Knowing Bugs/features about Firebrand since Patch

Zarri.1603

Just to have a list with the Bugs/Features, if have more, just let us know it.

WvW:

1.  If you are on a Mount your Pages didnt recharge (Go on Mount if you have all your pages)
  2. If you are dead, you pages didnt recharge (Maybe less a bug but nice to know)
  3. If on of your book are on "cd" (you get the red debuff) just go on a mount. The debuff disappears
  4. if you play a aegis build, to reduce the CD an F3, change it. The reduce has no impact for the new system. It does nothing.
  5. Indomitable Courage: the 30 Sec. for Stunbrake counts even you have the your Book an DC. So you dont get the Stabi, but the stunbrake if you go in F3

PvE

1.  If you are on a Mount your Pages didnt recharge (Go on Mount if you have all your pages)

PvP

1. Pages do not reset after you are dead in pvp. They also do not reset after the match.

If you have more, i will addit it.

Edited by Zarri.1603
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Zarri.1603 changed the title to Knowing Bugs/features about Firebrand since Patch

PVP Bug

Pages do not reset after you are dead in pvp. They also do not reset after the match.

You start the 2v2 match with 0 pages if your dead or you start the pvp match with not a full set of pages if your alive. You respawn after death with 0 pages.

The pages should be fully charged after every death and match.

Did they really fail to test this prior to release?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole rework is a Bug. Anet need to put it back the way it was ASAP, Throwing us a rework like this is ridiculous I even miss the flip over mantras, speed is not everything and it just being so conservative with this spec is just annoying and feels yuck to play i want my tombs back.I t played so nice before, I just dont get this,Not OP not master of all, It's called fun,in a game.(all classes are masters of there profession that is the point!)now i have to handle my tombs like they are glass with recharging LOL, what an amazing idea!, It already HAD conservation mechanics with page limits and tomb cool downs. I personally dont even want to do unpaid work fixing this Trash Mess by reporting on stuff they probably already know. This is a joke and hurting players that love this class for no reason.Could have easily worked out any top OP Dps or whatever was causing the balance issue without doing this to it.What is the point of guardian specs if you are going to be so conservative with them go all out and let us have FUN! Games hard enough and in large groups does it really matter?If players no what to do i can just stand there and they melt champs and legendary I already attack so slow with range weapons they usually die before i get a hit on it LOL and they are not Firebrands or guardians even so umm why the hard nerf anet? So angry about this it's my main character and spent all year gearing and now i am looking for which alt to make my new main because they are just more fun to play atm. I sorry but i want to love willbender but again current state it needs tuning and its new so i can forgive that, DH is only fun elite spec we have rn, Need a little more love imo and i appreciate the bumps recently but man after playing a class this long to feel so restricted in choice is not fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/30/2022 at 11:25 AM, Zarri.1603 said:

Just to have a list with the Bugs/Features, if have more, just let us know it.

WvW:

if you play a aegis build, to reduce the CD an F3, change it. The reduce has no impact for the new system. It does nothing.

You are referring to Tenacious Defense in Valor and it is still effective. Tenacious Defense reduces the cooldown of the Dormant Courage debuff (the 'red debuff'). What this means is that debuff will go away sooner, thus allowing other traits effected by the opening of a virtue happen sooner, i.e., Indomitable Courage. It is still working as intended but the only effect of Tenacious Defense is now reducing the cooldown of Dormant Courage so that Indomitable Courage will apply sooner and more often. It does not effect the tome itself, obviously, as there is no cooldown on the tome.

Edited by LadyHawk.5319

On 12/2/2022 at 6:47 PM, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

I was getting some cases where Swift Scholar didn't seem to trigger either. I would blast 4-2-1 and it it would leave me with 4 less pages than before. I was lagging at the time, so I'm not sure, if that was the cause, but a bug either way.

I think I know what causes this bug, since I normally do 2-4-5 and I leave tome of justice.

If I leave the tome midcast of 5 (it makes a lot of sense to do that input-wise, since its just a sequence for the input queue with no waiting), I don't get a page from swift scholar. I assume this is due to having left the tome, and the game "thinking" I didn't cast 3 subsequent tome abilities to give me a page.

Once I realized why I'm not getting an extra page and started waiting... it feels mega clunky. Not smooth at all (disregarding that the whole thing doesn't feel smooth).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1

Is it me or quickfire doesnt work neither , it only give the "ashe of the just " 1stack to the player not to allies ? or is the tooltip wrong ? i have tried it with allies ont the trainign golem , nor the buff appear , not the 1 stack fire occur.

Edited by zeyeti.8347

43 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Is it me or quickfire doesnt work neither , it only give the "ashe of the just " 1stack to the player not to allies ? or is the tooltip wrong ? i have tried it with allies ont the trainign golem , nor the buff appear , not the 1 stack fire occur.

The patch notes indicate that it only works on one character at a time now. It's a stealth nerf that they didn't put on the tool tip. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

The patch notes indicate that it only works on one character at a time now. It's a stealth nerf that they didn't put on the tool tip. 

Just like Renewed Justice. It's the stealth nerfs that kitten me off to no end. It feels like they want to hide something and that their intentions are not as good as they make it appear.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Oke , so condi fb and quickness fb are dead , cya firebrand ....

Technically they can still perform if you spend a few hours dissecting the patch notes, stealth nerfs, and seriously altering your Tome of Justice rotation down to 1 skill, but the outcome just feels awful in play. So, yeah, unless you like punishing yourself for numbers, they're dead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should add this bug to your list:

I started with full tome pages, entered into tome 1 to use Chapter 4 Scorched Aftermath, my tome pages were stuck at 3/5 indefinitely, it didn't recharge at all. The tome pages only started to recharge after I used up all the tome pages, or after I use a different tome skill. Easily replicated bug.

Seems like other players also experienced it: 

• Thanks 2