war cope dead in 1hr30 mins

felix.2386

lul

core war still bad

berserker still bad

spellbreaker same but better

bladesworn still war best build, also DT still gives stability which is quite funny, still war's best build even without the stab

again, you want warrior fixed, gotta fix the skills, trait barely matter

defense doesnt matter, evade from strength and tactic > -% damage strength and defense

and defense has 0 damage, tactic does damage

power berserker damage down bad(removal of berserk damage and berserker power proc), sustain barely any increase

core burst skills are garbage, doesn't help anything basicallly

specially if holo and daredevil coming back to the meta with blind spam

holo still wrecks average warrior builds, and taking defense resist on dodge = damage down bad, holo still wins by trading skills

what facinates me is the fact that giving quickness and stab on interrupt, two of the strongest boons, these weapons like hammer and mace can still be so bad

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

After many hours playing the game u no need too much testing to tell. Warrior changes were just the first step into updating this class. Hammer still has 2 skills that do 0 dmg and the f1 barely does 65% of what it was doing in the past. 

I didn't say that it was made perfect or that further testing would make it perfect, but knee jerk reactions are hardly the most objective ones.

Warrior still needs a lot work, was saying this before the update even landed, so hopefully with feedback from this patch we see more done to it in November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

From reading the notes, it looks like power berserker really took a big hit in this one. Why on earth should the "Warrior" class in power berserker do so much less damage? Is it perhaps a neat way to sell EoD packs so people can play Bladesworn in order to do some decent damage with their warriors?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

hey

dont speedrun cope I'm not home yet.

wdf felix

oh man u gonna be so disappointed when u go home

literally every class that got buffed, got buffed more then warrior, with less patch notes

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

literally every class that got buffed, got buffed more then warrior, with less patch notes

I knew it and people were saying warrior got huge buffs and were excited about defence. its ok but not much better. warrior needs his skills numbers go way up in both comp modes

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

lul

core war still bad

berserker still bad

spellbreaker same but better

bladesworn still war best build, also DT still gives stability which is quite funny, still war's best build even without the stab

again, you want warrior fixed, gotta fix the skills, trait barely matter

defense doesnt matter, evade from strength and tactic > -% damage strength and defense

and defense has 0 damage, tactic does damage

power berserker damage down bad(removal of berserk damage and berserker power proc), sustain barely any increase

core burst skills are garbage, doesn't help anything basicallly

specially if holo and daredevil coming back to the meta with blind spam

holo still wrecks average warrior builds, and taking defense resist on dodge = damage down bad, holo still wins by trading skills

what facinates me is the fact that giving quickness and stab on interrupt, two of the strongest boons, these weapons like hammer and mace can still be so bad

are you crazy? Do you not realize how strong berserker is right now?
Strength: down/mid/x (using mid at the moment but can go up)
Defense: down/up/up
berserker: up/up/up
Mending/berserker stance/balanced stance/endure pain/headbutt

Greatsword
axe/shield whatever you prefer in offhand depending on zerging or roaming - can be longbow/sword-axe etc.

extremely high uptime on invul/resistance/5x condi clear every 16 seconds/high adrenaline gain/ near perma weakness on enemy, massive damage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Strider.7849 said:

are you crazy? Do you not realize how strong berserker is right now?
Strength: down/mid/x (using mid at the moment but can go up)
Defense: down/up/up
berserker: up/up/up
Mending/berserker stance/balanced stance/endure pain/headbutt

Greatsword
axe/shield whatever you prefer in offhand depending on zerging or roaming - can be longbow/sword-axe etc.

extremely high uptime on invul/resistance/5x condi clear every 16 seconds/high adrenaline gain/ near perma weakness on enemy, massive damage.

still wreck you on either spellbreaker or bladesworn

the moment you dont take discipline for berserker is the moment i know your playing field isn't high at all, in fact very low

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 4:37 PM, felix.2386 said:

On 10/19/2022 at 12:44 PM, felix.2386 said:

Where's all the cope now?

I was not disappointed for like two whole days then I realized that

* They removed all the sustain from warrior builds that weren't bladesworn by reworking Rousing Resilience, Dead or Alive, Defy pain (since the only elite that breaks stun is headbutt and defy pain only procs when it completes) and shield master, but left Vigorous shouts alone so Bladesworn shout builds persist.

* At the same time of providing the stability and quickness traits (which were objectively useful), they also reduced specifically power berserker's damage output by:

1. changing Bloody Roar (quietly, it's nerfed further than the tooltip implies)
  2. Making Berserk a rage skill (which only has interactions with condi berserker traitwise), instead of the old Berserk which was objectively easier to land
  3. ), Requiring that a T3 burst hit for them to get max stacks of Berserker's power.
  4. ) Nerfing whirling axe for some reason.

