Wishlist for the November balance patch

crosknight.3041

I would also like to see catalyst get support stab on auras and maybe give tempest on protection apply support (or just make tempest protection give the +7% stronger effect for just your gourp kind of like an class only passive).

I would also like to see in wvw Transcendent Tempest become 15 sec duration like pve but still only +7% BUT to all. I think in pve it should be +15% to all not just dmg.

56 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I would also like to see catalyst get support stab on auras and maybe give tempest on protection apply support (or just make tempest protection give the +7% stronger effect for just your gourp kind of like an class only passive).

I would also like to see in wvw Transcendent Tempest become 15 sec duration like pve but still only +7% BUT to all. I think in pve it should be +15% to all not just dmg.

Transcendent tempest is actually 7 seconds in PvE (and its intended length according Anet). 

I agree that a buff on staunch aura's to make it group support (maybe excluding sPvP) would be amazing!

• Like 1

Reward Weavers for Weaving! 

Allow weaver to bring dps and boons to the table. A weaver should be able to inspire and empower their allies with the elements they flow through. Allow us to bring alacrity, regeneation, protection, and might to the table (as an example) by weaving through different elements. 

I think this could be done by weaving through 3 elements in 10 seconds. The boons would distributed based on the last three elements. If you hit the same element twice in that rotation then you generate double stacks of the boon associated with that element.

This should have a 5 second cool down. That way when we use our ultimate, weave self, we can get an added utility benefit out of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, DirtyDan.4759 said:

What's the point? Did you see the size of that hitbox? Ignoring the fact you have to be able to get meteor shower off? The lack of survivability? The amount of skills you have to press... and for what? 

Just play Mech, Anets golden design. Spam 25, hit grenade, spam 25. No love for Eles. 
This should be dealing 45k damage. 

Brilliant game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just.... buff... sword...

On a serious note, there is more to it. I would like anet to balance elites based on the cryteria of utility/dps. More utility - less dps, and less utility - more dps. Catalyst desperatly needs to have some sort of a delay before reactivating spheres on hammer 3. This thing makes me want to kill myself sometimes cause it doubletaps automatically most of the time. Tempest could use some QoL on providing alac, like pulsing instead of a full duration on OL end. Weaver... dmg... plz... it needs dmg, especially on the sword, both condi and power. Sword is the only true melee weapon on ele, with long animation locks and yet it has lowest dps out of all of weaps. And for the gods sake DONT BUFF auto attacks. Its pointless, we dont need an engie 2.0 treatment here. Buff #2,3 skills and double attunement skills. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish Elementalist attunements were similar to signets.

When Fire attunement is off cooldown you get +10% strike damage, +10% condition damage.
When Water attunement is off cooldown you get +10% outgoing healing, +10% health.
When Air attunement is off cooldown you get +10% critical chance, +10% critical damage.
When Earth attunement is off cooldown you get -10% incoming strike damage, -10% incoming condition damage.
When all attunements are off cooldown, you get +10% boon duration, +10% condition duration, and your current attunement weapon skills get -20% recharge time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

I wish Elementalist attunements were similar to signets.

When Fire attunement is off cooldown you get +10% strike damage, +10% condition damage.
When Water attunement is off cooldown you get +10% outgoing healing, +10% health.
When Air attunement is off cooldown you get +10% critical chance, +10% critical damage.
When Earth attunement is off cooldown you get -10% incoming strike damage, -10% incoming condition damage.
When all attunements are off cooldown, you get +10% boon duration, +10% condition duration, and your current attunement weapon skills get -20% recharge time.

This is just weird tbh. It sort of forces elementalists to not attunement swap at all to gain the Boons, most attunements lack enough skills to properly sustain a dps rotation and with these changes whenever you do need switch for f.e. healing or CC you'll lose enormous amount of dps. 

Also the buffs you adressed are relevant when your using the specific attunement. Adding condi dmge on fire f.e. doesn't really make any sense since 75% of your condi dmge usually comes from burning/fire. Same goes for water&healing.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

This is just weird tbh. It sort of forces elementalists to not attunement swap at all to gain the Boons, most attunements lack enough skills to properly sustain a dps rotation and with these changes whenever you do need switch for f.e. healing or CC you'll lose enormous amount of dps. 

Also the buffs you adressed are relevant when your using the specific attunement. Adding condi dmge on fire f.e. doesn't really make any sense since 75% of your condi dmge usually comes from burning/fire. Same goes for water&healing.  

It doesn't forces you to anything. You decide if you want to swap or not. It's dumb to force everyone to constantly swap to not be trash.

• Confused 4

Quickalyst got nuked from orbit with the Jade sphere nerf on top of the -10% damage nerf.

