Why does WvW have mounts

Krysard.1364

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well to be fair I wouldn't have bought PoF myself (I more or less quit and then bought it for a discount two years after it came out). Guardian main and firm believer that Firebrand was a mistake. I haven't been proven wrong.

Add 5 squares they call maps and we killed a god while and did what he wanted to do anyways.... yea.

Definitely the worst expansion.

Btw praise Joko.

I only bought it for scourge and mirage, and If I'd known they would stoop so low in balancing to one dodge mirage I never would have. I still play HoT specs more than PoF ones. Haven't bought EoD and probably never will, not until they treat wvw properly like the end game mode it is, stop over nerfing mesmers, and stop biased class/boon spam balancing, so basically never.

• Thanks 1

Ok emmm 2 things.

1. if youre in a zerg your companions warclaw gives you a buff of speed, you need to be carefull of enemies getting you on combat but they can also dismount and kill someone being left behind on a warclaw sooooo theres nothing to cry about there.

2 if youre roaming alone, wich is fair, you should be using a build that is self reliant on a fight and also one that can take care of a warclaw following you, its not that you want or not, its just that thieves, willbenders, mesmers, rangers and warriors exist, and all of them can easily outrun a warclaw.

You cant kill a zerg of 30 people alone, you need to run, and if you cant escape from a warclaw you cant escape from a swiftness superspeed zerg, and not even talk about a thief.

Just now, Xenesis.6389 said:

I only bought it for scourge and mirage, and If I'd known they would stoop so low in balancing to one dodge mirage I never would have. I still play HoT specs more than PoF ones. Haven't bought EoD and probably never will, not until they treat wvw properly like the end game mode it is, stop over nerfing mesmers, and stop biased class/boon spam balancing, so basically never.

mesmers arent that bad in roaming, and i personaly like virtuoso, the new mesmer, in zergs, theres also a chrono build out there that looks good with grav and suport, maybe mesmer needs some changes, but i dont see it as dead or bad.

12 minutes ago, zaswer.5246 said:

mesmers arent that bad in roaming, and i personaly like virtuoso, the new mesmer, in zergs, theres also a chrono build out there that looks good with grav and suport, maybe mesmer needs some changes, but i dont see it as dead or bad.

I run chrono interrupt/strip build for zergs and small groups and sometimes I roam with it. Mirage is dead after the one dodge, it was a terribad change, you get to rely on like one condi spam signet build for roaming. They killed chronos when they took away their personal shatter then a year later they realize that was bad and put it back in at the cost of distortion shatter, not to mention killing it's support, meanwhile they're a-ok for firebrands and scrappers to spam support all day long. Now the latest half baked alacrity changes for their useless wells /slowclap No, sorry, you can't convince me that anet treated this class fairly without bias, and the guy who did the one dodge is now in charge of balancing, gg.

p2w = putting more and more money into a game will net you more and more power.

For example a system where you can buy currency. With this currency you can upgrade your weapons further and further to make them more powerful to gain the extra edge on other people.

while you can buy gold in gw2.... this gold will only benefit you up until a certain point. For example: You can have full leggy equipment for 20k gold.... and can still loose to a guy with 50 gold exotic gear. Even when putting in 200 € or $, you can still loose to someone that has not spend a lousy penny.  (compare it to old Archeage which is the pinnacle of p2w: someone that has spend 1000$ to upgrade his gear can literally kill 20 people alone.)

b2p= pay money to unlock certain content.  <----- THIS! is gw2. You pay to acces the expansion content.

The confusion that alot of people have in the gw2 = p2w discussion is, that the expansion content is superior to the vanilla content. But that doesnt make it p2w, that makes it Buy 2 Play.

conclusion: gw2 is not p2w.... it is b2p with kitten balancing and very little way to play the game effectively without spending the few bucks on the expansions (atleast PoF for mounts).

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

p2w = putting more and more money into a game will net you more and more power.

For example a system where you can buy currency. With this currency you can upgrade your weapons further and further to make them more powerful to gain the extra edge on other people.

while you can buy gold in gw2.... this gold will only benefit you up until a certain point. For example: You can have full leggy equipment for 20k gold.... and can still loose to a guy with 50 gold exotic gear. Even when putting in 200 € or $, you can still loose to someone that has not spend a lousy penny.  (compare it to old Archeage which is the pinnacle of p2w: someone that has spend 1000$ to upgrade his gear can literally kill 20 people alone.)

b2p= pay money to unlock certain content.  <----- THIS! is gw2. You pay to acces the expansion content.

