muscle and magic 💪✨

eXruina.4956

i've come to realize that core warrior magically summons banners from the sky out of thin air.

how i missed this playing bannerslave for roughly a decade is beyond me. i blame mesmers. 🦋

is this the design loophole we've desperately been looking for?

can we finally introduce foul magicks such as teleport, into our muscular arsenal?

• Confused 2

Warrior has been a magically enhanced class since basically the release of the game. Last doubt was removed once the berserker elite spec dropped, which "is so angry that it creates flames".

Also you already adopted foul teleport magicks: flicker step (you're welcome)

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Haha 1

Warrior always could use "magic," it's just not a caster of spells. But he sure as hell will shout at you to heal your wounds and could transform into an enraged juggernaut. Spellbreaker also most surely is using dispelling magic techniques. Spellbreaker is attuned to the element of wind, while berserker uses fire.

Before we got bladesworn I was hoping anet would continue with the "elemental attunement" idea and we see water and earth-based elite specs (healer/support). We got weeb tech instead...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We should literally be stomping grounds and summoning earthquakes, volcanos and deep fissures. Why is that Engineers get to launch rockets from procs but we can't "EARTHSHAKER" and actually crack the earth so strongly that cripples and damages everyone in an area for a while?

Petition to make Peak Performance physical skills crush your insides so hard that they explode in flames 3s later. Better than the boring trait it is right now. Make Body Blow deal a delayed earth spike on the feet of the target that throws him back to the Warrior. If we move, the earth tremble, if we raise our weapon, explosions occur, if we tense our muscles, women pass out, as it should be.

• Haha 1

lol then literally every warrior has been magic warrior in every game, because pure "non magic" war gameplay is literally not fit for any fantasy rpg game.

also flicker step is you move so fast it looks like teleport type of thing.

because if you count all these as magic, then there's literally 0 non magic war anymore in modern media

Edited by felix.2386
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

lol then literally every warrior has been magic warrior in every game, because pure "non magic" war gameplay is literally not fit for any fantasy rpg game.

because if you count all these as magic, then there's literally 0 non magic war anymore in modern media

I don't think that's the point. In Tyria, magic is a normal thing, every being is imbued with it. Every class has a application of magic, and for Warrior, it turns out it's martial magic.

The problem is that in concept and theme this is true, but not in application. Warriors should have some martial magic not locked by e-specs, and it's perfectly plausible for tacticians and combatants to use whatever tools will give them advantages on the battlefield. But when it comes to execution, Anet doesn't embrace any of that. We just hit things, hit them good, and then hit them gooder.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

I don't think that's the point. In Tyria, magic is a normal thing, every being is imbued with it. Every class has a application of magic, and for Warrior, it turns out it's martial magic.

The problem is that in concept and theme this is true, but not in application. Warriors should have some martial magic not locked by e-specs, and it's perfectly plausible for tacticians and combatants to use whatever tools will give them advantages on the battlefield. But when it comes to execution, Anet doesn't embrace any of that. We just hit things, hit them good, and then hit them gooder.

You were right up until the hit them gooder part.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Anet themselves confirmed that every profession in the game is using magic in some form, including warrior and engineer (which are usually seen as the least magical classes).

It's just a question of HOW they are using said magic. Warriors are using their magic to enhance their fighting prowess primarily.

We also got direct confirmation that berserkers indeed are creating actual flames with the pure power of their rage.

Then there is also the usage of magically imbued items and I am not talking about our weapons and armor, but about skills. Signets in the guild wars franchise have always been explained as magically imbued signet rings, which the wielder can "activate" to use their magical powers.

Bladesworn also now falls into the category of using magically imbued items, since their gunsabers are using jade tech. Jade tech is fueled by the magical dragon jade, so warriors are harnessing magical powers of an item through the usage of technology (which is usually the engineer approach to magic in Tyria, btw).

So yeah, not every modern media warrior is magical, most of the times physical abilities just get hugely exaggerated because it's simply cool. But this is not the case for GW2, Anet confirmed that even warriors are canonically using magic in their world.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Anet themselves confirmed that every profession in the game is using magic in some form, including warrior and engineer (which are usually seen as the least magical classes).

It's just a question of HOW they are using said magic. Warriors are using their magic to enhance their fighting prowess primarily.

We also got direct confirmation that berserkers indeed are creating actual flames with the pure power of their rage.

Then there is also the usage of magically imbued items and I am not talking about our weapons and armor, but about skills. Signets in the guild wars franchise have always been explained as magically imbued signet rings, which the wielder can "activate" to use their magical powers.

Bladesworn also now falls into the category of using magically imbued items, since their gunsabers are using jade tech. Jade tech is fueled by the magical dragon jade, so warriors are harnessing magical powers of an item through the usage of technology (which is usually the engineer approach to magic in Tyria, btw).