I mean, it can't be helped I suppose. They tried, it looked good on paper, but I can't help but be demotivated when specifically the variant of berserker I have been trying to make work gets made more difficult to play under the guise of buffs, over and over. Good effort, but being too scared of warriors doing damage led them to make it do less overall on power berserker. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

I only needed to read the patch once to know how bad it was, I'm amazed how many suckers fell for such crap… at least they were less than with the patch that reduced all damage, at this point axe 1 damage in mvm should be almost double damage… so absurdly broken is the game that an AA requires double damage to justify the weapon set and other things, and not even mention the other weapons, its just ridiculous that anet is still so incompetent and unable to do a really decent balance patch  ask them to solve the errors.

At least one of the balance team comes and say something about it, because they are not good at doing things at all, at least making excuses works for them.

By the way, the banners were forgotten again, great anet…

Translated from:

Solo necesité leer el parche una vez para saber lo malo que era, me sorprende la cantidad de incautos que cayeron con tal basura… al menos fueron menos que con el parche que redujo todos los daños, en este punto el daño del 1 del hacha en mvm debería tener casi el doble de daño, el doble… tan absurdamente roto está el juego que un AA requiera el doble de daño para justificar el set del arma y demás cosas, y ya ni mencionar las otras armas, es simplemente ridículo que anet siga tan incompetente e incapaz de hacer un parche de equilibrio realmente decente y demás, pedir que solucionen los errores.
Mínimo que uno del equipo de balance venga y diga algo al respecto, porque eso de hacer las cosas no se les kitten bien en lo absoluto, al menos dar escusas les funciona.
Por cierto, los estandartes fueron olvidados de nuevo, grande anet…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Who's coping?...

A lot of us have been realistic with respect to warrior with neither doomerism nor cheerleading. The recent warrior changes, though obviously not enough, are objectively better than what we've had before because it brings actual results.

Number one, returning players. When you got MORE warriors than before the update, you did something right. There's no spinning that.

Number two, return of hammer builds. Trait changes made it possible to wield hammer reliably again. Core warrior synergizes nicely with the new traits in str and def.

Let me address the holosmith point. If you have trouble against holosmith, BOY ARE YOU GOING TO LOVE MECHANIST. You're going to come and poo-poo on these forums even harder.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

A lot of us have been realistic with respect to warrior with neither doomerism nor cheerleading. The recent warrior changes, though obviously not enough, are objectively better than what we've had before because it brings actual results.

Of course because they weren't the ones who nerfed everything about the warrior, leaving practically fundamental traits in 300s, taking away the CC damage and other things, don't fool yourself, they're just trying to solve the mess they made, nothing else and even if they're not capable of realize how serious it is.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@Shinja.3451 most of the Oct 4 changes (the ones that aren't bugged) were very good and very impactful, at the very least I think Last Stand was the only truly useless thing in there. warrior's just in a very sorry state, it desperately need its damage back.

we're on the right track, but we really need a follow through. 🙏

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

Im finally playing my warrior again and enjoy it. I see more in wvw and pvp now so that’s a good thing. I think some will go back to to their main of course. War still needs some love but it overall was good. Just because they didn’t do what some folks personally believe doesn’t mean it was a bad patch. Plz buff rifle. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

Im finally playing my warrior again and enjoy it. I see more in wvw and pvp now so that’s a good thing. I think some will go back to to their main of course. War still needs some love but it overall was good. Just because they didn’t do what some folks personally believe doesn’t mean it was a bad patch. Plz buff rifle. 

There ya have it, folks. captrowdy.9561 driving my point home for me.

• Confused 1

I mean the patch was pretty decent also i found some pretty good Power zerker builds. Only sad thing is that the build comb is actually buggy so it works worse than it should do. Just give it a try and you might see what i mean: 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEd7lJwWYJsQmJeqXetbA-zZILlGjgMLgSDheTAZHAA

The things that are buggy on this builld are:

Stalwart Strength: doesnt proc stability when you cc an enemy with headbutt

Eternal Champion: doesnt proc stabi when braking a stun out of zerk mode

34 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

I mean the patch was pretty decent also i found some pretty good Power zerker builds. Only sad thing is that the build comb is actually buggy so it works worse than it should do. Just give it a try and you might see what i mean: 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEd7lJwWYJsQmJeqXetbA-zZILlGjgMLgSDheTAZHAA

The things that are buggy on this builld are:

Stalwart Strength: doesnt proc stability when you cc an enemy with headbutt

Eternal Champion: doesnt proc stabi when braking a stun out of zerk mode

Actually I tested it and Headbutt with Stalwart Strength dies this:

Headbutt no longer strips self-stab so it haa to connect to count as a self-stun CC. What Stalwart does is to grant stab the moment you CC the enemy. Thing is the self-stun happens exactly at the same time and it consumes the Stalwart stack the moment it connects, making you immune to the Headbutt self-stun as it always consumes the stack of stability gained from landing it. 

• Like 1

the flaming flurry change didn't help very much lol it still struggles to hit moving targets. it went from like 5% accuracy to 10% accuracy unless they're running directly away from you

how come nobody else has to deal with such poor projectile connection as longbow/flaming flurry?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1