The confusion begins, because the expansion content is superior to the vanilla content.

conclusion: gw2 is not p2w.... it is b2p with kitten balancing and very little way to play the game effectively without spending the few bucks on the expansions (atleast PoF for mounts).

and when they intentionally release new specs that roflstomp old specs that were "mysteriously" dumpster nerfed months prior after having been left unaddressed for years?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Justine.6351 said:

and when they intentionally release new specs that roflstomp old specs that were "mysteriously" dumpster nerfed months prior after having been left unaddressed for years?

Buy 2 play with kitten balancing.

gotta ask yourself: will i get more and more powerful if i put in more money? or do i have to pay them a certain ammount of money to access all the content?

Even if this content is more powerful, you cant buy EoD 5 times and suddenly kill people in a 20v1.

Thats the difference.

It is Buy 2 play at its finest.

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Buy 2 play with kitten balancing.

gotta ask yourself: will i get more and more powerful if i put in more money? or do i have to pay them a certain ammount of money to access all the content?

Even if this content is more powerful, you cant buy EoD 5 times and suddenly kill people in a 20v1.

Thats the difference.

It is Buy 2 play at its finest.

no, just 1 v 4...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, Svarty.8019 said:

Speak for yourself

I do.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, kash.9213 said:

I know nobody who said, "This mode could really use mounts".

hehe, sometimes I forget how powerful and influential I am with ArenaNet that I completely forget that they added mounts to WvW exclusively because of me 🙃

10 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

Ok emmm 2 things.

1. if youre in a zerg your companions warclaw gives you a buff of speed, you need to be carefull of enemies getting you on combat but they can also dismount and kill someone being left behind on a warclaw sooooo theres nothing to cry about there.

2 if youre roaming alone, wich is fair, you should be using a build that is self reliant on a fight and also one that can take care of a warclaw following you, its not that you want or not, its just that thieves, willbenders, mesmers, rangers and warriors exist, and all of them can easily outrun a warclaw.

You cant kill a zerg of 30 people alone, you need to run, and if you cant escape from a warclaw you cant escape from a swiftness superspeed zerg, and not even talk about a thief.

That's nonsense. Warclaw moves faster than a player with 100% superspeed uptime (and how realisticis that?), before even factoring in it's movement ability. There are very few if any builds that can outrun warclaws while in combat and it it always requires heavy cd investment, while still having to deal with potential soft and hard cc. Usually (lengthy) stealth is the only way to get away. Which limits build viability for solo roaming drastically.

And even if you manage to get out of combat and can mount up yourself, that means the fight is over. You can't kite and try to separate grps of players anymore, because the slow ones will always be able to catch up within seconds and jump right on top of you without having to invest any cds and without having to worry about counter pressure.

The mount has been detrimental for small scale (and arguably WvW as whole), there's no way arround.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907

On 9/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, kash.9213 said:

There has to be mounts or some mode to cut out the dead space and dead time.

Yeah I don't think so. What dead space/time are you talking about? Just walking from fight to fight? How long does it take to cross the map from south to north just walking without any movement modifiers? Are people so impatient that they cannot stand a little inaction?

32 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

It would be cool if anet just removed the warclaw dodge in wvw it would solve a lot of things 👍👌

No it wouldn't, that would just fix part of the problem. The main issue with Mounts is that it lets people engage in a fight very quickly regardless of how much mobility their build has.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

10 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Ugh. They reinvent mesmer like every other patch.

I remember logging onto chrono after it was a while and was like "wtf are these skills!" and "why is split f4 now??

I knew that once Firebrand came out, I would be stuck supporting in any group environment and yea.... I was a Rev main for 2 years lel. The rest is nonsense and came out as predicted and now we have this kitten where even small groups run full comp.

EoD specs are kinda fun, though sadly most are not suitable for large fights. And the PvE is actually not bad. I didn't do most of it still but the metas were good and unlike PoF I wasn't going from Point A to B with my eyes closed because there are 0 threats. At least in HoT you'd get kitten on pretty fast.

The game is great.... unless you're a non-boonball WvWer lol.  I do not think Anet has much contact with those types of players unfortunately. They do interact with some guilds though but it is skewed.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

Ok emmm 2 things.

