Please remove the limit on Skirmish Claim Tickets.

SinkingLotus.8461

The PvE legendary armor can be obtained in a minimum of 5 weeks for the whole set. Yet in WvW a whole set would take a minimum of 22 weeks for Triumphant Hero, or even worse, 29 weeks for Mistforged. 

All that you'd need to do is either

1. Take the repeated Diamond chests and give them skirmish tickets like the non-repeated Diamond chests.
  2. Have the entire Skirmish Reward Track loop once you finish the Diamond chests. Keeping the Skirmish Claim Tickets.

As it is right now. There are plenty of WvW players that would like to play more, but don't due to how unrewarding it is once you've finished the weekly Skirmish Reward Track. So rather than continue, they stop for the rest of the week until reset due to not being able to earn those tickets.

Not only would doing either of those two things make WvW much more rewarding to play, and more appealing. It would bring more activity to WvW itself. There's a reason each of the WvW maps are so full at the start of reset and the following day or two. 

It isn't difficult to fix or anything either. It could be implemented as a simple hotfix. I just hope that it happens and soon, and not waiting until after the alliance system is fully implemented.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Agree,  Anet should increase the ticket cap, or give more ways to get extra tickets beyond the cap (selling Emblems for example), or distribute the tickets more evenly between the chests, but they should do it in a way that mostly benefits the people that actively play the game mode (atack, defend, scout , repair, etc), afk people that are only in there for the amor should still take the full 22 weeks or more to get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

we were promised (in June I guess) a rework of the reward system which seems impossible to do, because they either lack the creativity or the willpower to do it... for balance patches it was ok for them to just do number tweaks for the last few years but heaven forbid we get a few more rewards in wvw or at least something to do with emblems of the avenger! I guess the game is designed to drive the people away from wvw into pve, where the juicy gold making methods are and where actual hotfixes happen in a few hours, not in... never? can anyone even count the bugs and exploits on the red desert map?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gooddrakkarboi.4870 said:

we were promised (in June I guess) a rework of the reward system which seems impossible to do, because they either lack the creativity or the willpower to do it... for balance patches it was ok for them to just do number tweaks for the last few years but heaven forbid we get a few more rewards in wvw or at least something to do with emblems of the avenger! I guess the game is designed to drive the people away from wvw into pve, where the juicy gold making methods are and where actual hotfixes happen in a few hours, not in... never? can anyone even count the bugs and exploits on the red desert map?

I would look more at the September 2021 update as the roadmap. It was stated that the reward/reason to win review is after the Restructuring logic is rolled out. We are still in phase 1 of 2 of that change. Which is why we are in a beta week. The June update mentioned new weapon skins for participating in the betas and they were working on making it more rewarding to take defended structure but there was no promise to dates there, which is why I would look back to the 21 roadmap for that until stated differently.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-world-restructuring-and-the-future-of-world-vs-world/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-update-june-2022/

Don't get me wrong, I am on the side that WvW is no place to go to get rich, but that's also why each time we have a beta the style of note from July is helpful so players are kept in the loop on what is in it so there is less confusion. An ongoing roadmap or non-comment-able (is that a word) stickied thread here would help. 

People keep constantly forgetting that woody tier need only 25 pips to finish while diamond 55 so it wouldn't be fair to add more tickets into lower tiers. Also please don't add more tickets unless they also add some way to spend them. I am sitting at 43.5k tickets with no way to use them.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, SinkingLotus.8461 said:

The PvE legendary armor can be obtained in a minimum of 5 weeks for the whole set. Yet in WvW a whole set would take a minimum of 22 weeks for Triumphant Hero, or even worse, 29 weeks for Mistforged. 

All that you'd need to do is either

1. Take the repeated Diamond chests and give them skirmish tickets like the non-repeated Diamond chests.
  2. Have the entire Skirmish Reward Track loop once you finish the Diamond chests. Keeping the Skirmish Claim Tickets.

As it is right now. There are plenty of WvW players that would like to play more, but don't due to how unrewarding it is once you've finished the weekly Skirmish Reward Track. So rather than continue, they stop for the rest of the week until reset due to not being able to earn those tickets.

Not only would doing either of those two things make WvW much more rewarding to play, and more appealing. It would bring more activity to WvW itself. There's a reason each of the WvW maps are so full at the start of reset and the following day or two. 