It doesn't help that quickness uptime is very tight due to you needing to complete one full loop of your rotation before you can refresh it, so it needs higher boon duration values to upkeep it reliably. 

It's cumbersome. Low DPS. Extremely inflexible with it's utility slots. Has abysmal CC. Trolls self on some fights thanks to the knockback (Do not play cata on twin largos). 

It did not deserve the level of nerfs it got. It needs a lot of work come november. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Too many to list them all. These are some of the bigger ones I would like to see though.

A better way to apply alacrity then finishing an overload, it's so clunky and not fun. Have to be in an attunement for 6sec before even being able to overload then spend 4sec overloading, for 7sec base alac. My idea would be make it so every time you give yourself an aura you give alac in an area around you. Makes it more versatile, for both support and dps, with weapon skills, shouts, and still can work with overloads. As long as the base duration is good enough that you wouldn't need to spam all of those at once that is.

A few things for catalyst, mainly get rid of energy for the sphere or make it much easier to get on all weapons. It just doesn't feel needed with cooldowns and is just annoying to deal though. Get the -10% reduced damage off of Spectacular Sphere, it's already enough that you lose out on damage traits to get quickness. No other class has just a straight up -10% damage in order to provide quickness. Make Empowered Empowerment just increase Elemental Empowerment effectiveness by 100% all the time and not just at 10 stacks, it would raise the floor without raising the ceiling like Anet keeps saying they want to do. Make the orb on hammer 3 no longer a projectile that can be blocked and destroyed, make it pulse it's damage like Astral Wisp is now. Would probably make it easier to balance too since you wouldn't have to worry about multi hits in bosses.

There are definitely more that I can think of but these are some of the bigger ones I'm hoping for.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joswi.2635 said:

Too many to list them all. These are some of the bigger ones I would like to see though.

A better way to apply alacrity then finishing an overload, it's so clunky and not fun. Have to be in an attunement for 6sec before even being able to overload then spend 4sec overloading, for 7sec base alac. My idea would be make it so every time you give yourself an aura you give alac in an area around you. Makes it more versatile, for both support and dps, with weapon skills, shouts, and still can work with overloads. As long as the base duration is good enough that you wouldn't need to spam all of those at once that is.

A few things for catalyst, mainly get rid of energy for the sphere or make it much easier to get on all weapons. It just doesn't feel needed with cooldowns and is just annoying to deal though. Get the -10% reduced damage off of Spectacular Sphere, it's already enough that you lose out on damage traits to get quickness. No other class has just a straight up -10% damage in order to provide quickness. Make Empowered Empowerment just increase Elemental Empowerment effectiveness by 100% all the time and not just at 10 stacks, it would raise the floor without raising the ceiling like Anet keeps saying they want to do. Make the orb on hammer 3 no longer a projectile that can be blocked and destroyed, make it pulse it's damage like Astral Wisp is now. Would probably make it easier to balance too since you wouldn't have to worry about multi hits in bosses.

There are definitely more that I can think of but these are some of the bigger ones I'm hoping for.

I agree  these are definitely some of the big ones for sure.

• Like 1

Most important (IMO) bolded.

QOL

• Make summons persist after mounting
  • Do... something about weapon skills feeling clunky (scepter is the biggest offender here, followed by dagger autoattacks)

CORE UTILITIES

• Replace Conjures with Engineering Kit-style skills
  • Buff Cantrips (compare Cleansing Fire to Mantra of Lore, or Lightning Flash to Blink)
  • Rework Arcane skills (feels like a good place for defensive utilities)
  • More and easier access to CC in utilities (maybe an Arcane skill)
  • Add a pull skill of some kind - something to help with grouping and controlling trash mobs

TEMPEST

• Make Overloads pulse alacrity, rather than backloading it all
  • Give condi cleanse to Feel The Burn or Flash-Freeze
  • Change the movement of Lightning Orb
  • Make Gale Song give fury rather than prot

WEAVER

• Restore power weaver as a playable DPS
  • Buff sword autoattacks (earth/water for open world especially)

CATALYST

• SolarizedRed's comment earlier has some excellent ideas for Cata. Removing the energy mechanic and decoupling profession mechanics from Hammer seem like no-brainers. I would also like to see quickalyst be playable again.
Edited by zakkles.4158
CE
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, Mauti.3520 said:

Make Air Scepter and Air Staff do....something? Hello? Do their 1-3's even exist???

