Charr furr colours  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Charr furr

• All hair dye colours converted to furr colours
    • Pink
    • Any other colour suggests
    • I like roosters

26 minutes ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Pass. Would love more Charr customization but would like a more grounded approach.

Already sucks that most Charr exclusive hair styles look completely dumb and out of character.

Some of them are used by Metal Legion who have been widely praised by the fanbase, though. The Charr were always meant to have an industrial/punk rock look to them, because of the way their society is structured, so I don't think its out of character at all.

The only reason they're grounded is because most of them are soldiers. Civilians have been shown to often be as "far out" as possible, especially in super casual situations.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Some of them are used by Metal Legion who have been widely praised by the fanbase, though. The Charr were always meant to have an industrial/punk rock look to them, because of the way their society is structured, so I don't think its out of character at all.

I mean some work well. I like the FF7 hairstyle and some of the more grounded ones.

But common... DBZ hairs... on Charrs?

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The only reason they're grounded is because most of them are soldiers. Civilians have been shown to often be as "far out" as possible, especially in super casual situations.

Can't say i remember a lot of example of that and i've done map exploration a few times. Most "regular" charrs (farmers vendors scrappers etc) are as grounded as the rest. Ofc Metal Legion members are different cause well... they're performers.

You don't see a lot of everday joes looking like KISS IRL either.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Pass. Would love more Charr customization but would like a more grounded approach.

Already sucks that most Charr exclusive hair styles look completely dumb and out of character.

Well, i love my spiky mane with magenta frosted tips but that's where i draw the line. 
Hair is one thing but the entire pink fur or any non "realistic" dye for the entire character is a bit overkill.

At that point, i want magenta humans and lime green norn as well as bright orange asura.

Sylvari already have those colors so... 😛

The entire game is already in color overload, bright colored people running around everywhere with 100 infusions but also having skins be non standard would be overkill.

49 minutes ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

I mean some work well. I like the FF7 hairstyle and some of the more grounded ones.

But common... DBZ hairs... on Charrs?

Comically oversized mustache on Norn?

A bit of humor is fine.

What OP suggests though would turn the game into a circus.

• Like 1

Well, if you pair a Polyluminescent Undulating Refractor with a Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion, you will change your character's skin/fur color, but not their armor color. (the armor will have a colored outline, but won't be tinted by the refractor.  Be sure to equip the item slotted with the reverberating infusion after the equip slotted with the refractor so that the effects stack properly. (you may need to do this each time you change maps, though sometimes you get lucky.)
You can be bright green, orange, teal, or a dark silhouette. while wearing armor that has a purple, red, or grey outline.

• Like 1

I do agree that a, fur bearing, sapient creature should be able to dye their fur.  It makes even more sense if that species no longer takes tongue baths to groom itself.
Sylvari get to be any color because plant.
I could see charr as any color because dye.

If the greatest argument against Charr fur dye is the possibility of particularly eye watering colors, just limit the Charr color pallet to the Sylvari pallet

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

lol I talk about two slotted items with similar names, and I get no confused emoji, but then I state my opinions on fur color and people are confused

1: people can read

2: the confused emojis are actually this forum's version of downvotes. No one was confused by what you said, they just didn't like it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not interested in making a pink charr, but if humans can dye their hair, charrs should be able to dye their fur 😛

Actually, I think it would be better if more fur patterns were available, and the funky dyes could be applied to the patterns only, but not the base fur. This would be similar to a human covering themselves with tattoos, rather than replacing their skin with ink.

• Like 3

I'd be totally fine with the full dye set, but would personally prefer they go with a slightly smaller palette that is a little bit more grounded (while still giving people freedom in the context of the christmas lights show Tyria has become).

That said, I'd also like to go super controversial and suggest the same thing of Asura.  The greys and an optional hint of green is really limiting 😞 

I'd lock all of this behind makeover kits just to keep it a little bit rare.

• Confused 1