It isn't difficult to fix or anything either. It could be implemented as a simple hotfix. I just hope that it happens and soon, and not waiting until after the alliance system is fully implemented.

This is one of those balance things. We are hit over the head again and again by the dreaded AFK player and bot player. The dreaded AFK player has created a lot of changes that impacted players just playing the game. The time gate was installed,  only in part, due to the same reason originally. Prevent people that are just here for the armor from doing minimum participation to gain the most reward. I agree it prevents people that might be doing the full game mode in the same fashion, but the timegate was also the compromise back in the day when the discussion was whether we could even get Leggo armor from WvW. That was the trade off to not to have us leave WvW to go raid. I will still take that compromise over not having to Raid. Not sure I would adjust the timing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mlatic.8925 said:

People keep constantly forgetting that woody tier need only 25 pips to finish while diamond 55 so it wouldn't be fair to add more tickets into lower tiers. Also please don't add more tickets unless they also add some way to spend them. I am sitting at 43.5k tickets with no way to use them.

The inverse ticket distribution was on purpose to give a hat's off to the vets and people that spend more time in the game mode. So by spending more time as the OP stated they do they would be able to achieve the tickets for the gear faster. It was again to prevent people from doing minimum from getting the max. I agree when you talk about WvW abilities, take Warclaw, I would front load the abilities and it should be diminishing returns on applying points, but for the tickets its again an encouragement for people to rank up by spending more active time in the mode. Wouldn't change that since it encourages active play.

1 hour ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Agree,  Anet should increase the ticket cap, or give more ways to get extra tickets beyond the cap (selling Emblems for example), or distribute the tickets more evenly between the chests, but they should do it in a way that mostly benefits the people that actively play the game mode (atack, defend, scout , repair, etc), afk people that are only in there for the amor should still take the full 22 weeks or more to get it.

Agree an avenue thru active play could be a way to allow for additional tickets or replace the passive assignment thru participation. How that plays out on paper is a conversation once we can get closer to rollout of the Restructuring logic since in the phase after it.

Do you really want more players to only play for rewards? (Might even mean longer queues if they could get rewards endlessly.) Better focus on something else. If ... then they should have it like in PvP. We recently had a topic about the different ways to obtain legendary armor where I first thought PvP would be much easier - cause there you can get the needed tickets so fast. But there also ascended shards of glory are needed - which are the more limiting factor. And they can be gained ... but at a lower rate.

Add like maybe one third of the tickets to the repeatable last chest in WvW or so. So it will be still possible to get them - but more grindy after you got the normal ones from the non - repeatable chests. Might be only interesting for people that just play WvW for the fun a lot - that then "automatically" get more.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SinkingLotus.8461 said:

Not only would doing either of those two things make WvW much more rewarding to play, and more appealing. It would bring more activity to WvW itself. 

100% agree.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 10/20/2022 at 7:14 AM, SinkingLotus.8461 said:

The players who play WvW and actually like it don't play for the rewards at all. If you're leaving WvW as soon as you've finished the weekly Skirmish Reward track, you're playing for the rewards, not the game mode.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, SinkingLotus.8461 said:

You must be doing something wrong then.

I'm new to WvW and I just finished my first Triumphant Hero's armor set after roughly two weeks. I can link a screenshot of my sylvari Sylvanas Windrunner wearing it with my WvW rank window open to prove it, if necessary.

Edited by Calais.6348
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Calais.6348 said:

You must be doing something wrong then.

I'm new to WvW and I just finished my first Triumphant Hero's armor set after roughly two weeks. I can link a screenshot of my sylvari Sylvanas Windrunner wearing it with my WvW rank window open to prove it, if necessary.

I think they were referring to the Legendary version of the armor where I think you are discussing the precursor Ascended armor version of it unless I am mistaken. 

Just for the discussion since we do have a lot of new forum peeps out there with Steam and other things this is a handy wiki page if you have not started to research your Legendary Armor be that the WvW, Raid or sPvP versions: 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

The WvW set is the third group down. And yes its worth the time especially if you are alt-o-holic with lots of toons.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
forum double spacing bug

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I think they were referring to the Legendary version of the armor where I think you are discussing the precursor Ascended armor version of it unless I am mistaken. 

