Wintrading at an all time high

Bast.7253

Tired of this crap, and the fact that GMs gave these bums their accounts back.

Every single player with a God of PvP title or God of Arena cheated to get it, not a single one is legit.

The 90% win ratios are an exploit on the DUO system, and why none of those bums played during the no duo above 1600 seasons.

They are mouthbreathing losers who ruined the GW2 pvp, and there are GMS who are in on it.

It won't ever be better until they hire a bulldog for security and fire the purple haired GMS friends with any Team USA player.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10

People suggesting to remove duoQ because of Wintraders perfectly show how bad the situation has become. Willingness to remove social features in an mmo because they know full-well Anet is more willing to harm their own game rather than fixing this massive issue.

All they need to do is hire a couple people that go through reports and investigate them. These wintraders get reported dozens of time a day because they don't even bother hiding anymore. There's absolutely no excuse in the world for this atrocious game experience to continue any longer.

Reminds me of WoW's LFG tool being 95% people selling carries (including RMT) and 5% actual people using it for it's intended purpose.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Tired of this crap, and the fact that GMs gave these bums their accounts back.

Every single player with a God of PvP title or God of Arena cheated to get it, not a single one is legit.

The 90% win ratios are an exploit on the DUO system, and why none of those bums played during the no duo above 1600 seasons.

They are mouthbreathing losers who ruined the GW2 pvp, and there are GMS who are in on it.

It won't ever be better until they hire a bulldog for security and fire the purple haired GMS friends with any Team USA player.

Hahah dude just stop. I totally believe the guy who didn’t know that Mesmer and Thief play a similar role. 😂

I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to understand that there are people who are much better than you. Drop the ego dude. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Hahah dude just stop. I totally believe the guy who didn’t know that Mesmer and Thief play a similar role. 😂

I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to understand that there are people who are much better than you. Drop the ego dude. 

Why is mesmer fading out of that role?

Was never meant to be.

Defend the scumbags more.

Literally some of these guys were 60-65% win rates and shoot to a 100-20 record or even 110-10, this increase is not natural or realistic, and even the devs said that most players tend to float around their natural ability, and even a little practice can improve you, it won't make you a 90+% win rate.

Believe what you want though, lmao.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Why is mesmer fading out of that role?

Was never meant to be.

Defend the scumbags more.

Literally some of these guys were 60-65% win rates and shoot to a 100-20 record or even 110-10, this increase is not natural or realistic, and even the devs said that most players tend to float around their natural ability, and even a little practice can improve you, it won't make you a 90+% win rate.

Believe what you want though, lmao.

Mesmer has been a roamer for literally forever. Never faded out of that role. If anything its  forced into that role more than ever. 

Buddy, you're in Gold 1 with a losing record. I don't think you know what roles are. Blows my mind how some of the worst players in this game are the loudest on the forums. Wintrading is the absolute last of your problems in Gold 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Mesmer has been a roamer for literally forever. Never faded out of that role. If anything its  forced into that role more than ever. 

Buddy, you're in Gold 1 with a losing record. I don't think you know what roles are. Blows my mind how some of the worst players in this game are the loudest on the forums. Wintrading is the absolute last of your problems in Gold 

Attack me lol, that's all you got.

Nothing I said was untrue.

Anyways, here's the overlord and his goons dunking on me...lol

Btw, for warrior mains, this dude said bullscharge was the most OP skill in the game when this happened, lmao

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Thanks 7

41 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Attack me lol, that's all you got.

Nothing I said was untrue.

Attack you? You literally made an entire thread about how Mesmer's don't know their role. You don't even know that most Mesmer builds are roamers. You are the stereotypical guy who blames everyone but themselves when they lose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Seriously? You're going to lead with that then tell someone to drop their ego?

What a joke. What happened to the cool, fun Ronald McDonalds of old that would drop a burger and fries into people's mail just to brighten their day slightly?

I guess not anymore. Now its just more simping for do-nothing wintraders and cheese tactics.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

@Multicolorhipster.9751 In case you missed the heavy entertainment value of that man entering this thread:

People have been calling it "the clown-fiesta" for years now, and then an actual clown guy named Ronald McDonald shows up to defend the cartel.

This is happening right now.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Remember folks, if you point to any scummy/shady behavior in regards to high end "competitive" scene, you're just bad and they're better players than you, Deal with it. You could point to any point since season 1 to prove such debauchery is happening/has happened, and you'll get the same sort of response, even when/if you you played within the same space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Seriously? You're going to lead with that then tell someone to drop their ego?

