Edit: Next Expansion for Guild Wars

SoulGuardian.6203

Edit:

The idea is to go to war against the Gods of Tyria.

The void is becoming more frequent and creating larger openings.

Creatures are coming through in every corner of tyria.

Aurene calls the heroes and seen as the Gods won't help, she needs their power by force in order to close the void for good.

Then there's this:

I'm quite sure that most, if not all the Original Guild Wars one players that are still around will agree with me on this one.

This character touched the stone that triggered Nightfall.

As if that wasn't enough; plunges into battle against Varesh Ossa without any real preparation; killing thousands of Sunspears in the process.

We have to listen to her mumbling nonsense throughout most of Nightfall. 

Since the moment we defeated Abaddon, and then; just there, instead of us "The Hero" getting the Grand Prize, goes this useless individual, the one who started all of Nightfall on the first place, and grabs it.

She becomes a God for no reason whatsoever.

Then, in GW2 when we seek her help against Balthazar or/and Kralkatorik, she says the Gods cannot or won't intervene;  after the one hour lecture. 

You know by now I'm talking about non other than the infamous Kormir.

So, ANet, I come to you today, to beg you to make the final Guild Wars 2 expansion about a War against the Gods them selves, and give us the opportunity to kill Kormir.

The most useless, bad decision making, leader of anything we have ever known in videogames history. 

She shouldn't even be incharge of kamadan cleaning, let alone an army.

To put the icing on the cake, let Varesh Ossa comeback and help us do it.

Plus the cherry on top, give us the choice to repeat this story step with a multiple choice ending.

1. We perform the finish move.

2. Let Varesh finish her off.

(  with kormir imploring us not to let her. Anything but that.)

Varesh then spears her heart releasing her off her God status, then severs her head with a scythe.

Or something along those lines.

Thanks for your time. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

How about no?

Half your points is the same BS that makes people complain about Trahearne which wasn't true either.

1. She technically did not trigger Nightfall, Abaddon was trying to do that himself already with Khilbron, Shiro, and Varesh.
  2. There was quite a lot of preparation, hell we had three quests that we did - as merely officers - in preparation for the war. Not to talk about the things she and other higher ranked officers did in preparation.
  3. We barely hear her talk throughout most of Nightfall - her highest screentime is in the tutorial (for NF characters only) and in the last act after killing Varesh.
  4. We couldn't become the new god for very obvious story and mechanic related reasons. Same reason we couldn't become the paper pushing Marshal of the Pact.
  5. There was reasons, actually, and were stated very clearly. Kormir was influenced by Abaddon's madness but left largely unaffected, and she was given the ability to become a god via the avatar's gifts. The PC did not have either of these - no one did.
  6. Was barely 15 minutes, not even close to an hour mr. hyperbole, but she was basically re-hashing Lyssa's Muse speech ,but emphasizing that when the gods personally intervene kitten goes to hell very fast and it would be suicidal for the planet for them to intervene with the Elder Dragons or Balthazar. Last time they acted, it created the Crystal Desert and the Desolation - which was previously a sea and forested coastline. So yes, let's have the Six Gods solve the plot for us by blowing the kitten planet up. Brilliant idea - it's clear you were not meant for the mantle of God of Knowledge.

So as Greyhawk said: get over it. You bloodthirsty players for anyone who dislike for the smallest slight is really disturbing. Trahearne, Braham, Taimi, Kormir - any tiny slight and people are in "LET ME KILL THEM!!!" mode for over a kitten decade. Seriously, it truly is disturbing and there's far too many such players in this "kind community".

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

... and then, ANet goes and does it!

This has been happening for so many years, since I first joined the forums... 

Same with so many things I've been suggesting/requesting.

A lot of

"no, no, no. Just no."

"Let it go."

"Worse idea ever."

"That will never work"

You have no idea, or perhaps you do, of the amount of negative replies I've been dished out in these forums throughout the years.

People going to the extent of telling me that I need therapy because I want this company to succeed and help them make the game better.

You also have no idea the amount of ideas ANet have actually included in the game after I and other people suggested or request them.

Then Arena Net does it.

I would like to see the look on your faces when ANet does the exact opposite of what you come here in the forums to so strongly dismiss, without a second though or give any OP here the slightest chance of a possibility that may just happen; everytime someone gives ANet an idea or has a special request.

