mech rifle feels like...

Theocraft.6054

41 minutes ago, chronometria.3708 said:

It feels like there are several shots lost, not just the one. I am shooting twice and then a grenade - is the final burst attack now the *only* attack?

no that shouldnt be the case.. tested earlier and its working as per patch notes.. albeit took some time getting used to the new animation..

3 hours ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

Kits are here because they are part of the design of engineer..... and part of the reason why engineer has so few weapons to choose from. However, there is not a reliable ranged kit. Maybe if there was this wouldn't be that much of an issue.

I'll have to run the numbers, but tranquilizer dart may do more damage at this point, although it is only 900 range.

Severe doubt on that.

In addition, you are talking about using rifle in WVW of all places. The place with the most projectile hate in the entire game probably...

12 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Severe doubt on that.

In addition, you are talking about using rifle in WVW of all places. The place with the most projectile hate in the entire game probably...

Well I'm just referring to the listed damage. On my cele holo, tranq dart only does 48 less damage than the rifle 1 and grenade hit. Certainly on cele tranq is better, because it also does 344 of bleed if the whole duration hits.

9 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

Well I'm just referring to the listed damage. On my cele holo, tranq dart only does 48 less damage than the rifle 1 and grenade hit. Certainly on cele tranq is better, because it also does 344 of bleed if the whole duration hits.

Well if you are running some cele borderline tank build instead of marauder that's on you.

Edited by Infusion.7149

8 hours ago, Raap.9065 said:

So here is the issue; This isn't a balance change.

I'd wager most players are generally fine with balance changes in either direction. Mechs needed a nerf? Sure, I'd say most would be fine with a nerf.

But this patch wasn't a balance change. It was a double mechanical change;

1. Rifle handling was significantly altered to reduce weapon responsiveness, all to achieve... what exactly? If lower damage was the intended outcome, then reducing the damage would have been a fair balance adjustment. Instead, they opted to mechanically change the weapon and cause significant jank in the process. The rifle feels terrible now, when it instead could have kept the 3 round burst but with lower damage values.
  2. The 360 range mech change was a mechanical adjustment with the consequence of the mech being unusable in large crowd game modes as PvE and WvW. The mech AI is extremely volatile, it can leave that 360 range by simply pressing any movement key. So say you're doing a group battle, you walk forward -> the mech does what it always does and decides to move forward by going twice the distance you traveled -> now your mech is lost in a crowd of particle effects and name tags, and a bunch of identically looking mechs. What was the point of this change? If the intended outcome was a damage reduction, a flat reduction would have been fine... But this is just a mess.

So this is why my earlier comment also pointed out that GW2's balance team makes decisions from within the bubble of a specific game mode. They make changes that can work out alright in some modes but completely break specs in other modes, which goes well beyond of "a simple balance patch".

Players invest a lot of time, energy, and even real world cash into characters. A few balance tweaks won't deter most players, but a wrecking ball would.

Literally <40g to swap to a build not using rifle. The entire build runs full zerk+scholar rune so there is functionally no difference to any other power build gearing wise. To insinuate that it costs "time and energy and real world cash" is absolutely ludicrous considering it still is usable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Hahahahah, I kind of agree. I could never get into Holosmith, it always felt like a poor man's Warrior Burst skill.

Same for me. DPS hybrids have always been what I find most fun. 

You still get to race for high numbers, but you have other responsibilities to keep you engaged. 

It just feels... GOOD to get top DPS on a Quickness Scrapper, Condi alac Tempest, or Calac Mech. Especially when you're also performing your other duties well at the same time. 

Holo just does does damage and that's about it. Selfish specs don't resonate with me the same way. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Well if you are running some cele borderline tank build instead of marauder that's on you.

You do know power scales, right? Regardless of the power stat, the coefficent of rifle 1 is now almost the same as tranq dart... Even 0 condi would be enough to make tranq to the same as a marauder build

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

You do know power scales, right? Regardless of the power stat, the coefficent of rifle 1 is now almost the same as tranq dart... Even 0 condi would be enough to make tranq to the same as a marauder build

You know that kits don't use the same weapon strength right? Nor does tranq dart count as an explosion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Maaaan this nerf was ridiculous HEAVY, i spent some gold gearing to play rifle engi and now it gets this hard nerf TROLLOLOLOL!!!. Not even worth play rifle engi now =/.

I agree with the nerf cause it was way too OP, but this HARD nerf isnt fair. A good nerf would be just DECREASE A BIT THE ATTACK SPEED BUUUT... keep all shoots and NOT remove 1 shoot AND decrease the attack speed, seriously it sux now. If is to remove 1 shoot at least keep the attack speed.. because the way it look now feels like going back to the old days where noone use rifle on engi.

Also I think pistol needs a buff for attk speed preferable for all classes(specially for engi). I hope you guys fix this cause you guys just ruined rifle engi build now 👎😥.

Edited by China.5268
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

People that can't take a single balance patch aren't going to last long at all in this game.

Well, I play since beta, 40k+ ap, and played raids and fractals a lot. my main was a banner warrior, and I really, really liked it. But then they destroyed it… it was a sad day for me because I really enjoyed playing bs. And then I tried power mech. It was not the same but I start enjoying it. And it happend again..

I noticed few weeks ago they are gonna nerf it too.

Since they annonced it, I stoped playing. Don’t like all those changes. Let ppl play what they like. Don’t know if it is a short break or not, we will see

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, gert.7698 said:

Well, I play since beta, 40k+ ap, and played raids and fractals a lot. my main was a banner warrior, and I really, really liked it. But then they destroyed it… it was a sad day for me because I really enjoyed playing bs. And then I tried power mech. It was not the same but I start enjoying it. And it happend again..

Since they annonced it, I stoped playing. Don’t like all those changes. Let ppl play what they like. Don’t know if it is a short break or not, we will see

Well you can still play banner warrior and you can still play rifle mech. It isn't unusable it just is more annoying to play rifle mech. Banner warrior is now quickness warrior, it still is a support.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, gert.7698 said:

Truly a tragedy, don't know how anyone can possibly recover from that.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Literally <40g to swap to a build not using rifle. The entire build runs full zerk+scholar rune so there is functionally no difference to any other power build gearing wise. To insinuate that it costs "time and energy and real world cash" is absolutely ludicrous considering it still is usable.

Another weapon would not solve the broken mech AI and faulty design decisions.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1