Tag Watchers

jballstars.8219

7 hours ago, Daerth Riverstone.3218 said:

I've been paired to ViP before and what I noticed is they often play closed squads, don't recruit in wvw, nor do they respond to team chat or map chat to scouts nor to guilds who they could fight with as allies. Never seen a discord link or then advertising their raid starting, and half the time they think ppl are spying on maps on them when people just look at friends list from their mains so they go private tag. Seems to me ViP has a teamwork issue and is too exclusive for their skill level. Now I could be wrong but that was my experience being on the same link with them. Having an alliance with other guilds or trying to get bigger groups would probably help them out if they don't want to focus on the bigger issue of player skill. 

However I wouldn't be against people in wvw just showing "wvw" of some sort for anyone in a wvw map. Wouldn't bother me much. 

Not really sure what spitty is asking anet for though. 

We only play closed squad if we are close to squad capacity and want room for guildies, otherwise we do run open.  We have a WvW specific discord that is in our squad message whenever we run.   We do not advertise in team chat when our runs start or end because folks love to come que out maps with ALTS , as I stated in the original post.  We work fine with all kinds of guilds that aren't elitist toxic try hards who talk down, patronize us or name call.   You presume our skill level , and yet really only know what you have assumed here and all that was almost completely wrong.  It is these types of assumptions that most of the WvW community makes because they think PvE guild = trash.  It is offensive to think that some fool hardy , fun seeking adults, can be okay with training folks at their own skill level and be accepting of all.   Crazy notion I know but that is how we roll.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Can I give you a pro tip?

It isn’t wise to chase that fluffy white charr with your entire Zerg. The boys know your doing it everytime and absolutely chew up your entire back line.

hope that helps

obs

My backline is usually pugs, new guildies , and hard cases that struggle with that, and yeah that cloud gets em alot, but they won't learn otherwise and just as much as you think your pretty white charr is my objective it isn't we just love watching you stealth the entire fight and try to direct that chaotic cloud of hatred.   The double team with blue the matchup before the beta was pretty blatant, obvious and pretty pitiful considering you have the coverage and numbers you do.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jballstars.8219 said:

We only play closed squad if we are close to squad capacity and want room for guildies, otherwise we do run open.  We have a WvW specific discord that is in our squad message whenever we run.   We do not advertise in team chat when our runs start or end because folks love to come que out maps with ALTS , as I stated in the original post.  We work fine with all kinds of guilds that aren't elitist toxic try hards who talk down, patronize us or name call.   You presume our skill level , and yet really only know what you have assumed here and all that was almost completely wrong.  It is these types of assumptions that most of the WvW community makes because they think PvE guild = trash.  It is offensive to think that some fool hardy , fun seeking adults, can be okay with training folks at their own skill level and be accepting of all.   Crazy notion I know but that is how 

Spitty pls. Noone is Qing your map with ALTS. Noone cares that much about you when it is so easy to find you anyways. Perhaps these people Qing are just plain simple pugs or guilds running small closed tag. So your saying if a good guild tries to give you advice and you simple ignore, or assume you're right regardless the fact then they are ridiculed because your opinion and skill level doesn't align with theirs. And I do know your skill level because I've fought your group countless times with many variations of numbers. And I do know that if I had 10 you would bring your 40 and port bomb or run us to spawn simply because you have no morals in wvw and that is why you get chased by mag pugs and other blob guilds who are too lazy to fight a guild better then them.  

If you don't want to improve to others skill levels, then assume your game play and experiences will follow that suite...in a competitive game mode BTW. Idk if you've ever played a game of soccer, but if 1 team doesn't practice where the other one does, tries to innovate, and work on teamwork skills and communication skills, we all know who's gonna win

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

My backline is usually pugs, new guildies , and hard cases that struggle with that, and yeah that cloud gets em alot, but they won't learn otherwise and just as much as you think your pretty white charr is my objective it isn't we just love watching you stealth the entire fight and try to direct that chaotic cloud of hatred.   The double team with blue the matchup before the beta was pretty blatant, obvious and pretty pitiful considering you have the coverage and numbers you do.

#1 your entire guild is full of noobs and hardcases not just the back line.

#2 you chased me multiple times with 45+ half way around ebg. Nice try 💀

#3 I prefer fancy rather then pretty.

#4 in my 10 years of wvw I never once planned a double team lol.

#5 legend has it that your guild is just 4 people multiboxing. Because the other 41 of you have to be bots… right ?

edit ~ we also prefer to be called the happy cloud of love. Ty

obs

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029
Love
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

Tell me you are one of them without typing it directly , thanks for contributing that mind blowing perspective.