Everytime someone tries to reach ANet, as if to say: 

"Hey A Net, please consider such and such"

Here comes the hyenas bombarding the ops post with negative replies.

Then the ops have to repeat the same sentence over and over hundreds of times.

Yes. It is a public forum.

Yes. You may reply.

But people are not trying to reach a very tiny tiny fraction of the minority that frequents the forums for longer than the actual time they spend in game, it seems.

People try to Reach the develolers. You know?

The people who actually work on the game?

The people who actually want the game to succeed to increase profit in order for them to keep the job!?

Well, I'm trying to help them do that.

"Let it go"

Ok. Well, let go of every aspect of the game's lore then, until it becomes meaningless.

You could say that just about any aspect of the game.

Why is Shiro a Legend? 

Or any of the other legends for that matter?

Did you tell ANet to "Let it go"?

No I won't let it go knowing Kormir is right there posing as a God, doing actually nothing at all to help not only humans, but none of all races in tyria at all.

As far as they were concerned, and exactly what Kornir said in the desert highlands secret library; Tyria could burn to ashes and all races wiped out as far as they cared.

Also, you can state all you want about the lore.

This also happened on another post, Cantha, the floods, and Zhaitan. Days and days of discussion, trying so hard to prove me wrong, in the end agreed with me when I said go play the game.

Play GW1. Don't copy and paste stuff from some page written by a third party.

It's not always accurate information. 

It's in the game.

I say the same thing now, go play the game.

The proof is in the game, not in some written internet page somewhere.

Kormir Admited several times herself to have triggered the event, out of pure curiosity.

Even though she admittedly confessed to know the risks.

She, at any point was seduced or tainted by Abaddon, she was very lucid and conscious of the dangers.

Her own words.

Some people comment here about lore and some probably haven't even played Guild Wars 1.

For those who have.

Do you remember what Lyssa and Dwayna, if I'm not mistaken, said to us in Nightfall Jahai after we killed The Lich and Shiro for the second time?

"It's your war"

Again, the Gods didn't help one single bit.

They didn't want to.

So like the charr say:

"Rely on steel, not false gods"

So no. I won't let go, and just like many other ideas and concepts along with other people, that we gave ANet... they came to fruition... I try reach them now, and say that it would make for an awesome Grand Finale.

We already killed Balthazar.

Five to go.

So not only I won't let go but will continue to try reach for the developers. 

This xpac would make an awesome addition.

Let's say:

Aurene would need some power in order to close the void portals that are becoming increasingly more frequent and larger.

Creatures are coming through the void; but in order for Aurene to accomplish that, she needs the power of the Gods.

Also needed to then create new guardians to stabilise and bring balance to the world.

The team find a way to extract Balthazar power from the mysts, but then Aurene tells them that killing the Gods will be necessary.

Since they won't help, and aren't willingly giving up their power, it has to be taken from them.

So the team sets on a mission to defy all the Gods.

Kormir might aswel be the first, because she became the god of secrets, so she holds all the information that the hero team needs for the task.

Shiro is a Rev legend, so Varesh could be a legend on this xpac too.

Before you dismiss the idea again, ask yourself this question.

How can you top EoD if not a war against the Gods of tyria?

Go home and do some personal story with respective races nemesis?

Sylvari fighting nightmare court?

Asura fighting inquest?

Do you have any idea how boring that would be?

Almost no one would buy that xpac.

Would be ok for a LWS, but it's not xpac material.

ANet wants to do something Extraordinary, in order to sell, not bore players to tears.

So what!?

Dragons again?

Another Joko?

Come on, you know it makes sense.

PS. I'm changing the title to something more adequate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

ANet wants to do something Extraordinary, in order to sell, not bore players to tears.

So what!?

Dragons again?

Another Joko?

Come on, you know it makes sense.

PS. I'm changing the title to something more adequate.

Catering to the super minority of the fanbase who hold grudges for over a decade is not "something extraordinary". It isn't helping the company succeed, it's your personal fantasy that I'm sure 90% of the playerbase do not want nor care about.

Hell, given the set ups we got, Lyssa is the most likely god they're intending to villainize senselessly, with Grenth second most likely.

Also, the new title is less related to the topic, lol. Besides, they've already been working on the expansion for nearly a year, the villain for that is long set in stone.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, anninke.7469 said:

Honestly, I'd gladly take any kind of  "go home" stuff over another GW1 nostalgia trip.