First of all superspeed is not as fast as warclaws, secondly you could escape a zerg if your build is fast enough if you can outrun the slow people. But when you try to outrun a large zerg like that all the slow players who didn't bother to run mobility skills leap frog using the warclaw which lets them get the benefits of mobility without paying the cost. Mounts favor slow builds unfairly, which is why they are bad.

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I didn't do most of it still but the metas were good and unlike PoF I wasn't going from Point A to B with my eyes closed because there are 0 threats. At least in HoT you'd get kitten on pretty fast.

LoL pretty sure I remember people complaining about mobs aggroing from long distances when PoF first released, maybe they toned it down.

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I do not think Anet has much contact with those types of players unfortunately. They do interact with some guilds though but it is skewed.

Yes, the game has been skewed so much into their favor, but can't say much beyond that cause I'm sure someone would get offended. Not even looking forward to next balance patch which is wvw/pvp focused. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

First of all superspeed is not as fast as warclaws, secondly you could escape a zerg if your build is fast enough if you can outrun the slow people. But when you try to outrun a large zerg like that all the slow players who didn't bother to run mobility skills leap frog using the warclaw which lets them get the benefits of mobility without paying the cost. Mounts favor slow builds unfairly, which is why they are bad.

mmm first of all warclaws arent that fast, maybe faster than superspeed but any fast class with swiftness and superspeed is faster than warclaw if not take a thief or things like that and try i vote for the thief wining.

second, slow builds have allwais existed and are mostly used in zerg fights, but thats not the thing, if you play alone, with thiefs and mesmers roaming around, you need movility having warclaw or not, and every good roaming build has good movility and escape routes, be it mesmers, thiefs, willbenders, warriors have their own dashes, necros have wurm and speed, engis have escape routes too but maybe not too many, what i mean is every class can escape running if you learn how, also warclaws can dismount each other, so even with warclaws they can reach you.

also in a roaming build you are self reliant, be it more movility and being squeasy or more durability and fighting head on.

and in zergs you have your conpanions and their warclaws giving you buffs to run more.

Yes warclaws are great, and a huge improvement, but thats one thing and another is saying its pay to win and that it is a balance problem, sry but i dont agree there, you can play wvw perfectly without the warclaw, just its much more bothersome and you lack its comodities.

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

LoL pretty sure I remember people complaining about mobs aggroing from long distances when PoF first released, maybe they toned it down.

Yes, the game has been skewed so much into their favor, but can't say much beyond that cause I'm sure someone would get offended. Not even looking forward to next balance patch which is wvw/pvp focused. 🤷‍♂️

think that blobs arent realy a huge anet problem.

the problem with blobs is that they play it well and suports are good enought to sustain dmg dealt in a disorderly maner, to explain further, if you see a blob youll see a lot of roaming players circling them triing to deal dmg, but with uncoordinated dmg, the random 5 target cap, and suports healing and protecting the only way to break a blob is with a coordinated attack that strips boons and condenses dmg in a little time frame so heals cant do enought sustain, thus we end in a blob vs blob fight.

As for smaller scuads a good group of 8 roamers can easily peck at them and break them apart if the scuad isnt that good and the roamers are good enought.

Now how would you solve it? nerf the suports? yeah but then youll have a scuad of 50 all of them having trained and made efforts to stack, and coordinate, being defeated by 30 guys that are just runing around hitting like madmans.

wvw needs reworks, of course, maybe giving roamers better defined roles, or making fortress defenses work in a way that random roamers can more easily gain time or coordinate, while making scuads maybe loose protections or something when certain time has gone by, something like, a blob is immortal but if those 20 randoms can win enought time they start breaking apart by something without the need of an ally zerg being there, maybe npc reinforcements or smth, thet would put pressure on the blob but not make them useless and at the same time give roamers jobs that can be interesting and good, not everything needs to be class balance, this game needs some mecanics reworks too and it can do it

12 minutes ago, zaswer.5246 said:

think that blobs arent realy a huge anet problem.

Of course it's not, they only run around with fight groups feeding off those blobs.

I'm not going to argue over boons again, more boon spam coming next patch, the counters will probably be nerfed again. The boon war is over, anet won, the fight guilds won, the random lemmings get to feel more hopeless and forced into those groups and forced to play their way. Long live the spam.