I don't understand, why did Reaper Shroud have to get nerfed in PvE?

God.5728

23 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it got nerfed because of jade bot cores.

Almost everybody's survivability got pre-nerfed for EoD to make jade bot cores relevant.  Oh, and to "make content more challenging."

And then they changed it so the bot's offensive and defensive protocol buffs stick with you everywhere in open world.  Which, it's only in open world, okay, fine, whatever.

But then they changed armor repair into a long-lasting HP and armor buff that works everywhere on top of that.

I'm not sure what their thought process is sometimes when it comes to balance.

Edited by Gwynnion.7364
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

is it hard to unlock? And is this thing the reason downed skill #1 is now useless?

You need to unlock the Jade Bot mastery from EoD, which takes a little bit of going through the story, and purchase at least the first tier.  Then it's available to every character on the account.  The cores themselves can either be crafted or purchased on the TP.

It and Rescue Protocol (the top tier of the mastery, which gives you an auto-revive buddy if downed) seem to be the justification for a lot of sustain and survivability nerfs in PVE, along with the Reinforced Armor buff and jade protocol buffs (which require a power core).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gwynnion.7364 said:

You need to unlock the Jade Bot mastery from EoD, which takes a little bit of going through the story, and purchase at least the first tier.  Then it's available to every character on the account.  The cores themselves can either be crafted or purchased on the TP.

It and Rescue Protocol (the top tier of the mastery, which gives you an auto-revive buddy if downed) seem to be the justification for a lot of sustain and survivability nerfs in PVE, along with the Reinforced Armor buff and jade protocol buffs (which require a power core).

To equip the jade bot core, you don't even need EoD, let alone the mastery.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 9:07 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

now you tell me ಠ_ಠ

is the rez skill worth it or should I stop now?

It can be handy.  Jade Bot masteries are deactivated in strikes, fractals, and raids, but it's still handy to be able to get yourself up during combat.  Only frustrating part is that if it's available, you don't have your normal bandage skill for those times you don't need the fast-res and don't want to put the bot on cooldown.  Between the res and the jade bot waypoint, you can be a bit more aggressive in open world encounters and be able to get right back in the action.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lahmia.2193 said:

I'd rather they just remove the 2nd healthbar in pve only, then we can get down to some nice dps buffs. Harbinger was the way to go from the start.

It's all too late for it now, but I think core Necro with it's Shroud - and designing the entire class around it, is the core problem. 

Imo Shroud as concept actually works really well both thematically and mechanically for Reaper in particular (or should I say exclusively) as a melee bruiser - it's problem is largely out of Shroud/the core profession. 

If Necro worked decently stand alone without Shroud, Reaper and Reaper Shroud would be a great concept to layer on top. As for getting rid of Shroud now without a major core Weapon, Trait and Utility redesign, it's not really going to go well - considering Necromancer sacrificed everything mechanically for Corrupts and Shroud only as mechanics.

(Damage absorbing) Shroudless Reaper would probably just end up a worse Holo - and even that has fallen onto hard times. 

I've long wished for them to rework Necromancer from the ground up (even years before Elite specs got layered on top as problems and band-aids), get rid of Core Shroud altogether in favour of comprehensive weapon, Trait and Utility reworks on par with other professions - including mobility, blocks, etc., and replacing the profession mechanic with Fx minion summon/command skills as the core Necromancer experience. Make Reaper the Shroud Bruiser with the tradeoff of losing Utility access in Shroud. Scourge remains fairly intact as concept as Curse Necro inspired caster, and Harbinger is actually fairly close to the mobile DPS and sustain oriented "Wraith/Vampiric" elite spec I long wanted, just with a rotten core and theme - and still the weird locked Utilities in Shroud and the like. 

But with about a 99.99% certainty we are stuck with what we have now, and slight number tweaks is all we can really hope for. 

But even then, Shroud, nerfed or not, imo isn't the problem. All Reaper, and Necro, especially power Necro, needs is proper core weapons. Make Locust Swarm for example something like Whirling Axe or Defense damage wise with a similar CD - rather than all off-hands being sheer utterly useless stat sticks in PvE with Necro feeling like a wet noodle out of Shroud, and the whole Spec already looks a whole lot better. 

If on top of that Unholy Feast and Dark Pact were made proper damage skills in PvE, since their boon rip functionality has drastically less value there compared to PvP, and Reaper as a whole is a lot more well rounded and useable.

• Like 6

Reaper needs an entire Shroud and weapon redesign that adds somewhat around 5k DPS in order to be viable. Reaper Shroud - especially in its current nerfed state - simply doesn't work properly in instanced PvE where you receive continuous damage and thus lose life force. Reaper Shroud should probably just work like Harbinger Shroud in order to work properly in instanced PvE. Reaper also needs a decent boost in accuracy. Having to use Thief runes on an already underperforming build is kinda silly to begin with. Lastly, we need a decent 2nd weapon set. Axe/Warhorn / Axe/Focus are simply too weak and either need a redesign (esp. Offhand) or buff.

• Thanks 2

On 10/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

So you dont roflcopter all over legendary mobs solo

What are you even talking about? To deal damage as reaper you need your shroud, so facetanking is probably not a good idea unless you're planning on to kill mobs with boredom. The shroud % nerf was nonsense and should be reverted 

• Like 1

I don't get it so many classes have insanely broken gimmicks implemented in their specs, machinists got their insanely broken mech, they reverted the slb nerf back on one wolf pack, and gave it back some oftheir dmg, and i know some other classes got it good regardless of the nerfs, but reaper is nerf nerf nerf, and the confusing part we were never any close to being one of the top dpsers, not even in survivability we were optimal, against trash/normal mobs we manage, but mix elite/champions u always go scourge, i dont get it, why is the spec being targeted on so many nerfs when the spec was already bad before, even condi reaper got destroyed, its like, just remove the god danm spec if you hate it so much, god danm.... the worst thing is necromancer specs are still alll very ok but thats it they are just ok, we never have a single spec that overwhelms any others, not saying scourge sucks or doesnt do good but thats it we are always the good class we never have anything to be the best at... freaking ridiculous and tbh depressing how much of a ADASDAS design the whole necro is.... and how many years has it been since reaper was in a good spot, or scourge compared to a lot of the other classes, i know scourge was for a little bit... anet or whoever balances this crap, you re balancing team is WORST then World of WARCRAFTS balancing team, by far, you guys just can't do it.... and yea i am aware my post is somewhat an angry rant because it is, how much time does it take to balance a god danm class, how long do you have to leave underpowered specs to become more underpowered, its freaking ridiculous....

Edited by Hugedeal.5426
  • Like 3