Yes you would.

And that would definitely hit sky high sales for ANet.

Here, let me present you the new and possibly last expansion for Guild Wars 2.

You get to fight more Nightmare Court and end their reign of terror over Caledon Forest.

I'm sure that would sell billions. 

Don't contradict just for the sake of contradicting. 

If you think that way, you're not thinking about it in the long run, nor seeing the bigger picture.

If you genuinly think tiny, that's fine.

No one blames you for it.

But tiny, is how you run an Indi sidescroller.

Tiny is how you run a quick 20 in 1 arcade games.

Tiny is not how you run a multi million dollar company. 

If ANet depended on tiny, possibly wouldn't have gine past HoT.

Do you realise what you're saying?

Rhetorical. Don't answer that.

Do you know how tough it is out there?

Allow me.

I will not mention names, but you more or less get the idea.

Just check out the list of most populated mmo games.

See what they offer.

Do you really think for a minute that ANet is going to waste time and resources for a tiny minority, just because you're satisfied with a tiny bit of story that focus on local minor irritations like Nightmare Court and Inquest; when those certain games are offering people 50-100 player massive boss battles!?

ANet said themselves in one of their most recent posts.

Guild Wars 2 is a social game, and they will make every future content with that in mind.

So no more solo instances dominating the game.

No more "Let me grab my wooden spoon and hit it in the head of that misbehaving inquest stealing a golem"

Yeah. You definitely have ANets best interest at heart.

It's time to think big... massive, and rightly so.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Oh please. Get off your high horse.  The vast majority of the forum suggestions that receive so much negative responses are more or less rehashes of the same themes: MURDERING whatever character(s) a thread's OP has a hate kitten for without regard for the people that are fans of these characters, completely reworking the armor system from the back end for one reason or another, adding additional races like tengu or skritt or vampires or whatever that all to date Anet has shown no interest in putting the MASSIVE amount of work into bringing into the game, adding player housing (which I remain entirely ambivalent to), changing the current flier mounts or adding a flier mount that has "True unrestricted flight", plus a handful of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.  Hundreds of threads, all repeating the same thing over and over again, all explained or argued or debunked again and again. Also, if Anet has ever put YOUR suggestions into the game, then I'm Johnny Cash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Oh please. Get off your high horse.  The vast majority of the forum suggestions that receive so much negative responses are more or less rehashes of the same themes: MURDERING whatever character(s) a thread's OP has a hate kitten for without regard for the people that are fans of these characters, completely reworking the armor system from the back end for one reason or another, adding additional races like tengu or skritt or vampires or whatever that all to date Anet has shown no interest in putting the MASSIVE amount of work into bringing into the game, adding player housing (which I remain entirely ambivalent to), changing the current flier mounts or adding a flier mount that has "True unrestricted flight", plus a handful of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.  Hundreds of threads, all repeating the same thing over and over again, all explained or argued or debunked again and again. Also, if Anet has ever put YOUR suggestions into the game, then I'm Johnny Cash.

Way off topic.

I know that you're trying to make a point.

But those are all suggestions or requests that I was never part of, except once I asked a question about a rumor of a housing island that would look like pre searing ascalon.

Just an hoax, apparently. 

Of course, as an attempt to try convey to others how absurd my idea is, or so your intent seems that way, you had to go pick topics in which ANet hasn't integrated yet, or has not responded to.

However, you cannot simply presume that they wont.

As I said before so many times to other people with the exact same reply and attitude.

"DON'T  presume. Assumption is the mother of all mess ups"

Do look at things that people did request and got integrated. 

Cantha, Skimmer able to go underwater, Virtuoso, Gear and skill templates...

The list goes on, and is massive.

If you haven't read my last reply to this one.

Please do.

I don't want to have to type it all again or quote myself in why the idea of a War against the Gods xpac would be a good idea and why ANet is thinking big, rather than low end content.

PS.

I think that you just focused on the part with kormir and aren't allowing yourself to think clearly or any further.

You just placed yourself on a mental block and that's that.

Furthermore, I don't actually despise kormir, as all 2 or 3 of you have led yourselves to believe. 

I just feel that she way outlasted her usefulness along with all the other Gods.

Ultimately, that this would make a tremendous Grand finale for Guild Wars 2.

Let Aurene and her champions become the new Guardians of balance and Tyria.

