timegated. Even something as simple as charge quartz crystal is timegated once per date.

Edited by Infusion.7149
nevermind

23 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The underlined sentence is 100% incorrect.
Almost everything is timegated in some fashion. Whether it is daily login rewards, weekly raids, weekly strikes, daily strike bonuses, daily fractal bonuses, daily jumping puzzle chests, seasonal PVP ranked rewards, PVP gold income limits from unranked, etc. If you did Aurora legendary trinket you would remember the Wayfarer's Henge timegate of 16 druid runestones; any person that goes the route of Desert Mastery for 2nd gen legendary weapons knows that the funerary incenses are also timegated. Even something as simple as charge quartz crystal is timegated once per date.

That's exactly what I meant.