You're absolutely right on all accounts!

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Muh elitist, muh toxic, muh elitist toxic, muh tryhards, everyone who disagrees with me about anything or has a slightly different opinion is automatically a *insert whatever is convenient*. . . . A toxic elitist tryhard !

6 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

The double team with blue the matchup before the beta was pretty blatant, obvious and pretty pitiful considering you have the coverage and numbers you do.

I'm so confused.  I was in that matchup before the beta and we 1) didn't have Mag players with us and 2) there was no double-team.  I feel like I'm reading alternate reality thread.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

I normally find ViP because it will get called out in team chat. 

I would agree that Anet needs to do more, but I generally think its less of a problem than some people make it out to be, especially when your talking about T3-T4 NA. We're not tryharding to stop you from taking objectives - we're just finding you to fight you, and its usually a scout calling you out.

I think its generally a good thing to know if my friends are in WvW, I have a lot of the roamers on FA tracked as well as FA commanders (I am in FA) and if I see a bunch of them playing I'm more likely to also hop in. Knowing the maps they are on is also useful to me. I would agree that I shouldn't be able to tell what map an enemy is on, but I do not think its terrible if I know if an enemy is currently playing the mode. 

I also think that anet should do more to combat afk players sitting in spawn. You should be kicked if you are in spawn for more than a minute at 0 participation, with a 5 minute grace period for those freshly joined. Though I think participation does need some work (doing damage to players should count, even if you dont kill)

• Like 2

I understand the annoyance to some extend. But realistically people are only trying to find you because they want fights. No one is spying to win the match up. They want content and interacting with other players in WvW is the main fun(for most). If you don't wanna be bothered then you should go to EOTM or do PvE Metas

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Daerth Riverstone.3218 said:

Spitty pls. Noone is Qing your map with ALTS. Noone cares that much about you when it is so easy to find you anyways. Perhaps these people Qing are just plain simple pugs or guilds running small closed tag. So your saying if a good guild tries to give you advice and you simple ignore, or assume you're right regardless the fact then they are ridiculed because your opinion and skill level doesn't align with theirs. And I do know your skill level because I've fought your group countless times with many variations of numbers. And I do know that if I had 10 you would bring your 40 and port bomb or run us to spawn simply because you have no morals in wvw and that is why you get chased by mag pugs and other blob guilds who are too lazy to fight a guild better then them.  

If you don't want to improve to others skill levels, then assume your game play and experiences will follow that suite...in a competitive game mode BTW. Idk if you've ever played a game of soccer, but if 1 team doesn't practice where the other one does, tries to innovate, and work on teamwork skills and communication skills, we all know who's gonna win

My friends call me Spitty, its jballs to you.  Tons of guilds alt que out maps, OP, MAGS, the boys, IE, and quite a few more , I digress you said good guilds.   You have fought us?   All I remember is [bed] running away per fight guild tactics, we only portal bomb so as to not frighten you,  no morals as we defended?   You hear yourself?   We have training once a week, and I have played organized sports, its where I learned my sportsmanship.  Also where I learned to stand up for myself, and take no stuff from anyone.   Due to the toxic nature of WvW our turnover is or can be higher than Willie Nelson, but our core continues to train and fight for the casual player in this mode as the try hards to gaslight, bully, name call , and make us out to be some sort of plague for being here.  I accept my guilds casual nature , I don't accept underhanded tactics that you want to dismiss , yet you are just as guilty of if not even more while paired with Maguuma.   We don't spawn camp though , never have, never will, now I know one of my tags gave Maguuma a taste of the spawn camp , and they went right to reddit and whined.

• Like 2

Demon Puppet, you aren't wrong that some just want fights, I like fights and don't shy from them unless drastically outnumbered, then we adjust and do our best.    I can accept losing just fine, just not the underhanded tactics.   I do plenty of PvE metas , and training in EoM< but thanks for the cheap shot to let me know where you stand, maybe I should make fake guild tags to harass other people like you did to ViP many moons ago, do better , be better than the toxicity.   We been doing WvW for 5 years now, I don't need acceptance from any of you try hards attempting to stifle my voice with your rhetoric.   It didn't stop me then it won't stop me now.