What an Ending.

What a conclusion to Guild Wars.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

PS.

I think that you just focused on the part with kormir and aren't allowing yourself to think clearly or any further.

You just placed yourself on a mental block and that's that.

Furthermore, I don't actually despise kormir, as all 2 or 3 of you have led yourselves to believe. 

I just feel that she way outlasted her usefulness along with all the other Gods.

Then why are you so demanding of wanting to kill Kormir when no one else is anymore.

11 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Ultimately, that this would make a tremendous Grand finale for Guild Wars 2.

Let Aurene and her champions become the new Guardians of balance and Tyria.

What an Ending.

What a conclusion to Guild Wars.

Aurene already is the new guardian of balance and Tyria.

No need to senselessly slaughter gods and kitten up established lore to bring about such a thing.

And how would killing Kormir be "a conclusion to Guild Wars" when most people don't care about it and the plot of Guild Wars was always Abaddon and Elder Dragons - End of Dragons was that "what a conclusion to Guild Wars" if there ever was gonna be one.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Then why are you so demanding of wanting to kill Kormir when no one else is anymore.

Aurene already is the new guardian of balance and Tyria.

No need to senselessly slaughter gods and kitten up established lore to bring about such a thing.

And how would killing Kormir be "a conclusion to Guild Wars" when most people don't care about it and the plot of Guild Wars was always Abaddon and Elder Dragons - End of Dragons was that "what a conclusion to Guild Wars" if there ever was gonna be one.

Have you not been reading my replies?

Obviously not.

You missed all the ideas I've been proposing.

So go read before you ask questions that have already been answered. 

Edit:

ok, since you bumped my post for no real reason.

I'll recap.

● Massive storyline

Including reasons why aurene needs the Gods power to close the void rifts.

● 50-100 player God fights

You get to fight all the Gods with other people.

● ANet own words that GW2 is a social game.

So on that basis, every future content will be focused on group play.

Besides, you don't expect ANet to keep making xpacs and lws forever, do you?

There's gotta be a conclusion to GW2 before tbey move on to other projects.

... and before you make another of those questions, again.

Because ANet said so themselves:

1. They are already working on the next Xpac.

2. So far there's no plans for a GW3.

Their own words.

Again, you certainly are not expecting ANet to keep spending resources in the game forever, when the engine is becoming outdated, do you?

You keep saying the same thing about hatred towards kormir, when I already replied to that. Yet...

What's with all the sensitive feelings towards Kormir?

Better characters have died horrible deaths in game than her.

Characters who actually contributed much more,  in wvery sense of the word.

Eir, Zoja, Trehern, and many more.

What's this all about?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Let's hope they don't touch the human Gods. We don't need them to be ruined as well.

Balthazar's defilement and the abomination they turned Cantha into was bad enough.

Let them make something fundamentally new, never seen before in either game. That way, no further harm to already established things can be done.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

FWIW, I kind of want the gods to return, and I want Dwayna to be mad about us killing Balthazar.

I kind of want to have to fight each of them in their realms in an epic fight only to find out that Kormir was more affected by Abbadon's madness that anyone thought and orchestrated us killing the other gods for her and have her be the final BBEG. Even bigger surprise, Abbadon did not truly die, and just took over Kormir's body and form when she absorbed his power and set about in a long con for revenge.

But, I'd be just as happy with the other gods coming back to Tyria just to see them beyond artwork and statues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

So as Greyhawk said: get over it. You bloodthirsty players for anyone who dislike for the smallest slight is really disturbing. Trahearne, Braham, Taimi, Kormir - any tiny slight and people are in "LET ME KILL THEM!!!" mode for over a kitten decade. Seriously, it truly is disturbing and there's far too many such players in this "kind community".

A bit ago I said about Braham and players.

"A lot of players who dislike Braham will never like him until he's dead. It doesn't matter what is done with the character, whether he disappears for entire arcs and has little involvement, they don't care."

People have zero thought for writing or storytelling and thus the only answer is "kill". Khorne would be pleased.

5 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

No I won't let it go knowing Kormir is right there posing as a God, doing actually nothing at all to help not only humans, but none of all races in tyria at all.

For those who have.

Do you remember what Lyssa and Dwayna, if I'm not mistaken, said to us in Nightfall Jahai after we killed The Lich and Shiro for the second time?

