Wintrading at an all time high

Bast.7253

10 hours ago, CK rimeiller.5014 said:

Indeed. And the cycle repeats all the time. Currently it is Shorts not getting tired to brag how he has power in balance now because one of his friends became dev not too long ago. I am sure it is not Tpot or Roy, so must be someone was hired after them. 

it is prob that Trig guy

5 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

It's got nothing to do with political ideology and identity politics and I'm not willing to engage in either as these are video game forums, not reddit, and I would rather find a way to find a relevant application here in this context.

Find a more fitting boycott then, because the two you named dropped have oddly specific reasons as to why they happened.  

Advertisers boycotting Twitter for instance is much more applicable, as that isn't directly rooted in ideology but a guy who's good at space stuff being very bad at tech stuff.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Find a more fitting boycott then, because the two you named dropped have oddly specific reasons as to why they happened.  

Advertisers boycotting Twitter for instance is much more applicable, as that isn't directly rooted in ideology but a guy who's good at space stuff being very bad at tech stuff.

I don't think that would be a more fitting example of a boycott because that is an advertiser boycott and not a consumer boycott.  The Target and Anheuser-Busch boycotts were consumer boycotts because  a consumer boycott is primarily aimed at a product, service, or business, whereas an advertiser boycott is specifically designed to negatively impact the revenue of a company by urging their advertising partners not to support them; not too dissimilar to "cancelling." But one company going after another; regardless of motivation, is very different to consumers like you and me refusing to purchase from one.

When applying that to a potential Anet/NCsoft boycott, that boycott would ultimately be a consumer boycott because a game, DLC, & the gemstore are all paid, tangible services/software. Afaik (I don't use Twitter) Twitter isn't a paid service and they rely on advertising and investors for the majority of their income.

That's not to say I deny the efficacy of the Twitter boycott because they lost 23% (~270 mil) in that same quarterly. I just don't see how that's relevant, given that it is fundamentally different to a consumer boycott, and furthermore I do not appreciate being told what I can and cannot say by people with 0 authority to demand such. I do appreciate the insight though.

Getting a bit off-track here. The point of a boycott is never to tear down, it is to make better. In the context of Gw2, a boycott would be a refusal; by PvP & WvW players, to buy the upcoming expansion or items from the gemstore to reduce the apathy we receive from ANet when it comes to issues like rampant match manipulation. These are big parts of the game, especially end-game, with some players only playing for the pvp modes.

If we can get the devs attention with our money, then we can start pushing for fundamental revamps and additional content for PvP beyond the boring balance patches we get every few months. There's many good ideas out there and getting rid of the wintraders is fs a good one. Remove DuoQ along with them and it might just be worth getting back into. 👍

They might even consider communicating with us lowly, animalistic PvP players again like equals. Remember when Ben P. used to do that? It helps. Certainly better than total silence and apathy we've had in recent years. As it stands, they just pop in; "here's your nerfs, see you next Wintersday", and then vanish. If we buy into that, we're only asking for more of it.

• Like 5

On 8/18/2023 at 12:35 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

This has been going on for 5+ years now. The devs are in cahootz with the RMT boosters and literally do not care.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbMLjFC9pvk

"Wintrading has been a problem at the top level for the last few years thanks to Anet refusing to ban even the most obvious cheaters and just letting it run rampant... it really needs a fix so hopefully this video will spread awareness about match manipulation...."

Are those the skills the abusers keep telling everyone else to get good at?

On 8/21/2023 at 12:05 PM, CK rimeiller.5014 said:

Indeed. And the cycle repeats all the time. Currently it is Shorts not getting tired to brag how he has power in balance now because one of his friends became dev not too long ago. I am sure it is not Tpot or Roy, so must be someone was hired after them. 

Kinda funny though, i watched Shorts one time after SoTo release and he did it again. Telling that he just had a big conversation with his favored dev about balance and mesmer. Tried to check some other Vods and now they are all deleted. Maybe your post got some attention 🤣

Toxic wintraders man, one is more cringe than the other one.

• Like 4