What's up with Vindiactor atm?

20 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Coming from a player who never played Revenant (cough herald cough) until it was busted af because of a random buff.

You can't trust anyone in the meta to be good at anything but manipulating the system from a to z with their opinions anyway.

Naru has played both Herald and Renegade on regular basics for years. He's very good at evaluating the potential of new builds when patches arrive, and the meta Willbender that everyone has been playing for months until the Flowing Resolve's nerf was the one He run.

Of course is not the only player with that kind of influence, since He plays mostly Guardian, Engineer and Necro, and other players specialized in other professions (as Boyce with Ranger or Sindrener with Thief) are equally able to sense which direction the meta is going.

Now the relevant pice of info here is that He's for sure amongst the highest rated players which strems and plays Rev builds, and that He ditches builds as soon as He senses that won't perform well at comformed teams in tournaments. And that are his feelings about Vindi at the moment.

By the way, I'm not asking for buff to Vindi: I already did my test and for me performs worse than Herald or Renegade and don't have any special interest in running power Rev specs in PvP at the moment, so it can lay as it is at the moment as long as ANet wants, or they can nerf if further: I don't care. I'm just saying that I don't think Vindi is going to be on the MAT meta, which is perfectly ok. Is not like has any impact on what I play or in this dead game mode, anyway...

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

It feels that way from the few ones I fought today. It sort of feels like a slightly less bursty herald with dodges for days and decent sustain. Might be just me though.

Yeah, I fought one earlier and had very few windows in between avoiding greatsword 5, evade spamming, and them somehow regenning a ton of health. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

They halved the endurance required for vindi dodge, without adjusting the endurance vindi gets from all those different sources... multi dollar company.

They literally did adjust the amount of endurance it gets from all those sources. There were 2 hotfixes this week to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ok so did Vindicator not get patched?

I'm still hearing a lot of people complaining about actual infinite dodge rolling.

I have not played much in the past couple of days and haven't ran into any good Vindicators.

Is this build fixed or is this still dumb?

It got patched. They can still dodge reasonably often with Energy Sigils. the endurance regen talents in the master tier could probably do with being redesigned to not be about providing more dodges, though. The effect will either feel too slight that it seems like a blank tree, or good and people will complain about it. 

I think the animation being so obvious for the dodge makes people take notice of how often they're dodging vs the more subtle regular roll, though.

Edited by Esufer.8762
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/9/2022 at 8:55 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ok so did Vindicator not get patched?

I'm still hearing a lot of people complaining about actual infinite dodge rolling.

I have not played much in the past couple of days and haven't ran into any good Vindicators.

Is this build fixed or is this still dumb?

No, it got patched, but the spec has literally always been able to do this much evasion. Any good Vindicator could chain blocks and evades for days and with the right build you even had access to your one dodge frequently as well.

Everyone was like "omg it only has one dodge it's too frail I can't play it!" but that's because they're bad and don't actually know how to play the class. Now with two dodges, even nerfed, it's still as strong as it was before, but slightly better because you can choose when you want to evade more often as opposed to being stuck into a 1.6s evade. However, the overall level of survivability hasn't changed much at all and anyone who was playing Vindicator before with one dodge and doing it well can vouch for that. Most people just didn't touch it because of the one dodge, but it was still super evasive before

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

No, it got patched, but the spec has literally always been able to do this much evasion. Any good Vindicator could chain blocks and evades for days and with the right build you even had access to your one dodge frequently as well.

Everyone was like "omg it only has one dodge it's too frail I can't play it!" but that's because they're bad and don't actually know how to play the class. Now with two dodges, even nerfed, it's still as strong as it was before, but slightly better because you can choose when you want to evade more often as opposed to being stuck into a 1.6s evade. However, the overall level of survivability hasn't changed much at all and anyone who was playing Vindicator before with one dodge and doing it well can vouch for that. Most people just didn't touch it because of the one dodge, but it was still super evasive before

Yeah, basically this.

It wasn't bad at all in WvW before. I prefer it now in spvp compared to how it was, though.

Edited by Esufer.8762
  • Thanks 1

Yo, I've been trying to keep my mouth shut for about the past week now, but this is getting old.

Vindicator is still overperforming in gross ways.

Can we get a proper hotfix to this bull**** please?

It's honestly straight up ruining the game right now.

And on a side note, Catalyst is still nearly as broken as Vindicator is. It needs to lose either sustain or damage.

Can't wait to see this MAT's class representation.

1x Tempest, 2x Cata, 2x Vindi - clearly the superior comp choice seeing as how these two classes are performing at saiyan tier, far above other classes right now.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

This is the 3rd time in a couple days I've seen stacks like this in ATs: https://imgur.com/x5wdib9

@Arenanet - Can we please properly fix a large problem for once before it festers and gets worse for the next 2 years?

You already hotfixed it once, can you do one more time and do it properly?

This is a problem. Teams that run Vindi & Ele stacks are impossible to beat if your team doesn't have Vindis & Eles. They aren't sort of OP, they're greatly overperforming vs. other classes right now. The margin of difference between Vindi/Ele efficiency is too far separated from other classes.

This isn't just an issue with the fish rod bug, the class in general is still too strong.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Should really remove the endurance restoration traits from the elite and add more incentive to use the evades for what they should be used for, evades.

Just anything that doesn't say you can evade again and again randomly, Retribution already does a lot for evasion on Revenant generally speaking and that's not overperforming, it's quite clear the elite doesn't need as much because under normal gameplay even Herald can live without Retribution in the first place.

Scrap any design ideas that lives in the old idea of the big evade and shove in more "do this properly so you can get this" instead.

Edited by Shao.7236