"It's your war"

Again, the Gods didn't help one single bit.

They didn't want to.

You are hyper focused on Kormir not helping, but then admit the other gods never directly helped in GW1. So it is a "kitten the gods" or "kitten Kormir"?

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

FWIW, I kind of want the gods to return, and I want Dwayna to be mad about us killing Balthazar.

I kind of want to have to fight each of them in their realms in an epic fight only to find out that Kormir was more affected by Abbadon's madness that anyone thought and orchestrated us killing the other gods for her and have her be the final BBEG. Even bigger surprise, Abbadon did not truly die, and just took over Kormir's body and form when she absorbed his power and set about in a long con for revenge.

But, I'd be just as happy with the other gods coming back to Tyria just to see them beyond artwork and statues. 

One point that has been untouched is that Abaddon is truly dead, But his powers went to Kormir. much like how in GW1 it's stated that He got his power from another god, who he killed.

49 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

One point that has been untouched is that Abaddon is truly dead, But his powers went to Kormir. much like how in GW1 it's stated that He got his power from another god, who he killed.

I know, but much like Palpatine somehow surviving there is no stopping Anet from concocting a way to make it happen. Just because they all thought he was dead didn't mean the God of Secrets hadn't faked it, particularly if the one telling them he was dead was in fact him in a new body.

Like I said though, I really just want to see the other gods on screen, how doesn't matter as much so long as it is a good story.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This is an excellent idea. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I always thought that when Kormir appeared in front of us, after defeating abaddon and she plunged into the darkness, speaks with that emotionless tone of voice, gave me the feeling that she was lying and that truly that was abaddon speaking.

She never convinced me that she only got his knowledge but no other traces of him whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

This is an excellent idea. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I always thought that when Kormir appeared in front of us, after defeating abaddon and she plunged into the darkness, speaks with that emotionless tone of voice, gave me the feeling that she was lying and that truly that was abaddon speaking.

She never convinced me that she only got his knowledge but no other traces of him whatsoever. 

It's a hole that can be exploited and is a reoccurring villain troupe that gets used as to why they survived.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Then why do you make so many assumptions in your OP and subsequent posts in this thread? 

I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible.

For starters you are derailing and taking my OP way out off topic. Also quoting a specific sentence as a form of ridicule.

You just breached 3 forum rules.

Secondly, I don't know if english is your main language, but you ought to learn the difference between assumption and requests/suggestions.

My post is about giving ANet ideas for the next expansion. 

About the War against the Gods of Tyria.

I don't believe that at any moment I posted any assumption. 

If you don't mind, keep on topic.

Replies such as these only clog posts with non constructive nonsense. 

We all appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It's a hole that can be exploited and is a reoccurring villain troupe that gets used as to why they survived.

Indeed.

There are so many possibilities that can be explored from this story Arc.

Including her refusal to help yet again in PoF.

I think ANet Devs could come up with a very interesting storyline for this.

Your idea should defo be taken into consideration. 

2 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Indeed.

There are so many possibilities that can be explored from this story Arc.

Including her refusal to help yet again in PoF.

I think ANet Devs could come up with a very interesting storyline for this.

Your idea should defo be taken into consideration. 

I mean, Kormir could have nudged Balthazar into his desire to fight the dragons, only to have been quiet while the other gods talked him down and trapped him in the mists.

Lots of ways they can fit it into the way they have told the story, and given how Abadon manipulated all the villains of GW1 over time it is within his MO. 

• Like 1

Seems like stating that this next expansion is/should be the 'Grand Finale' is an assumption.  Or that 'social game' means 50/100 players killing a God(s); that sounds like an assumption. 

I think there will be more than 1 expansion in Guild Wars 2's future.  I hope we get several that are about exploring never-visited lands and stories about what/who we find there. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/4/2022 at 7:39 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

My post is about giving ANet ideas for the next expansion. 

Maybe it is already a bit late for that. The general story arc is usually one of the first things they have to define for an expansion because a lot of other work depends on this.

I don't think the next expansion should be some gw1-fan-service (like EoD) to revisit old places, but they should do something new that is fun for all players.

And fighting gods and elder dragons ... it is nothing new anymore and  "bigger and badder" is not always a good thing for story-telling.  Maybe Anet should focus on a better small-scale story that is interesting for all players, has something new for all players and can be fleshed-out better.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 5