Scrapper feels like what firebrand should have been.

noneHotBuildTest.7251

Since the scrapper got nerf, i'v been playing it a ton in wvw on zerg or romaring ... and it feels kittening OP.

It just makes me a bit sad that firebrand will likely never get a similar Elite Spec / rework no next patch, which is what i'v always wanted for them.

Here's a few mechanics which i feel like should have belonged to the Guardian:

1.Absorbing a portion of your allies damage into yourself (Bulwark Gyro)

2.Sharing a portion of your heals with your allies (Medical Dispersion Field)

3.Ungodly levels of health regen (Backpack Regenerator)

4.Ungodly amounts of barrier spam

5.Easy access to group wide Stability, Protection, Condi Cleanses, CC's, reflects

I'm suggesting scrapper get further nerf, or other support cannot keep on , such like tempest , another meme class on wvw.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

This must be sarcasm 

1. Using this in a big zerg fight is equal suicide

2. Main selling point of Scrapper in WvW is not it's healing output, it's converting conditions to boons and superspeed and stealth (which has been nerfed to the ground). If we are talking about pure healing / cleanse output, Tempest and Druid are way better

3. Well.... sustainability wise, there are better specs than Scapper, for example Celestial Spellbreaker which also offers insane boonstrip + CC

4. For the spec itself? Maybe, for allies, doubt, Scourge is much better at this

5. Group wide Stability... big doubt, the only Stability skill scrapper has is Defense Field. I don't think Scrapper has anything that can reflect stuff

Edited by laoshanlung.3675
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, laoshanlung.3675 said:

This must be sarcasm 

1. Using this in a big zerg fight is equal suicide

2. Main selling point of Scrapper in WvW is not it's healing output, it's converting conditions to boons and superspeed and stealth (which has been nerfed to the ground). If we are talking about pure healing / cleanse output, Tempest and Druid are way better

3. Well.... sustainability wise, there are better specs than Scapper, for example Celestial Spellbreaker which also offers insane boonstrip + CC

4. For the spec itself? Maybe, for allies, doubt, Scourge is much better at this

5. Group wide Stability... big doubt, the only Stability skill scrapper has is Defense Field. I don't think Scrapper has anything that can reflect stuff

NHBT is a known troll, it does nothing but post these threads and necro threads related to nerfing engineers as a whole in between short periods of bancation. 

Worth mentioning is that rapid regeneration doesn't even exist anymore and was removed in the summer of 2019. So there you have the caliber of trolling going on here.

Edited by miriforst.1290
  • Like 3

Guardian is much better at protecting allies. It also has lot of heals as long as you actually know your traits and abilities.

Ofc scrapper seems strong since teammates healthbars go up and down, but guardian keeps allies close to full hp. Scrapper is the support with least reach, protection, AoE stunbreaks and other damage reduction. It can't even CC enemies outside 1 ability. Sure it cleanses and heals a lot, but has 0 adaptibility or carry potential.

AoE superspeed is too potent and needs tuning down yes, but scrappers kit itself isn't anything to write home about. Scrap runs around a bit pressing heals and cleanses until fight is over, completely dependant on teammates killing the enemy.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

(...)

AoE superspeed is too potent and needs tuning down yes, but scrappers kit itself isn't anything to write home about. Scrap runs around a bit pressing heals and cleanses until fight is over, completely dependant on teammates killing the enemy.

Doubt that gona happen, Gw2 is perma boon gameplay anyway, even pve players cant play w/o perma boons, i bet they would state the game has implayable, and most wvw population isnt diferent, most even only play when they can ktrain and pvd...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Note that "ungodly" is not a number. Nor is semi-passive healing to other players anything out of the norm in WVW: see Battle Presence with Absolute Resolve on Firebrands, Soothing Mist on tempest, and the tablet on Ventari revenants.

In addition, even with the "ungodly" healing as stated by the original poster, it was not until 2019 gyro reworks that people actually ran engineers.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

absolute joke post i guess?

or someone talking about things he/she .. it ... never played.

scrapper stab is quite bad, scrapper has just 1 reflect on hammer2 or shield  eventually. scrappers bulwark gyro provides next to nothing and is as mentioned by someone yet, a suicide button more often than not

healscrapper got so many nerfs that it lost a lot of value in group compositions. it's really medicore now sadly and that did hurt groups a lot.

ofc blobs won't care, they have this strength in numbers scheme and never had useful scrappers in most cases anyways

• Like 1

14 hours ago, miriforst.1290 said:

NHBT is a known troll, it does nothing but post these threads and necro threads related to nerfing engineers as a whole in between short periods of bancation. 

Worth mentioning is that rapid regeneration doesn't even exist anymore and was removed in the summer of 2019. So there you have the caliber of trolling going on here.

I think it is a old post copy paste, and the troll don't know what is "rapid regeneration".

Awkward

• Like 1

21 hours ago, miriforst.1290 said:

Thats what happens when you get your balance suggestions from 2017 Youtubevideos where some guy rants about Engie.  You dont even notice that something your complaining about isnt even in the game anymore.... for almost 4 years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

My pet idea for the next guard spec  is a dual shield that focuses on group barrier and I will absolutely take this at best semi-related opportunity to tout it because damnit, I want a dual shield wielder somewhere in game.

Actually dual shield usage was used in medieval battles.

It's a meme but was actually used irl.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 8:11 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Support specs are not supposed to DPS on top! Every other support spec has been nerfed throughout and scrapper still gone top of them all.

What I see in that video is weaver heavily outdamaging everyone else in the squad.

Elementalist is currently destroying WvW and needs to get nerfed asap. 😮

Edited by Kodama.6453