Edited by jballstars.8219
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Daerth Riverstone.3218 said:

I've been paired to ViP before and what I noticed is they often play closed squads, don't recruit in wvw, nor do they respond to team chat or map chat to scouts nor to guilds who they could fight with as allies. Never seen a discord link or then advertising their raid starting, and half the time they think ppl are spying on maps on them when people just look at friends list from their mains so they go private tag. Seems to me ViP has a teamwork issue and is too exclusive for their skill level. Now I could be wrong but that was my experience being on the same link with them. Having an alliance with other guilds or trying to get bigger groups would probably help them out if they don't want to focus on the bigger issue of player skill. 

However I wouldn't be against people in wvw just showing "wvw" of some sort for anyone in a wvw map. Wouldn't bother me much. 

Not really sure what spitty is asking anet for though. 

Yeah this is more an example of talking about things you obviously have no clue about.  

It's always amusing how some people like to act like some people aren't doing as well or "they need to work on player skill" when nobody is complaining about winning or losing.....yes you could always work on just "getting a bigger zerg" but that's not really relevant to anything and not even relevant to the post.

"I could be wrong"...when the reality is literally everything said was incorrect....

• Like 1

It's kinda weird that a allegedly carebear game like this one allows one way friends. Or a blocklist with social features (???). It's bad design no matter how you look at it.

It's just really dumb all around and somewhat typical of Gw2 to leave features very half baked.

It's a good thing most of the people that stalk me are cool, but that's just my luck.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It's kinda weird that a allegedly carebear game like this one allows one way friends. Or a blocklist with social features (???). It's bad design no matter how you look at it.

It's just really dumb all around and somewhat typical of Gw2 to leave features very half baked.

It's a good thing most of the people that stalk me are cool, but that's just my luck.

I agree. I super dislike that random people can follow me and I have no say about it. At least make the friends list or followers list a request that I have to approve. If someone I met in LA and I bonded over transmog and they want to follow, and they request, then great I see it and bam, approved. Even a toxic game like World of Warcraft I get to have approval control over who friends my characters/account.

2 hours ago, Stash.8401 said:

I think it's pretty lame when people will leave an active map to go to an empty one just to kill tower/keep lords. If you want to karma train go to EoTM, Avoiding fights with 20+ people is pathetic.

No one is avoiding fights but thanks for completely missing the point.  

Edited by jballstars.8219
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jballstars.8219 said:

No one is avoiding fights but thanks for completely missing the point.  

I personally don't see an issue seeing where a group went if you're PvP focused. If you're looking for combat and a group is avoiding you, you want to find them.

Avoiding EBG is actually avoiding fights though. :classic_biggrin:

• Confused 1

Seems like quite a few people responding aren't addressing the original point of the thread, a lot of going off point.  I don't know about the history, and all these things others have said, but I don't think they are really relevant to the thread.  I agree with the original poster.  Players should have more control over who sees them in the game, and the follow list could use some improvement, or eliminated all together.  What is the purpose of it?  Is there really a need for it?

Tag hunting is just horrible, and I think it is bad for wvw, because I think it discourages people from being a commander.  I saw a VIP group today, without a tag, someone who normally has a commander tag, someone my friend and I have occasionally followed around.  A very sad thing, indeed.  Not only does it impact those guilds, it impacts many other people, as well, new people, small guilds, ect. 

Ps, I think it is bad sportsmanship to tag hunt.

Edited by HeIIica.2945
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alsandar.7420 said:

Regarding Mag, this whole notion that Mag doesn’t tag watch… Mag players repeatedly come and pull all of our tactics. Mag players will also sit in our keep and make golems. So I’m 💯 sure mag watches tags. 

Yes but so does sos bg and countless other servers

1 hour ago, HeIIica.2945 said:

Seems like quite a few people responding aren't addressing the original point of the thread, a lot of going off point.  I don't know about the history, and all these things others have said, but I don't think they are really relevant to the thread.  I agree with the original poster.  Players should have more control over who sees them in the game, and the follow list could use some improvement, or eliminated all together.  What is the purpose of it?  Is there really a need for it?

Tag hunting is just horrible, and I think it is bad for wvw, because I think it discourages people from being a commander.  I saw a VIP group today, without a tag, someone who normally has a commander tag, someone my friend and I have occasionally followed around.  A very sad thing, indeed.  Not only does it impact those guilds, it impacts many other people, as well, new people, small guilds, ect. 

Ps, I think it is bad sportsmanship to tag hunt.

The only reason people "tag hunt" is because guilds will wipe once and leave the bl to hit empty towers or keeps. People simple try to find the fight and alot of the time it's just a  roamer calling out a group they see in team chat and people respond to it