What a joke. What happened to the cool, fun Ronald McDonalds of old that would drop a burger and fries into people's mail just to brighten their day slightly?

I guess not anymore. Now its just more simping for do-nothing wintraders and cheese tactics.

I'm not claiming to be one of those people at the top of the leaderboard. I'm not. I know they are better than me. A lot better than me. I acknowledge that. 

I came back to the game a couple weeks ago after taking over a 9 month break. I'm in plat 1 and I am playing like absolute garbage. My mechanics are terrible, I don't know any of the new match ups. I couldn't imagine being in Gold 1 and calling out one of the best players on our server as a cheater. 

A year ago when I was playing Plat 2 games, the same exact people that are in this thread were making the exact same complaints. Throwers and wintraders are a relatively small problem that is just blown out of proportion by the community. There might be 2 people in this entire thread that are actually of high enough ELO for it to matter. And even then it is blown out of proportion. To say 3/4 of the matches are wintraded is wild. Just wild. 

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

53 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Remember folks, if you point to any scummy/shady behavior in regards to high end "competitive" scene, you're just bad and they're better players than you, Deal with it. You could point to any point since season 1 to prove such debauchery is happening/has happened, and you'll get the same sort of response, even when/if you you played within the same space.

Yeah it's the trend in NA right now, denying everything regardless of the amount of evidence provided. Our leaders have taught us all how to do it, what it looks like, and now citizens of all tiers are currently attempting the same assward behavior on every platform on every level.
It's actually terrifying.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

To say 3/4 of the matches are wintraded is wild. Just wild. 

They're delusional.

The OP lost his noodle and started accusing me of being someone's alt and dodging queues and manipulating the ladder yesterday because I.... queued an unranked game for the daily gold.

I haven't even touched ranked since I got the backpack like 4 years ago lol.

Like yeah it happens and isn't punished but they sound like nutty flat earthers. THE CARTEL GUYS lmao

Literally conspiracy theorist levels of seeing something everywhere.

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

A year ago when I was playing Plat 2 games, the same exact people that are in this thread were making the exact same complaints. Throwers and wintraders are a relatively small problem that is just blown out of proportion by the community. There might be 2 people in this entire thread that are actually of high enough ELO for it to matter. And even then it is blown out of proportion. To say 3/4 of the matches are wintraded is wild. Just wild. 

It's really not a "small" problem. You're the only one that believes this for whatever reason.

Me and a friend were talking about this problem so we went and checked the leaderboards. Something like 75% of people in the top 10-20 places were no-names with 85% win rate and barely making the cut with the required games to show up. One had a winrate of almost 91%. Two days before it was the same thing with different names.

Funny enough, we both play late at night duo so we constantly get matched with these other people and let me tell you something, they aren't the kind of people that get those win rates through skill. Even in pure skillbased 1v1 competitive RTS games there's barely ANYONE even getting close to 80% winrate, let alone EXCEEDING it.

Wintrading is a massive issue.

Edited by Nova.4608
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

In case you missed the heavy entertainment value of that man entering this thread:

People have been calling it "the clown-fiesta" for years now, and then an actual clown guy named Ronald McDonald shows up to defend the cartel.

This is happening right now.

Send in the clowns! 📯 🤡🎺

If I made a change.org petition to change the PvP lobby music to copyright-free circus music, would anyone sign with me?

I'm not claiming to be one of those people at the top of the leaderboard. I'm not. I know they are better than me. A lot better than me. I acknowledge that. 

I came back to the game a couple weeks ago after taking over a 9 month break. I'm in plat 1 and I am playing like absolute garbage. My mechanics are terrible, I don't know any of the new match ups. I couldn't imagine being in Gold 1 and calling out one of the best players on our server as a cheater. 

You don't give yourself enough credit and you give the do-nothings way too much credit.

I have played against you and you are p good mesmer brah, respect.

But the people that you're claiming to be better than you are on the same exact skill level, those 80, 90% of games won are all artificial.

I'm talking REAL top clowns, Ronald. Washed up egotistical clout chasers that hit their peak and from that point on wintraded and cheesed the matchmaker just to gatekeep leaderboard spots on this low population game and flex.