While I love your list, this is the thing I find most important. There are literally skills that only do one minor thing when you have other classes with skills that can do 10-12 things at once.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

My Wishlist for ele (mainly weaver)

Before I start let me say to any devs who listen to my ideas (if you actually exist) don't add everything I'm about to list that would make ele op and then it would get nerfed into oblivion. Also any readers pls understand that I don't want everything on this list at the same time. Without further ado here it is (Spoilers are for ease of reading) (If you use confused emoji I am going to assume you don't like my list so if you are literally confused pls explain in a reply)

Buffs to sword:

Spoiler

Twin strike (Fire/Water dual attack): add heal, regen, or condi cleanse on strike

Flame Uprising (Fire 2): increase range

Riptide (Water 2): bigger initial heal or small condi cleanse

Shearing edge (Water/Air dual attack): vuln on hit

Call lightning (Air 3rd aa): vuln or weakness

Earthen vortex (Earth 2): grants small amount of barrier

Buffs to dagger (weaver):

Spoiler

Steam Surge (Fire/Water): bigger heal coeff or regen and show aoe of flame trail to player

Ashen Blast (Earth/Fire): evade through enemy and automatically about face

Mud Slide (Earth/Water): Bigger aoe and show aoe to player

Burning speed (Fire 3): show aoe to player

Traits (weaver):

Spoiler

Master's fortitude: switch 'gain increased vitality when wielding a sword' to 'increased vitality when wielding a sword or dagger' add gain barrier when you dual attack.

Swift revenge: add gain weaver's prowess (Weaver's Prowess (swift revenge) increase power and precision instead of condi damage and duration) when you evade an attack (4s)

Bolstered elements: replace barrier on stance with increased stance duration. add Increased barrier from other elementalist traits (increases the barrier from earth's embrace as well)

Ele traits:

Spoiler

Earth: Diamond skin: remove conditions while your health is below (instead of above) the threshold (25%)

Water: Flow like water: add increase heal coeff and regen on evade and block

Skills:

Spoiler

Heal: Ether Renewal: faster cast time

Aquatic Stance: increase personal heal and remove ally heal

Utilities: Twist of fate: lengthen evade time (1 1/3 sec)

Rework: conjure, Arcane blast and wave, 

Lightning flash: add ammo

Glyph of storms: reduce cooldown

Signet of water: cleanse conditions periodically

Thanks for reading.

STAFF:
-increase projectile speed of the autos

-remove the unnecessarily long delay on Water 2 and Earth 2
-make Water 4 a pulsing damage field
-make Air 5 a pulsing damage field and/or actually cc
-make Earth 4 actually cc
-buff Water 2 Air 2 and Earth 2's damage

-revert Lava Font nerfs

-revert Meteor Shower nerfs and/or make the radius smaller so it's not so terrible on small hitboxes

i will literally take any of these options

TEMPEST:

-buff Air Overload, Fire Overload, Earth Overload's damage

-make Fire Overload radius larger

-revert Gale Song change

please anet dps tempest is so garbage

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Nightrise.8937 said:

STAFF:
-increase projectile speed of the autos

-remove the unnecessarily long delay on Water 2 and Earth 2
-make Water 4 a pulsing damage field
-make Air 5 a pulsing damage field and/or actually cc
-make Earth 4 actually cc
-buff Water 2 Air 2 and Earth 2's damage

-revert Lava Font nerfs

-revert Meteor Shower nerfs and/or make the radius smaller so it's not so terrible on small hitboxes

i will literally take any of these options

TEMPEST:

-buff Air Overload, Fire Overload, Earth Overload's damage

-make Fire Overload radius larger

-revert Gale Song change

please anet dps tempest is so garbage

For the delay on water and earth 2, they allow you to set up blast finishers for your next attunement which is useful in certain contexts. The water 4 definitely should be some sorta blizzard that pulses damage and chill. So many skills do far more than just make a circle that chills that it’s quite outdated.

I’m ok with air 5 as is so long as air 3 and 4 are updated/modernized. Both kinda just need replaced as they are the worst of skills when compared to similar skills as air 3 is another slow projectile in staffs kit (and does no damage on top of it) and air 4 is just a joke. There’s a whole host of projectile knock back skill far better than skill 3 and looking at 4 compared to say ranger warhorn 5 is just no contest. At the very least air 4 should additionally send out a lightning ring that either does decent damage or stuns/dazes.

Earth 4 serves a semi similar purpose to air 5 (keeping pve mobs in your damage fields or slowing an advance enemy group in wvw) and I think that’s ok. However I do think transmute earth needs to either have a higher damage ratio or apply bleed stacks depending on if they want staff to be more power or condi focused.

Earth 2 actually hits pretty hard. The problem with earth is the auto attack you use in between is pitiful. Water is similar actually and if water 4 became the damage blizzard above then I think water 2 could stay as is since it’s low cd anyway. Air 2 isn’t great I’ll agree, although being not great is kinda the theme of staff air attunement it seems. Honestly I’ve wanted air 2-4 overhauled for a while but pipe dreams I suppose.

