Corrosive Poison Cloud visuals (Necromancer)

SoftFootpaws.9134

This skill is very hard to identify in competitive modes because its just a flat area unlike every other reflect/projectile block skill in the game which are in the shape of domes or walls. The visual effects need to be reworked so its effect is more obvious to enemies in WvW. (This also effects PvP and PvE because allies don't know when Necro projectile block is up and when to stand in it since it appears just like any other area denial skill.)

I suggest lifting the visuals from the Asura racial skill "Radiation Field", which has a very obvious dome effect.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Rater than reworking the visuals and turning it into more particle vomit, I'd rather have Arenanet remove the projectile block from this skill. A flat AoE that applies Poison and Weakness sounds good enough to me.

There's already too much projectile hate in the game anyway, so shaving a bit off that would end up being an improvement for the game.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

55 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Rater than reworking the visuals and turning it into more particle vomit, I'd rather have Arenanet remove the projectile block from this skill. A flat AoE that applies Poison and Weakness sounds good enough to me.

There's already too much projectile hate in the game anyway, so shaving a bit off that would end up being an improvement for the game.

Heh, no.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Play Rangers and Necros. I tell my fellow rangers in WvW that Necros are their priority targets if they have to choose between two targets. That said, No I would not remove the projectile block from this skill. Is there a lot of projectile hate, yes, but this skill isn't one to remove it from. 

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Play Rangers and Necros. I tell my fellow rangers in WvW that Necros are their priority targets if they have to choose between two targets. That said, No I would not remove the projectile block from this skill. Is there a lot of projectile hate, yes, but this skill isn't one to remove it from. 

🤜

8 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Soulbest see field just fine. He just doesn't understand or learn.

Its not an issue of learning, its is about seeing. I mean with that musky scent cloud spinning around us our eyes are watering from it and its hard to see anything really. No matter how many showers we take, meld and then we are back to funk town. I mean we all know that the reason SBs aren't invited to squad even though they are good necro-counters, the proximity to ode de Skunk is a bit much. I don't blame the tag, its on us, no I really mean its on us, yuckers!

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling

On 10/18/2022 at 11:26 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Those condis are cleansed before their icon even registers on your screen.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 5:26 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

Yes plz remove necros only chance of surviving a 1500 pew pew full glass slb while roaming 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Yes plz remove necros only chance of surviving a 1500 pew pew full glass slb while roaming 

I'm not against toning down ranged damage alongside with projectile denial.

I wouldn't mind for every ranged weapon to be on the same level as Warrior's rifle and Revenant's hammer.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 4:16 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This skill is very hard to identify in competitive modes because its just a flat area unlike every other reflect/projectile block skill in the game which are in the shape of domes or walls. The visual effects need to be reworked so its effect is more obvious to enemies in WvW. (This also effects PvP and PvE because allies don't know when Necro projectile block is up and when to stand in it since it appears just like any other area denial skill.)

I suggest lifting the visuals from the Asura racial skill "Radiation Field", which has a very obvious dome effect.

Hard pass! There is already way to much meaningless animation and visual effects in this game. All these visual effects and animation, dont do anything to improve gameplay, all they do is make it harder for ppl who dont have top of line pc's, to enjoy the fights in wvw. Also, i'm so fed up getting lost in a cloud visual extravaganza, when im trying to command and seeing whats going on right indront of me. 

I understand that visual effects are a big part of the pve exp, but us in wvw really dont care about it(imo). We are more concerned with the quality of the gameplay. So no, we dont need even more visual uselessness, clouding up the battlefield. 

Dont understand why we cant get an option that can turn off ALL these over animated skills. 

CPC is fine. Bad Rangers not being aware of what is happening to their arrows is just a L2P issue.

Shield of the Avenger is a worse offender for projectile hate. Traited it is 100% projectile denial uptime and can be placed anywhere. And then you consider that Guardians take WoR instead for 50% uptime of projectile reflection.

Are there problems with too much projectile hate? Sure, but CPC isn't one of the problem skills.

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'm not against toning down ranged damage alongside with projectile denial.

I wouldn't mind for every ranged weapon to be on the same level as Warrior's rifle and Revenant's hammer.

Yes why would you just add some visuals to the only necros anti projectile when you can rework whole game or launch gw3.

I'd really like them to change the visuals with that fat greenish untamed cloud. Playing in squad with an alac untamed that forgot to shower for three full months, covering the entire screen in constant green fog, ain't that much fun 😕

€: ofc that's an issue at instanced content and not so much PvP/WvW related, but it somehow fits

Edited by Nash.2681

A bigger offender is the nearly invisible ele wind dome (Veteran Wizards use it). It blocks projectiles from a wide area but doesn't even have a ground indicator to show where it is--you just have to hope you can see one of the small strands of wind flying around near the outer edge of it.  

CPC is one of only a couple projectile denial skills necro as a whole has (the other being reaper shroud 2, which is basically nonexistent projectile denial), so if your projectiles are being blocked by a necro then anyone who has seen the skill before knows what's going on. If you want to tone down the projectile hate, remove it from the classes like guardian and ele that can spit out projectile hate for days.

Necromancer: Hahaha! You can't shoot any projectiles on me now. *Lands  the Corrossive Poison Cloud*

Me: (In mind: Okay, sorcerer. I can wait for a bit,  try to lure you out from it or touch you by close combat instead.)

Edited by Sylvia.4870