A year ago when I was playing Plat 2 games, the same exact people that are in this thread were making the exact same complaints. Throwers and wintraders are a relatively small problem that is just blown out of proportion by the community. There might be 2 people in this entire thread that are actually of high enough ELO for it to matter. And even then it is blown out of proportion.

Its not blown out of proportion. The same people gatekeep the top of the leaderboard across a handful of alts every single season. It kills all competitive aspects of Ranked and just turns it into yet another boring pip farm.

It could be just 1 person and it would still ruin it. There should be 0 wintraders and spineless, sweaty metagamers in this game, and I hope that one day some hero at Arenanet comes to their senses and bans these clowns, or better yet reverts it back to SoloQ only after plat2 so that everyone can be reminded once again just how painfully average these 'top players' really are.

1 hour ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

I feel like I hear them repeat that same insult on a biweekly basis.

The cartel is criminal organization and criminals love to be reminded of their crimes.

The best way to get them mad is through pure apathy and calling them trash. Yes indeed, the truth is the only defense against egotistical boosted sweats.

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Nova.4608 said:

It's really not a "small" problem. You're the only one that believes this for whatever reason.

Me and a friend were talking about this problem so we went and checked the leaderboards. Something like 75% of people in the top 10-20 places were no-names with 85% win rate and barely making the cut with the required games to show up. One had a winrate of almost 91%. Two days before it was the same thing with different names.

6 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Throwers and wintraders are a relatively small problem that is just blown out of proportion by the community. There might be 2 people in this entire thread that are actually of high enough ELO for it to matter. And even then it is blown out of proportion. To say 3/4 of the matches are wintraded is wild. Just wild. 

So, it's exactly like Ronald said. "75% of people in the top 20" is not a massive game-wide problem, it's a problem that exclusively impacts a handful of people near the top of the leaderboard. Yeah, if you're shooting for a top-10 spot, then wintrading is going to be a big problem. But if you're in gold-1, wintrading isn't what's stopping you climbing to gold-3.

You do understand that exaggeration and hyperbole don't actually help your case, they hurt it. If you just kept it real on this issue, there'd be no debate. "The Boy Who Cried Wintrade" is a cautionary tale.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

So, it's exactly like Ronald said. "75% of people in the top 20" is not a massive game-wide problem, it's a problem that exclusively impacts a handful of people near the top of the leaderboard. Yeah, if you're shooting for a top-10 spot, then wintrading is going to be a big problem. But if you're in gold-1, wintrading isn't what's stopping you climbing to gold-3.

IMO, there is more deep problem. Yes, wintraders in top10 is not what stopping people from climbing out of gold.

But what wintraders are doing is killing desire to play and compete for many people.

Even if most people won't be able to reach top 10 ever, many people just stop giving a kitten about pvp if there are many known cases of untouched wintraders. Like what is the poing to tryhard and improve if I won't be able to reach somewhat decent position in ladder without using metods beyond my understanding of fair competitiveness? 

I believe anet should take actions against wintraders, bots, cheaters etc. not for me to get top 25 instead of top 100. But to prevent bad reputation of pvp scene. So maybe pvp can attract more players.

But it may be to late, sadly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I know we’re acting like wintrading and match manipulation doesn’t affect lower ranked players, but with a smaller population and the current matchmaking algorithm combined with queue dodging it actually affects way more than just people in those brackets. 

Especially when they’re duo queuing with their friends on lower ranked alt accounts.

of course this would be less of a problem without duo queue.

Im just glad this season is over. This past two weeks was abnormally nauseating. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

75% of people in the top 20" is not a massive game-wide problem

It is when they manically queue like they're on amphetamine for 72 hours straight, sleep for 3 hours, and then get up and continue queueing for another 72 hours straight. Because no one can avoid them in queues in a low population. And that 75% of the top 20 is only their mains, this isn't considering how many alts they use for throw phasing to knock other players down the leaderboards.

In a low population where p3+ duos land in games with people in gold division, you can't exactly avoid these players anymore. Also, when they are on alts, the alts tend to have much lower rating than the mains, like bottom plat/top gold 3 rating, and those alt accounts can quite seriously land in a game with anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It is when they manically queue like they're on amphetamine for 72 hours straight, sleep for 3 hours, and then get up and continue queueing for another 72 hours straight. Because no one can avoid them in queues in a low population. And that 75% of the top 20 is only their mains, this isn't considering how many alts they use for throw phasing to knock other players down the leaderboards.