So yeah, not every modern media warrior is magical, most of the times physical abilities just get hugely exaggerated because it's simply cool. But this is not the case for GW2, Anet confirmed that even warriors are canonically using magic in their world.

in that case, i want my full bar of near permanent boons please. 😑

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

In the teaser for Junksworn, it was said, that they use Amber to fuel their cartridges. And Amber is a material that Arenanet stated to have lost its value since the days of GW1.

So not only does Junksworn not use Arenanet's beloved jade tech, it also uses scraps that are deemed useless by most Canthans.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

In the teaser for Junksworn, it was said, that they use Amber to fuel their cartridges. And Amber is a material that Arenanet stated to have lost its value since the days of GW1.

So not only does Junksworn not use Arenanet's beloved jade tech, it also uses scraps that are deemed useless by most Canthans.

You are right, the gunsaber is not using dragon jade, but amber. So yeah, small correction there.

This doesn't change much, tho. I talked to the bladesworn trainer in Echovald once again to make sure, but he specifically points out that amber is magically imbued still to use for the cartridges.

Also even if it doesn't use dragon jade, it still seems to build upon the technological advancements of jade tech. So it kinda uses jade tech, but just repurposed it to use a different fuel than dragon jade.

7 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

You are right, the gunsaber is not using dragon jade, but amber. So yeah, small correction there.

This doesn't change much, tho. I talked to the bladesworn trainer in Echovald once again to make sure, but he specifically points out that amber is magically imbued still to use for the cartridges.

Also even if it doesn't use dragon jade, it still seems to build upon the technological advancements of jade tech. So it kinda uses jade tech, but just repurposed it to use a different fuel than dragon jade.

I'm not sure how much actually is based upon jade technology. As both fulfil significantly different roles, their technology would be distinctly different, too.

Jade is used to store magic over a long period of time to be used as some kind of battery.

Amber is said to be highly volatile and can't hold magic for long (which likely is why its considered worthless by many), thus it's used for short bursts of explosive fire power.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Nah, ex, you that’s not magic. Warrior actually throws that banner up into the Ionosphere, then it descends to the appointed spot. It just happens so fast that the banner is basically invisible to the human eye until landing.

Warrior has no magic. Warrior is a void of magic, so unmagical that it actually has a form that is so unmagical that everyone around them starts becoming unmagical too. That is spellbreaker. 

Berserker is just super mad and swings a sword so hard that it creates super-heated shockwaves that extend outward. Pure physical greatness that has been honed from a non stop, grueling pursuit of power that the ungifted mortals were not meant to have. Yet Warrior achieved it regardless, because who is to say there be a thing Warrior may not have? Who decides what warriors capabilities are? I say unto thee, None! Not gods! Not dragons! Not extradimensional jellyfish! Warrior is the one who defines their own capabilities, not by the magicks, but by building them with warrior’s own two hands. Reject logic, embrace warrior.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Nah, ex, you that’s not magic. Warrior actually throws that banner up into the Ionosphere, then it descends to the appointed spot. It just happens so fast that the banner is basically invisible to the human eye until landing.

Warrior has no magic. Warrior is a void of magic, so unmagical that it actually has a form that is so unmagical that everyone around them starts becoming unmagical too. That is spellbreaker. 

Berserker is just super mad and swings a sword so hard that it creates super-heated shockwaves that extend outward. Pure physical greatness that has been honed from a non stop, grueling pursuit of power that the ungifted mortals were not meant to have. Yet Warrior achieved it regardless, because who is to say there be a thing Warrior may not have? Who decides what warriors capabilities are? I say unto thee, None! Not gods! Not dragons! Not extradimensional jellyfish! Warrior is the one who defines their own capabilities, not by the magicks, but by building them with warrior’s own two hands. Reject logic, embrace warrior.

While I love your poems, you are objectively wrong there. It's confirmed in lore that Warriors use magic.

However, the magic might be fundamentally different from other professions. Just like Fire (not Flame Art) infusions in Elden Ring scale with Strength, it could be possible that Warriors' magic in Tyria is fueled by pure physical prowess. And with their dreams of being beasts on the battlefield, GW2's Warriors also have a rock-summoning similarity between Elden Ring's Beast Incantations and Berserker's Shattering Blow.

As we can conclude, it doesn't matter whether one uses magic or not; What matters is where the magic comes from!

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

that'd be cool, like skyhammer. 🙂 except with a stick 🤣

• Confused 1

ok, so i guess we are magic. 🤔

i don't feel very magical having to walk up to people just to smacc em.

almost there, stop poofing around. 💨

i missed, they walked away.

ok there we go smacc em for 200+ crit in full damage gear. 🍜

wait i got smacc for 3k 4k 6k with this gs, and 14k by a bear!! 🐻

are you guys sure we're magic? 🦄🌈

• Confused 1

Jokes aside, the lore does get confusing with the ambiguous terms used. As magic is both used to describe the stuff that flows through everything as well as the schools and specialties of magic.

Most media divide magic the energy from magic the spell. It'd be like saying Warrior doesn't have mana, energy or life force since they can't cast curses, spells and enchantments.

• Thanks 2