Queue Issues & Beta Announcement

Stonemist.4680

4 minutes ago, andrewobrien.1460 said:

it should be auto selected from last time i think

The guild selection, yes. But not the TEAM selection. That is a new addition thrown at us from nowhere with no direction from ANET. So currently we're left with an unknown requirement that may have allowed us to select something closer to "Alliances" than simple WvW Guild selection. Hello, ANET(echoing can be heard with no response).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

We get 2 days notice to coordinate 500 people who log on at all different times?    This is exactly the kind of  poor planning that got us where we are today, 5 years later and still no restructure.  Empty promises and last minute betas so you can use them to convince the masses that you are doing something.    There needs to be way more transparency , more attention to detail , and actual effort.  A schedule that is posted, actual thought put into a good plan , with the structure needed to keep folks on track.  Do better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, andymcollie.7602 said:

this wasnt even announced on the fall/winter roadmap, just dropped on us     https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-fall-and-winter-roadmap-2022/

It was kind of mentioned here (They just didn't give a date): 

"We're looking at hosting at least one more Phase 1 beta before the end of the year to test out the changes above. Phase 2 (alliances) is slated to follow early next year, barring any unforeseen complications. "

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123916-oct-14-21-world-restructuring-beta-recap

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, latlat.4516 said:

there was one for the last beta, and every one got it. You probably didn't pay attention to it before deleting it

Not that one. There was a new one sent out for this one. One of my alt accounts got it 22 hours ago, main account got nothing.

Edited by Silitha The Mystical.5480
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I'd rather see this than having a 2 week notice, to me it means they just got something working and need to test it to make sure it's ready for the next step. The more short notice things they do the quicker we might finally get alliances.

Or maybe they had this done already and just forgot to tell you when they wanted to test it

Edited by Jeknar.6184
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

We get 2 days notice to coordinate 500 people who log on at all different times?    This is exactly the kind of  poor planning that got us where we are today, 5 years later and still no restructure.  Empty promises and last minute betas so you can use them to convince the masses that you are doing something.    There needs to be way more transparency , more attention to detail , and actual effort.  A schedule that is posted, actual thought put into a good plan , with the structure needed to keep folks on track.  Do better.

There was an in-game mail sent out, although not everyone got that mail.  This was due to a bug.  They had already informed some people about the event from the mail, but was expecting everyone to get the mail.. not just a few.  So you can't blame them for being late on announcing it.

• Confused 7

For the people complaining bout team selection. At the start of the month they said your team selection is now a permanent fixture and in the guild menu.

You've had a month. They've reminded you 2 days out in case you missed the pre-patch announcement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

55 minutes ago, Floz.8904 said:

For the people complaining bout team selection. At the start of the month they said your team selection is now a permanent fixture and in the guild menu.

You've had a month. They've reminded you 2 days out in case you missed the pre-patch announcement.

But there was ZERO description of what we were supposed to do with it. Shoddy work at best. Another problem is what if too may select the same team? How about a guildie who missed selecting the team but still has the guild selected - will they end up with the right team? Both are valid questions with ZERO SUPPORT from the DEVS. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Floz.8904 said:

That's not accurate. They said that your wvw guild would be able to be selected from your guild menu.

The issue now is that we are seeing options to select both wvw guild and wvw team from the wvw menu. But it seems that the wvw team selection is an error on their part, as it does not remember your selection when you log out and it causes issues entering wvw after you've selected a team.

The wvw team selection is what people who have not opted into a wvw guild see once the beta begins. It's not a selection we have had access to prior to betas up until now, and for most of us who have participated in these prior betas, it's not a selection we'd have ever made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Floz.8904 said:

Link to that, please. And where did they let us know there would be a beta before the post about the "oh, by the way..." mention in the post about the WVW queues?

[This is wrong - Also, another beta during a festival? Didn't participation during Mad King teach them anything? Now we have one during the first week of Wintersday. Sheesh.]

Edited by Sarpan.9074
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

There was an in-game mail sent out, although not everyone got that mail.  This was due to a bug.  They had already informed some people about the event from the mail, but was expecting everyone to get the mail.. not just a few.  So you can't blame them for being late on announcing it.

I have at least 10 max level characters and NONE of them got an in game mail about it this time around. Nor did I get an email either. Even if the in game mail system was working, it would behoove them to ALSO make a matching announcement at the same time, so as to actually clearly inform as many people as they could. The only information I remember seeing from the post-beta recap news announcement, was that we could select our guild to wvw with from the guild panel (not just the wvw panel).