Just for the discussion since we do have a lot of new forum peeps out there with Steam and other things this is a handy wiki page if you have not started to research your Legendary Armor be that the WvW, Raid or sPvP versions: 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

The WvW set is the third group down. And yes its worth the time especially if you are alt-o-holic with lots of toons.

OP said "Triumphant Hero's", which is the second set of exotic precursor armor. Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor is both the ascended precursor and the legendary variant.

• Confused 2

Just now, Calais.6348 said:

OP said "Triumphant Hero's", which is the second set of exotic precursor armor. Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor is both the ascended precursor and the legendary variant.

OP was short handing the Legendary part when they talked about the 22 weeks, that's to make the Ascended sets into Legendary. Either of the two sets of Ascended sets can be used for the Legendary builds and that throws a lot of people off. All the second Ascended set has is an extra glow effect which if you are not interested in you can save yourself 7 weeks of collecting tickets needed. Have made all three weight classes which is why I try and catch people from making some of the mistakes I did. Another example is once you have the Ascended set you are using as the precursor DO NOT THROW IT INTO THE MYSTIC FORGE to change the initial stats you choose as it will render is useless as a precursor.  So make sure whatever stats you choose are ones you want. Once you make it into Legendary gear then you can change stats at will. 

8 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Another example is once you have the Ascended set you are using as the precursor DO NOT THROW IT INTO THE MYSTIC FORGE to change the initial stats you choose as it will render is useless as a precursor.  So make sure whatever stats you choose are ones you want. Once you make it into Legendary gear then you can change stats at will. 

I'm new to WvW, not new to the game. 🙂

1 minute ago, Calais.6348 said:

I'm new to WvW, not new to the game. 🙂

No worries, was more have been seeing a lot of new game and forum people and didn't want people to think that the 22 and 29 weeks of time weren't true and then get sticker shock when they start to look at crafting the Leggo armor as I saw on some of the general forum threads about it. 

Participation is making WvW consistently meh, make last chest give some extra tickets for the 2 or 3 first repeats... I'm not sure of that idea but might work. On the other hand reward tracks should be based in something like experienced earned, to avoid people of afk playing. If you want reward track you need to get wvwexp. and lots, if you really play the gamemode and make an effort you get reward tracks.

Although I'd like to see a system in which that exp could be shared with scouts in an easier and better way. I know is a long shot, but some way of like making a queu of people offering themselves as scouts and if people know them and see they really are scouting offering some exp share.

Edited by Nymthalas.4019

The rewards in wvw are really lack luster.  The skirmish claim tickets needs a major overhaul on amounts and distributions.  I would take them to minimum of 500 / week and 5 tickets per chest afterwards.  We also need a vendor to sell, buy, or exchange for all current game currencies, items, etc.   Skirmish claim tickets should never be sold on TP.  They have to be earned.

• Like 1

@SinkingLotus.8461

Option 1) is just a no-go because it will make the discrepancy between "time spent & tickets earned" at the start of the match up and the end of the match up even bigger than it is now. (If you want, you can search for my posts and @Cyninja.2954 talking about those and some math & ideas)

Option 2) is better, but I'd rather prefer a way to turn in "dead currencies", like Emblems and Badges into tickets on a "limited vendor". @Lan Deathrider.5910 often reminds us all about those ideas floating around for a long time here.

9 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Option 2) is better, but I'd rather prefer a way to turn in "dead currencies", like Emblems and Badges into tickets on a "limited vendor". @Lan Deathrider.5910 often reminds us all about those ideas floating around for a long time here.

I do often remind you all. A daily and weekly vendor to trade in dead currencies for non dead currencies is a wonderful idea.

A two way exchange on Memories of Battle and Skirmish Tickets.
A one way exchange for the Emblems for Skirmish Tickets.
A one way exchange for the Emblems and Mystic Clovers.
A one way exchange for the Emblems and Mystic Coins.
The same one way exchanges for Gifts of Battle for tickets, clovers, and coins because I know that people also stockpile those of the years.

It would let people who've stockpiled have a way to slowly offload these without shocking the markets, and people could get the items that they need for other activities or just for liquid wealth. The two way exchange on Skirmish Tickets and MoBs is so that people with too much of one, but not the other can equalize them.

Other such trades would be welcome, but those are the ones I mentioned in my original thread.

Obligatory Link to OG Thread.