Battlefield..... BUT in fantasy way

Brodix.5214

Pepos, what do you think about WvW but in battlefield way, jets = griffon , tank=turtle etc. I just cant stop thinking about potential in air fighting. Sadly i dont think game have enought money to make that, but for the other side this battlefield fantasy dont need any story, just balance in classes and weapon. What do you think people? Will you see that in our favorite game?

• Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

There seem to be a fair number of players who do not like underwater fights so I don't see them taking kindly to the idea of aerial combat. There is only one exception I know of in WvW and its a rare one. On the Alpine borderlands there is a tower that defenders can glide into from their spawn camp. There have been times when I've been with squads attacking that tower and members of the squad have done their best to shoot down defenders gliding in. I don't recall if they were using ballistas or long range weapons but I do remember that they were very happy each time they managed to shoot someone down.  😅

As for tank=turtle, iirc there once was a developer comment about siege turtles possibly being brought into WvW at some unspecified future time. Given Anet's track record with WvW though, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

• Like 3

Like a new, huge wvw map in EoD style with kurzick woods and luxon jade sea area.

One can use turtles to destroy walls and barriers, flightmounts to drop explosives and all that.

the implementation of mechanist and the way engy rifle was designed before the balance patch showed actually that a big part of community seems to like this type of fast and easy to play fortnite type of builds and gameplay.

guildwars unknown battlegrounds. Battlefield, warzone.

this way a space for this type of gaming could be created to move the never ending cloudwars away from the other maps to revive roaming back to the smaller maps like ebg.

i recommend to add a poll to this thread and let people vote yes or no, to see what people want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I've never played Battlefield but I like the idea of more types of PvP and especially one that uses siege turtles, and maybe other mounts.

Maybe something like Fort Aspenwood in GW1, which would also have opportunities for players who aren't using mounts as well. FA was an asynchronous PvP map where one side was defending a base and the other side was attacking. The attacking (Luxon) side had siege turtles and the defending (Kurzick) side had juggernauts to counter them, but because it was GW1 they were both NPCs and players just had to defend them and fight each other with their normal skills. Maybe a GW2 version could have something like the ability to use the warclaw's lance skill to pull people off the siege turtle, with the first successful hit dismounting the gunner and a second one dismounting the driver.

I'm not sure how mounted aerial combat would work in GW2, since the mounts can't stay airbourne indefinitely. I think it would need a carefully designed map with a range of places to land/launch from for short sweeps over the enemy base. That could be interesting because then it would make those places both sides would fight to control, but it could just as easily end up with a situation where aerial combat isn't actually worth the trouble and gets ignored.

• Like 2

So, you'd want to split an already struggling WvW playerbase by adding another playground? I have to agree with Kharmin on this one. Plus griffons and skyscales don't actually have aerial combat capability, so all of that would need to be developed by the (supposedly) one person working on WvW  stuff. Yeah...no.

I mean I guess they can put in the air mounts, but it'll mean invisible walls to keep them out of objectives, which would screw with gliding unless they put up a one way walls for attackers only, or you can only use the air function in your own territory, which means only one side will ever be able to jump into the air, so no air combat. Or maybe they can designate camp objective territories as all fly zones, might be a problem in areas like swc/bay area. It could get messy.

The turtle is still possible, probably happen next year for skin sales boost.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:56 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

I don't know what that means but I'm pretty certain I'm not that.

Go watch Dragonball Z Abridged. The joke is that the character Raditz is so weak, his replacements could literally be grown in seconds by planting seeds on the ground. I don't know who you are, and I don't care. The point I was making was that no one is noteworthy.