High burst/one shot from stealth

Zekent.3652

It's not okay getting hit with such a big chunk of damage from a stealthed foe.

1 example is the stealth + porting Maul (a good damaging skill) from untamed. How do you react to that? ("but untamed is not easy" yes, i know, but that's not the point of the post) 

To counter these things, what about if you counter stealth if they're just way too close to you, and the non stealthed person gets rewarded if they're moving, trying to reveal the stealthed foe, the stealthed one would have to worry about not getting revealed like that.

But it's just an idea, i don't think that stealth is a broken mechanic by itself, i just don't like the way how ANet deals with this mechanic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

56 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

well, anet clearly doesnt know how to balance thief

it's either too strong or too weak

surely that less range on steal doesnt make up for having a third dodge

They are not talking about Daredevil, there is not a one shot from stealth daredevil build, nice try ele main

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

well, anet clearly doesnt know how to balance thief

it's either too strong or too weak

surely that less range on steal doesnt make up for having a third dodge

shorter ranged steal is stronger because it is unblockable, remove the unblockable, i would call it a proper trade off

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

How do you react to that?

What helps me to counter stealth is, to always remember is has a fixed 3 second duration from the Smokefield+ Leap combo.

If you see him stealth, count to 2 and then blow your dodge or any block that you have. Works wonders for me.    But anyone that knows that you have this habit, could play around it.   So far.. its doing me more good than bad.

The onlything thats even remotely close to a oneshot... is Memesmer.   But when they have this high of a damage output, they will literally melt to a few condis applied to them. 

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

What helps me to counter stealth is, to always remember is has a fixed 3 second duration from the Smokefield+ Leap combo.If you see him stealth, count to 2 and then blow your dodge or any block that you have. Works wonders for me.   

Thief mains tried explaining it this way. Didn't work. People can't dodge/don't have object permanence. Don't assume they can now. Be fair~

The onlything thats even remotely close to a oneshot... is Memesmer.   But when they have this high of a damage output, they will literally melt to a few condis applied to them. 

Don't care, can't see oneshot must be op

I'm not bitter at all wdym

• Confused 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:29 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

It's not okay getting hit with such a big chunk of damage from a stealthed foe.

1 example is the stealth + porting Maul (a good damaging skill) from untamed. How do you react to that? ("but untamed is not easy" yes, i know, but that's not the point of the post) 

To counter these things, what about if you counter stealth if they're just way too close to you, and the non stealthed person gets rewarded if they're moving, trying to reveal the stealthed foe, the stealthed one would have to worry about not getting revealed like that.

But it's just an idea, i don't think that stealth is a broken mechanic by itself, i just don't like the way how ANet deals with this mechanic.

a 1200 heck even 900 range blast from a warhorn skill with a low CD that removes stealth from enemies would be cool.

• Like 1

I'd opt for seeing them as if they're an ally within 240 range. I don't know how you hide in someone's face. Unless you're using magic. But thieves don't use magic... right? Well they also teleport a lot meaning they must know space-time magic. They can also teleport other people... Elementalists why don't you have Invisibility and tons of space time magic? What kind of magicians are you? That guy over there with the dagger and hot topic apparel is outperforming you in magic AND can do back flips. Do better elementalists.

17 hours ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

You forget Mesmer

I won't say that's not balance since most of class can kill other under 1 sec, but why? 

And the patch force to shape mesmer play like that , it nerf bunker mesmer again and again.

He 1 shot u because you are running riffle and not sword shield. Make that trade off and all one shot builds landing on you is all your fault as the skill added to that weapon set is being a big problem for them

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I'd opt for seeing them as if they're an ally within 240 range. I don't know how you hide in someone's face. Unless you're using magic. But thieves don't use magic... right? Well they also teleport a lot meaning they must know space-time magic. They can also teleport other people... Elementalists why don't you have Invisibility and tons of space time magic? What kind of magicians are you? That guy over there with the dagger and hot topic apparel is outperforming you in magic AND can do back flips. Do better elementalists.

Thieves use shadow magic,  canonically. Likely because its less conspicuous. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Elementalists why don't you have Invisibility

dear sir, Elementalist do infact have stealth!  But i can guarantee you that 95% of the community dont know about this, and thus i am receiving alot of  "NICE CHEATS DUCKHEAD🦆"-messages ^_^

There is a smokefield on the Trident! you dip into the water, cast that field outside of the water and then blast it ^^

In WvW, everytime im getting chased and i cant win the fight, i dip into water, swim thru it and have my smokefield waiting for me on the other side to quickly vanish and bamb00zle my enemys.

most claim that i simply teleported away and they are gonna report me xD  (things like that why i dont take alot of "hacker accusations" seriously.       Even if you play for 10 years... there is still ALOT of things people dont know about.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Thief mains tried explaining it this way. Didn't work. People can't dodge/don't have object permanence. Don't assume they can now. Be fair~

Probably because -and I'm just spitballing- counting actually works against mesmer because they can't reset stealth forever.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Yea, the Power Coefficient nerf meteor was the final one shot in the existence of PvP Gw2. 

Welll.....     i think this one is actually still possible.... or did they patch it and i missed it?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Goldilock.2584 said:

He 1 shot u because you are running riffle and not sword shield. Make that trade off and all one shot builds landing on you is all your fault as the skill added to that weapon set is being a big problem for them

Yeap, that is a core mesmer which have the best shatter damage, a that mean it's not worthy to take any defence skill which won't keep it survive on team focused,  riffle also is a big problem since we don't have much choose, the sustain of chronomancer/holosmith both are ridiculous low , and next patch they gonna nerf bunker chrono let me feel extra bad,  there have some mes/engi hater keep barking "HOLO OP"/"MES ONE SHOT EVERYTHING", 15k burst on every class not a big deal, every calls can do that .

And there have a meme say "HOLO/CHRONO always OP on good ppl", when I watch floody stream( one of the best tool holo) and you can see it actually be farm by untamed/thief , and there have some other guy spamming mecha is a better untamed 🤣.

Don't get me wrong, untamed on the right spot, just let other keep up. 

I suggest buffer portal and sustain of chronomancer .

Edited by freakcoco.4287