Also, I pre-emptively selected my guild and team, so that I wouldn't get caught at the last second unmatched like happened to me a couple betas ago, and now I can't even enter wvw at all. Can't even look at the first tab where you select the map to enter the mists. Can't undo it either. So much for the rest of my weekly wvw playtime. EDIT: Looks like going to character selection and back in allows me to enter wvw, by virtue of not remembering my Team selection

Edited by Poisonfrog.9812
added solution to be able to enter wvw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

The guild selection, yes. But not the TEAM selection. That is a new addition thrown at us from nowhere with no direction from ANET. So currently we're left with an unknown requirement that may have allowed us to select something closer to "Alliances" than simple WvW Guild selection. Hello, ANET(echoing can be heard with no response).

there is no "unknown requirement". Anet didnt tell anywhere that its theirs requirement that you do something with team selection but wont tell you what. so they told nothing which for you as a user means not to do anything with it atm. Simple as that. One rule using IT products: dont push random levers and buttons if you dont know what they are doing and you are not told to.

7 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

what alliance is it that you have 500 fix people for the betas? havent heared of any alliance who is in such high numbers yet. it would have spoken around and caught attention as wvw community is small, nothing happens without speaking around quickly.

more info to community has proven as not to be good as everytime community gets info people want to seek something bad in it. so why inform at all? I hope they dont say anything but just bring the betas and ask for feedback after. they even said this beta is more about new hud functions and background. what else do you need to know? one can clearly see every beta brings approach and now even new stuff. how can you say they just want to make "empty promises to convince people they are doing something" while one can clearly see approach every time?

I have strongly the impression here are as usual people making things up and exaggerating just for the sake of ranting off.

nobody brought any reasonable explaination of the claimed "organisation problems".

just curious that noone has yet claimed that he "gets forced to make a beta test" and that having to take part in a beta would be a "slap in the face" for him...

omg people get real and calm down and i hope you can find ways to relief yourselfes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Sarpan.9074 said:

Also, another beta during a festival?

Winter's Day starts December 13, so this shouldn't be a problem. I definitely like that there's another Beta, but this is really short notice and no idea what this "Teams" Section is for. I hope I'll be able to play with my friends.

16 hours ago, Stonemist.4680 said:

Greetings from the Mists!

We’re aware of the issues involving the WvW Queue at the moment and are looking into the issue.

And, while we have your attention, we’ll mention that the latest World Restructuring Beta Event begins on Dec. 2nd. This Beta will have more UI work and further behind the scenes work on automation.

Seeing you all in the Mists.

Floyd Grubb
Senior WvW Designer

Notice this short will split a lot of guilds up, I think - and that's even assuming it works as intended.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It was kind of mentioned here (They just didn't give a date): 

"We're looking at hosting at least one more Phase 1 beta before the end of the year to test out the changes above. Phase 2 (alliances) is slated to follow early next year, barring any unforeseen complications. "

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123916-oct-14-21-world-restructuring-beta-recap

exactly my point, they didn't give a date and not everyone looks at the forums regularly, 

1. they did give advance warning but no definitive date
  2. announced it via a thread that was about queue bugs and in game mail (which only a portion of players got due to a bug)
  3. didn't give enough time for guilds to contact and organise 
  • Like 2

Myself and those in my guild got no mail at all informing us of this beta. The only reason I even knew about the beta coming up once again was due to the data-mining results posted on Reddit.

This is way too short notice for people to prepare for the beta. There's going to be countless people screwed over as a result. We haven't even had half a weeks notice. Considering the beta is all about guilds and alliances over worlds it's pretty foolish to be pushing the beta tomorrow. Since the majority of guilds are likely going to lose out on somewhere between a third, to a half of their guild members who weren't online in the single day of notice that was given... Not to mention how the notice that was given was over on the forum. 🙄 Since, as I mentioned at the start. Not a single guild one of my guild members got the mail about this.

So you're gonna have pretty much every guild unable to get in the alliance they were planning. With all of those guilds running with half of their members. The members that didn't log in in the one day of notice will be screwed over for the following week. Though you're really just screwing over the entire guild since y'know... WvW is a team thing...

Oh and since it seems Anet has forgotten. I seem to recall we just had a major balance update? Or am I misremembering? Cause people are still in the process of reworking their builds 🙄😑

Seriously, you really need to delay this beta by a week at least. This is just screwing over everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1