In a low population where p3+ duos land in games with people in gold division, you can't exactly avoid these players anymore. Also, when they are on alts, the alts tend to have much lower rating than the mains, like bottom plat/top gold 3 rating, and those alt accounts can quite seriously land in a game with anyone.

And the fact that I see the same people against the same people every match just seems weird to me. Used to be if you lost you got placed with people that won from the other team and vice versa because matchmaking wanted to keep your win rate in place. Now I’m not seeing that as often, or I’m seeing people that played flawlessly getting on my team in the next game and seemingly forgetting half their skill bars.

The only thing I can gather is that it’s intentional. Also, some of these people won every match yet they’re staying in the same rating for a week.

This could be coincidence, a result of low population, or intentionally staying in the same rating bracket because it’s part of the effort to control who goes where.

Or it could just be coordinated grieving towards me in my matches. Which is fine, if we want to be petty it’s just gold for me and I stopped trying to be on the leaderboards a long time ago. Too much having to switch to something to counter specific builds.

But to deny that this has an impact on anything other than top % players is just willful delusion. Whether I’m trash at the game or not there’s some seriously strange kitten going on in these matches. So glad this season is over and can’t wait to see the probably negligible balance patch preview nerfing the builds I enjoy and leaving broken stuff alone. Lol

I know I could make better decisions and I’m not saying I should be in the top 100, but I was easily staying in the top 250 a couple years ago fighting team USA people regularly. Now I’m stuck in gold 1 and gold 2 getting suspicious matches the same people fighting against the same people, exhibiting the same predicable behavior with games that start out as 100-200 point leads and then suddenly shift to complete blow out losses. I can only assume it’s personal, I’m in the cartel’s alt leveling bracket, or I play at really really bad times. 

I also feel like having played as long as I have my matchmaking is somehow worse versus new players that don’t have as many games played. Aka, get to play in placements on a core account versus gold 1 in a main account. Fun experiment but a little confusing as to why it was drastically different considering I was playing very non meta builds on the core account and seemingly getting much higher quality matches/team coordination.

no biggy. Just gold for me and one title is enough. I just want more fun matches where everyone honestly participates or we aren’t stomped by some high end duo team. 🙃

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

You do understand that exaggeration and hyperbole don't actually help your case, they hurt it. If you just kept it real on this issue, there'd be no debate. "The Boy Who Cried Wintrade" is a cautionary tale.

Wintrading isn't a problem only when aiming for those top spots. It affects everyone that's in gold and above due to the matchmaker having nothing to work with aswell as gold consisting of something like 80% of the active population at any given time. Especially later into the season.

It's really not that uncommon to find people in the top pages when you're in gold 3 and as such it's also not that uncommon to find the wintraders they are trading with and getting your match ruined because of it. It's actually fairly common if you play during off-hours as that is when they have an easier time to link up for the match trade.

No, it's not stopping somebody from climbing gold 3 but that doesn't mean it isn't affecting them aswell and making the climb far harder than it needs to be.

Situations like those tends to create hyperbole but that's every game's forum in existence, and if you can't extrapolate the truth from an argument that's on you not being informed enough on the situation in the first place. Something which, by the way, takes all of 2 minutes to open the leaderboards ingame to check how many new no-names have showed up in the last day or two.

Also, if you think 75% of the top 20 leaderboard being wintraded isn't a massive issue game-wide, I don't know what to tell you honestly. If anything that tells you how little Anet cares about sPvP and how little they care for their game in general if they're willing to allow such a staggering number of cheaters in any game-mode.

I'm sure all the two dozen or so players coming from Steam that are interested in this game's dead pvp scene are going to be simply thrilled at realizing that the vast majority of the top players aren't actually top players but just people wintrading, especially when those wintraders stand around doing nothing in their match at gold 2 because the matchmaker cannot function with this population to begin with.

Edited by Nova.4608
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If Anet isn't going to do anything about this, the least they can do is allow us to call out the people that do it. (With evidence).

Or let us send them tickets with videos/screenshots of it happening so they can do a deeper investigation. 

Balance is at one of the better spots it's been in since pre Feb 2020, and we're going to finally see the end of 300 second cooldowns soon (and hopefully similar looks at other things that were deleted or smiter's booned like amulets and CC skills). 

Add new faces from steam on top of that, and PvP has the potential to make something resembling a comeback, but we gotta start by making sure people are playing fair. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1