Mesmer vs. other classes in pve

Ashford.8540

10 hours ago, xxXLightningXxx.8476 said:

For those of you delusional enough to argue mesmer is fine on this forum, Loki is the mesmer in this clip FYI. 

Lol well don't play it. No one is forcing anyone to post negative stuff to the Mesmer forums.

It drowns out anyone who just want to discuss the Class.

• Like 1
  • Confused 12

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Lol well don't play it. No one is forcing anyone to post negative stuff to the Mesmer forums.

It drowns out anyone who just want to discuss the Class.

The fact that there are BOTH positive and negative 'stuff' being posted is fiting for a forum by definition. 

If a 'forum' cannot contain or worse - tolerate - the existence of opposing opinions, regardless of expression, there is no forum. 

Just because some posts here might not align with your personal point of view, doesn't mean you have more entitment to tell people to shut it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, xxXLightningXxx.8476 said:

The fact that there are BOTH positive and negative 'stuff' being posted is fiting for a forum by definition. 

If a 'forum' cannot contain or worse - tolerate - the existence of opposing opinions, regardless of expression, there is no forum. 

Just because some posts here might not align with your personal point of view, doesn't mean you have more entitment to tell people to shut it. 

Most don't align with anyone's views.

Most Mesmer players don't even visit this place and when they do they leave just as fast.

It shows since as soon the Alacrity Mirage change came out everyone's first instinct on this forum was that it was a nerf.

• Confused 11

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, iNaddict.8021 said:

people are negative in general.. its on all forums not just mesmer.. honestly they should remove arcdps and delete the stationary golem.

ANet can't remove arcdps as it's not them who made it. Only thing they could do is remove allied players detailed damage done from being sent to the game client so that arcdps is unable to show other players dps.

16 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

ANet can't remove arcdps as it's not them who made it. Only thing they could do is remove allied players detailed damage done from being sent to the game client so that arcdps is unable to show other players dps.

yes but they are ok in the usage of it.. they can simply make it illegal for use..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iNaddict.8021 said:

yes but they are ok in the usage of it.. they can simply make it illegal for use..

And then devote their entire time to handle the outrage of the masses that suddenly struggles clearing endgame content 'cause they can't determine who's not doing his job anymore. Can't wait for the times of wild accusations and even more silly party requirements than we have now to return. Not.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

And then devote their entire time to handle the outrage of the masses that suddenly struggles clearing endgame content 'cause they can't determine who's not doing his job anymore. Can't wait for the times of wild accusations and even more silly party requirements than we have now to return. Not.

I mean, I’d like to say that doesn’t happen now.. buuuut

Just now, iNaddict.8021 said:

i didnt remember it being worse.. i remember it as the same/similar .. how bad was your experience?

I'm refering to the good old times of "you don't have x AP? gtfo!", "what, you're not playing class x? *kick*" , "we don't have enough dps, it must be [insert random class, preferably one less common] fault *kick*" or "why you play [insert random class that was not commonly known for high damage]? lol noob *kick*" etc.

I prefer people actually having an easy way to monitor their own performance aswell as their squad and make decisions based on facts. I rather have valid criticism based on data (dps / boon uptime is low) so one knows what's the issue and can try to solve it, than random accusations based on assumptions.

Sure, there will always be that one guy abusing tools and be a jerk. But jerks will be jerks anyway, no matter what.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Idk, Condi Signet Virtuoso makes me feel more like the hulk in that video.

Many dont really consider Virt to be a Mesmer cause it doesnt even have clones. Personally I dont play the spec because its projectile based and I dont like the hovering daggers. I see many using and seeming to enjoy it. Im just not sure it suits the class it was attached to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Many dont really consider Virt to be a Mesmer cause it doesnt even have clones. Personally I dont play the spec because its projectile based and I dont like the hovering daggers. I see many using and seeming to enjoy it. Im just not sure it suits the class it was attached to.

I think it works for mesmer a lot due to the nature of the profession not being a typical mage archetype. I mainly play condi signet now on mine, and I enjoy it a lot because the attacks remind me of Gilgamesh from fate series. I can't think of many MMOs that have a spec/class like Virtuoso with flying daggers and portals and all that. It is quite rare in the MMO space which makes me enjoy it a lot.

5 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

It suits Mesmer just fine, in the same way Soulbeast suits ranger. It does away with the classes cumbersome clone mechanic that can be disadvantageous and frustrating in smaller fights against weaker enemies, something Mesmer desperately needed imo.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

In PvE?

Virtuoso is my typical go-to for DPS at the moment outside of fractals (and that exception is primarily just because it's more awkward to swap characters for fractals). Competitive DPS, pretty much full ranged, room to slot in a variety of utility. Mirage when alacrity, mobility, and/or large amounts of confusion are called for.

The update has brought more professions up to a similar level of DPS, I think, but I don't think mesmer is at risk of being Hulked in PvE. Chrono is probably still a bit sick, though, and obviously it'd be nice for the bugs to be fixed.

15 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

10+ years ago I saw complaints that GW2's Mesmer is not Mesmer, because of clones compared to GW1. Now I see complaints that Virtuoso is not Mesmer, because it has no clones. 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

10+ years ago I saw complaints that GW2's Mesmer is not Mesmer, because of clones compared to GW1. Now I see complaints that Virtuoso is not Mesmer, because it has no clones. 

Hahahah, yep. Virtuoso isn't exactly a reversion to GW1 mesmer just because it lacks clones, but there's a lot more to the mesmer concept overall than illusions. And there will probably always be phantasms.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 5:44 AM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

23 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Hahahah, yep. Virtuoso isn't exactly a reversion to GW1 mesmer just because it lacks clones, but there's a lot more to the mesmer concept overall than illusions. And there will probably always be phantasms.

Granted but this is gw2 and in Gw2 Mesmers have clones, traits are built around the idea as are weapons that generate clones, and the shatters. Just saying....

I would have probably tried Virt if it wasnt stuck with those daggers over its head all day long. However, it does and so I did not try it and cant see playing it.

• Confused 1