Reward for the beta test

"During the beta, you’ll be able to select one of the new WvW-exclusive War Machine weapon skins for completing an achievement tied to beta participation. We’ll also be bringing back the Call of War special event. Earn increased WvW rewards including double WvW experience, increased WvW reward track progress, and a bonus to magic find while in WvW."

When ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

yeah, they should have made that clear on the initial announcement, not just on a twitter-post... unless everyone missed where they mentioned that it doesnt start with EU reset...

Was afraid of that when the posts started showing. NA here, so EU wise do the other bonus events start with your reset normally or always start after? NA ours have always started at reset and assumed yours did as well, but umption got us there. 

If they start this hours later ... then it will have to last hours later into the day after the next reset. (So people that mainly play at reset still can finish the achievement.)

In the long term I expect them to make the skins available permanently though. If they restrict them really only to the beta ... then the achievements can't take tooo long. They have to take into account that not everyone wants to play WvW for hours at a forced period of time (that one specifig week with the beta). Expecting it to be just a few kills and objective captures where people run in circles and lose to recap - when everyone wants to get the achievement fast. 😄

Edited by Luthan.5236

i'd like rewards while sitting in queue because of broken queue bugs that still aren't fixed MONTHS later that kick you to the back of the line when your queue pops.😞 and you could base them off what your guild is doing.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kelly.7019 said:

i'd like rewards while sitting in queue because of broken queue bugs that still aren't fixed MONTHS later that kick you to the back of the line when your queue pops.😞 and you could base them off what your guild is doing.

This happens when you are pressing both mouse buttons to move.  I have heard a few other things do as well, but that one is confirmed.  So, if you are running with both mouse buttons, that's what is happening.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Stonemist.4680 said:

We are aware that the Beta Participation Achievements are not working and are looking into it.

hey, nice that name staff,

but it will tell you one thing (just to make you have 2 laughs) I know what you meant when you used that term, I know which building you were thinking about when you said it........ the pyramid, exactly at the tip of the pyramid, everyone knows that it is the first piece that you can throw away, so the stability of the structure will not notice anything.😊

p.s. in my country (Italy) you can often hear people say: be careful and do not trust people who never laugh.

• Confused 14

8 hours ago, Stonemist.4680 said:

We are aware that the Beta Participation Achievements are not working and are looking into it.

Can we please have an extra day or two for the achievements please? (extend them into the normal wvw, and not just the beta, assuming we have 1 week to get them?) I only have time to play during the weekends, and half of it is gone already:( Having more historical AP would be pretty sad

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KingJoko.1625 said:

Can we please have an extra day or two for the achievements please? (extend them into the normal wvw, and not just the beta, assuming we have 1 week to get them?) I only have time to play during the weekends, and half of it is gone already:( Having more historical AP would be pretty sad

I agree, same for the time lost without the call of war in EU, or maybe anet forgot that they have players outside NA 😉

They should know that most WvW action is done on friday and saturday evening

Edited by Colin.4568
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Colin.4568 said:

I agree, same for the time lost without the call of war in EU, or maybe anet forgot that they have players outside NA 😉

They should know that most WvW action is done on friday and saturday evening

Yep:( I mean if they bring back the exact same achievements for the next beta then I don't mind them not extending, but they should do either one of these 2.

Best would be to just add an achivevement for logging in to WvW and staying there for like ... 5 minutes or to. Then it should complete. Done. Not much stuff needed. Technically then you have "participated in the beta". 😄

But yes: The longer it takes for them to enable them ... the more annoying it will get if the time is limited. Depending on how time-consuming the achievements will be. Imagine they want you to do several stuff (one overall meta achievement and a few smaller ones grouped with it) where you actually might have to play on different maps (cap x monuments, cap stonemist) ... which then would include having to queue. (The beta at least seems to have put me in a team where yesterday there have been queues on all maps - I rarely got this with normal linked servers. And that ... 2 hours after reset/prime time. Might change during the week though and the queue progresst fast.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1