Meteor shower definitely needs something to help warrant the cast time as it’s risky in a lot of new encounters to even try to cast it. Having the damage fall off slower or increasing the minimum damage or bother honestly could be a compromise if they don’t want to totally remove the sledgehammer nerf from the past.

I’m glad condi staff weaver works now. However weaver has been the one to make staff work for a while in the modes it did work because the dual element skills help fill in the gaps that the other bad skills already should have been able to fill. Hopefully staff gets a whole modernization pass as they have made some pretty cool skills (well and catalyst orb but can’t all be winners I guess) which I think shows that they can do much better now with it than they did when the game was released.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:25 PM, Animism.7530 said:

What's the point? Did you see the size of that hitbox? Ignoring the fact you have to be able to get meteor shower off? The lack of survivability? The amount of skills you have to press... and for what? 

Just play Mech, Anets golden design. Spam 25, hit grenade, spam 25. No love for Eles. 

Brilliant game. 

You asked for a reason to not camp fire. I gave you one. That reason is: actually doing damage. You want ele to do 45k damage, you can't even hit 16k if you camp fire.

Edited by DirtyDan.4759

39 minutes ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

You asked for a reason to not camp fire. I gave you one. That reason is: actually doing damage. You want ele to do 45k damage, you can't even hit 16k if you camp fire.

1) That's not me. 

2) When you understand that, my comment has a different context.

3) I made a comparison of inputs to outcome, saying just play Mechanist or otherwise, this should be dealing 45k damage. 

• Confused 1

I've been thinking some more about core Elementalist updates, and I've come up with something for Conjures. While this is a bit late for the November Update, I'd love to see the idea picked up for a future release.
From a design standpoint, I want them to be more than a rebranded kit; Conjures have been a unique skill type since launch and should have something mechanical to set them apart. The changes below would differentiate them from Engineer kits and Firebrand Tomes without being overly complicated, while incentivizing players into using them on a skill bar.

• Conjured weapons no longer have a time limit when wielded by an Elementalist. They now grant their specific conjure bonus when activated and enable weapon swapping to and from the conjured weapon.
    • For example, using Conjure Lightning Hammer would grant the Elementalist the Conjure Lightning Attributes effect and weapon swap them to Lightning Hammer. They could then switch back and forth between their original weapon and Lightning Hammer using the normal weapon swap mechanics.
  • Once activated, the Conjure Weapon skill flips to a new "Release Conjured Weapon" skill, which is a ground targeted spell that removes the conjure effect and creates a temporary bundle on the ground, finally putting the skill on cooldown. Allies can pick up the bundle and use the conjure for 30 seconds, just like current functionality.
  • Only one Conjured weapon can be active on an Elementalist at a time. Activating a new conjured weapon will drop the current one as a bundle and put it on cooldown.

This new functionality would give Elementalists a unique skill type that helps resolve a pain point with the profession: being trapped in a specific range due to your active weapon. It enables weapon swapping in a balanced way that doesn't invalidate the core profession mechanics. Ideally, Elementalists should still be able to swap their attunements freely while the conjured weapon is active. Additionally, it doesn't conflict with any Elite Specialization mechanics; Overloads, Dual Attacks, and Jade Sphere fields aren't invalidated by having a conjured weapon to swap to.
For example, a Weaver using sword/focus can now bring Frost Bow to have a ranged fallback when dealing with things like Phase-Shifted bounties. It also keeps the current functionality of sharing the weapons with allies, but on a temporary basis.

As a final (optional) change, I'd like to see the Conjurer trait's functionality updated. It should still reduce Conjure recharge times, but instead of granting a fire aura, it should grant an aura or boons (based on the conjure skill) when conjuring and/or releasing weapons.

Edited by SolarizedRed.9254
  • Like 1

And make lightning flash like all the others port , while  we have blink and shift signet sitting on 20 and 25 cd , having breakstun , increased range (plus passiv effect for signet) and ele stuck with a 900 range , 35 sec cd , no breakstun teleport ... yeah meta defining i forgot ... my bad.

• Confused 1

On 10/17/2022 at 5:25 AM, Animism.7530 said:

Brilliant game. 

I managed to run something like this in Fractal cms with surprising success. Like all ele builds you rely on strong support in particular stab from a firebrand. 

I will say...definitely don't try this on twin largos, you will regret it.

Which comes down to one of the biggest issues for ele, is that it's far too heavily reliant on others to perform in comparison to most other classes. 

Edited by Serephen.3420