Maguuma needs dealt with.

Ashlin.3708

This link is the first time I've been paired with Maguuma.  When facing them, I often speculated how dull it would be to be on their side.  To me at least, roflstomping everything is no better than being roflstomped.

So, today, in Team Chat, at a point when the entirety of EBG except for red/blue spawns are green, I see a player complain, "EBG is so boring."  Oh, the irony.  I assume it was a Mag player because if someone that talkative was on YB, I'd have seen them before now -- and because getting onto EBG was challenging in prime time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ban a server? Where are you going here? Any more details? Did you play their games?

It would be too obvious though. I propose a shadowban instead - every week, magumma is deleted and recreated with the same name so that they are technically on a new world, thus having constant transfer penalty without actually having the transfer penalty visible.

No you may think this sound more complicated than just giving them no pips but lets face it this is the WvW forum. People dont do uncomplicated.

2 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It would be too obvious though. I propose a shadowban instead - every week, magumma is deleted and recreated with the same name so that they are technically on a new world, thus having constant transfer penalty without actually having the transfer penalty visible.

No you may think this sound more complicated than just giving them no pips but lets face it this is the WvW forum. People dont do uncomplicated.

🙂 Yes sir Mr Snarky. I admit, I am not sure if I am having to pay back karma while typing in Mag defense threads or building up so I can have more tasty puppy and kittens in bacon and blackpepper sauce in the next life. 

7 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

This link is the first time I've been paired with Maguuma.  When facing them, I often speculated how dull it would be to be on their side.  To me at least, roflstomping everything is no better than being roflstomped.

So, today, in Team Chat, at a point when the entirety of EBG except for red/blue spawns are green, I see a player complain, "EBG is so boring."  Oh, the irony.  I assume it was a Mag player because if someone that talkative was on YB, I'd have seen them before now -- and because getting onto EBG was challenging in prime time.

It goes both directions.  It's no fun when you login and your side is crushing, or being crushed.  Whatever population algorithm they use, it needs to be tweaked to account for populations that vary during the day.

5 hours ago, jaif.3518 said:

It goes both directions.  It's no fun when you login and your side is crushing, or being crushed.  Whatever population algorithm they use, it needs to be tweaked to account for populations that vary during the day.

TBH, SOS is worse...MAG will at least fight you once they have 2:1 odds, SOS will run away the moment they see you

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jaif.3518 said:

Timezone is not an attribute that they indicated they are tracking, which I agree they will need sooner or later if they are not already working on capturing it. Especially for the WR project, else we will end up with times that are queue packed and then others that are just wastelands for some servers.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:18 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Voicing my support for banning boon ball.

Awful combat, awful to play against.

The match where i am  now its ktrain per timezones as well with no maguma server..  maybe Anet should keep eyes on MAG players and player should keep blaming mag players...

On 11/27/2022 at 4:18 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Voicing my support for banning boon ball.

Awful combat, awful to play against.

The match where i am  now its ktrain per timezones as well with no maguma server..  maybe Anet should keep eyes on MAG players and player should keep blaming mag players...