WvW - Flamestrike Will Need To Be Nerfed. [Issue Resolved]

SleepyBat.9034

The hilarious thing about this to me is that Flamestrike was always good. 

I've got a buddy who I would occasionally queue up with. I'd give him quickness on my scrapper (RIP). He'd play Rabid/Undead elemenalist with fire/earth traitlines for maximum condi damage. 

Then he'd run around spamming flamestrike. 

Anyone inexperienced would run around panic dodging like someone actually caught on fire, then they would die. It was hilarious to watch. 

The old animation made it even funnier to watch because his character would put on the dumbest grin while doing the statue of liberty pose. 

This might turn into another engi rifle situation. A skill doesn't actually end up getting buffed, but the new animation makes people "feel" like it's stronger. So more people play it, it gets attention, inexperienced players complain, it gets nerfed. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I've got a buddy who I would occasionally queue up with. I'd give him quickness on my scrapper (RIP). He'd play Rabid/Undead elemenalist with fire/earth traitlines for maximum condi damage. 

Anyone inexperienced would run around panic dodging like someone actually caught on fire, then they would die. It was hilarious to watch. 

The old animation made it even funnier to watch because his character would put on the dumbest grin while doing the statue of liberty pose. 

This might turn into another engi rifle situation. A skill doesn't actually end up getting buffed, but the new animation makes people "feel" like it's stronger. So more people play it, it gets attention, inexperienced players complain, it gets nerfed. 

I have a build along these lines - dump a bunch of burns on someone, then spam flamestrike.  It's very much like a kill-shot warrior in WvW; you do it for the lolz when you nail someone, but you're not going to be captain-duelist with it.

I posted the wiki link earlier, and I honestly think it was a competitive nerf, pve buff more than anything.  People in competitive play should be moving out before the 2nd hit.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

>Ele gets a few buffs

>Genuinely still hard to play for 90% of players

>Still the least used class almost everywhere

>Alcatraznc: NERF ELEMENTALIST!!!!!! I DIED TO IT ONCE, NERF!!!!! I don't want people who put twice as much effort into their gameplay to ever win vs me 11111111ing!!!!

And what you just described recently happened to Rifle in for Engineer in PvP.

Funny how double standart works

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Okay I do not get the outbreak. Doesn't it do the exact same maximum potential damage as before, just a bit more potential aoe while less guaranteed single target?! Also the aoe is better avoideable as it seems to be more visible. How on earth is this considered a buff?! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zunki.3916 said:

Okay I do not get the outbreak. Doesn't it do the exact same maximum potential damage as before, just a bit more potential aoe while less guaranteed single target?! Also the aoe is better avoideable as it seems to be more visible. How on earth is this considered a buff?! 

Just the "usual skill level" of players throwing a tantrum when they get killed by something new...they already stopped dieing as you can see..so they stopped crying, even if scepter was buffed I can now confirm that it was buffed 10 years too late,...if you die to a scepter ele in 2022...you are simply.....yeah, that's all I can say on these forums lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• SleepyBat.9034 changed the title to WvW - Flamestrike Will Need To Be Nerfed. [Issue Resolved]
22 hours ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

I do more damage with my engi rifle auto attack than with the scepter on ele......

Stop crying....

If you are talking about wvw or pvp, that is totally made up.

Rifle burst does .165 + .22 coefficent for .385 combined.

Flame strike is .185 + .28 for .465 combined + burning

And it attacks far faster than rifle auto and no projectile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

You picked your arguments very selectively - forgot about new broken gear, dumb broken new especs, avalanche of reards for literally existing, QoL, etc.

Besides the harder content is attempted by minimal percentage of players and gives no amazing upgrade in rewards. So all in all the content needed to win is dumbed down. 

On 12/2/2022 at 7:26 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

fails me how someone get can get killed with a skill that does 160 strike dmg plus 300 dmg per second, suspect the panic kills them lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

fails me how someone get can get killed with a skill that does 160 strike dmg plus 300 dmg per second, suspect the panic kills them lol.

Quickness + might from pyromancer's puissance. He'll also do blast combos in fire fields to spike 25 might before a fight. 

It's  the burns that do them in. It's usually the thieves that die the fastest due to their low HP. 

We came up with the combo because his rabid undead ele is deceptively tanky against power damage, and low HP so it's easy to heal him to full. Meanwhile I'm there to heal, provide cover condis with pistol and e-gun, keep condis off of him, and give quickness. It's a funny meme strat, which makes it extra funny to me that flamestrike spam is getting attention now. 

Even with a pocket scrapper this really shouldn't kill anyone unless they panic. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:29 AM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

But dont you know ? Elementalist is the worst class in the game in every single gamemode. So much so Catalyst is now one of the best of not the best DPS in the game.

I think Elementalist needs more buff, I mean I saw someone not dying after I use Air Scepter 2 with a crit. It is innaceptable and it should die so fast it doesnt go into downstate mod. 

To be fair ele don't really have time to use more than air 2. Let's say that you try to fight against deadeye. He shoot you couple times while you cast dragonst tooth for example and you lost 80% of your hp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Quickness + might from pyromancer's puissance. He'll also do blast combos in fire fields to spike 25 might before a fight. 

It's  the burns that do them in. It's usually the thieves that die the fastest due to their low HP. 

We came up with the combo because his rabid undead ele is deceptively tanky against power damage, and low HP so it's easy to heal him to full. Meanwhile I'm there to heal, provide cover condis with pistol and e-gun, keep condis off of him, and give quickness. It's a funny meme strat, which makes it extra funny to me that flamestrike spam is getting attention now. 

Even with a pocket scrapper this really shouldn't kill anyone unless they panic. 

I think it may be all the other skills your partner in crime is using, with 100% burning/ 1100 condy / 1900 power / 25 might i do a mind melting / reality altering/ gob smacking ......200 strike, with 400 damage burn per second assuming ofc they have zero condy removal🙂 small rodents and crickets are ofc terrified.

Obviously in PVE secondary comes into it, but i do wonder how many actually realises secondary will hardly every catch anyone.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Haha 3