Tag Watchers

jballstars.8219

11 hours ago, Stash.8401 said:

I personally don't see an issue seeing where a group went if you're PvP focused. If you're looking for combat and a group is avoiding you, you want to find them.

If youre much smaller or your intent is to build numbers, it is possible it is more constructive to do something else than smash heads against group you can't beat on open field. Even possibly look to fight a third group. Not all commanders get map queues, but there are certainly self centered servers and guilds out there that chase any group down.

Lets say enemy guild outnumbers you by 10 people or blob by 30, would you still be allowed to "look for other fights"? Of course the "winning side" that is one pushing you thinks the fights are decent and loot is good, since they finally get some wins, but does the losing side have to suffer until they hate life and lose even more players?

4 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

If youre much smaller or your intent is to build numbers, it is possible it is more constructive to do something else than smash heads against group you can't beat on open field.

Sounds like a skill issue.

When I was a commander I didn't care about tag watching and I liked it if people were looking to come fight my group because I enjoy fighting. I wasn't afraid to take 20-25 guys and fight a map queue. Even if we wiped sometimes it was still fun to see what we were capable of as a group and how/where we could improve. When you did wipe the map queue it was exhilarating and would greatly boost moral. I would encourage my group to never lose moral because that's what kept us strong and on our game.

The only people who complain about tag watching are literally those who want to go to empty borderlands and take towers/keeps without being harassed. Champ bags can also be obtained in EoTM  without being hassled or even in some of the PvE maps.

I am on Maguuma and we literally never have a tag, it's just one big cloud. Though people always pull our tactivators, build troll golems, repair walls while their being trebbed....whatever you think the trolling may be, every server has it and its unavoidable.

To put it simply, if you don't want to PvP........don't play WvW - it's a PvP game mode.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 12/8/2022 at 6:23 AM, jballstars.8219 said:

Why does ANET continue to allow tag watching to be a thing?  Followers should have to be approved.   Furthermore followers should not be able to see our location while we are in WvW.   My followers list is way too long to go through and block every alt, tag watching try hard.   Nor should I have to , turn that off in WvW.   We shouldn’t have to go offline to avoid the cheaters.   If it isn’t tag watching , there are other try hards who use alt accounts to sit on maps and keep an eye on us.  Are they that bent on winning that this all seems acceptable?  Guilds like mine who don’t play the game this way are ridiculed, lambasted, called names, bullied and hunted.  I welcome these try hards to try and chase us off , almost 5 years they haven’t yet. Alts que’ing our maps by guilds we are matched up against,  FairPlay is becoming more and more rare.   No game is this serious , nor the rewards that great to try this hard, yet they do it and at the expense of others every day while the FairPlay folk suffer and are persecuted by elitist toxic try hards. 

• Confused 1

If you are the ViP driver, first of all, thank you for the fights, it's been challenging and a lot of fun!

I haven't seen anyone using an alt to spy on where you are going. People genuinely enjoy fighting you and your guild and there is a lot of reporting in /m and /t of where you are. If we lose sight of you we ask in /t and there are people on other maps looking for you.

It's unusual for mag to bother chasing to other maps, we did it purely because it was a lot of fun.

I'm not saying this isn't a tactic that gets used. We just haven't against you as far as I have seen. It tends to get used against organized groups who use tag watching themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Celsith.2753 said:

If you are the ViP driver, first of all, thank you for the fights, it's been challenging and a lot of fun!

I haven't seen anyone using an alt to spy on where you are going. People genuinely enjoy fighting you and your guild and there is a lot of reporting in /m and /t of where you are. If we lose sight of you we ask in /t and there are people on other maps looking for you.

It's unusual for mag to bother chasing to other maps, we did it purely because it was a lot of fun.

I'm not saying this isn't a tactic that gets used. We just haven't against you as far as I have seen. It tends to get used against organized groups who use tag watching themselves.

I doubt that you are from Maguuma since you are actually showing some class and sportsmanship here. Everyone knows that Maggots have none and are a detriment to the health of the WvW game mode.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Celsith.2753 said:

Thank you for the kind words, nice to know there are some  cool people on MAG.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Stash.8401 said:

Sounds like a skill issue.

When I was a commander I didn't care about tag watching and I liked it if people were looking to come fight my group because I enjoy fighting. I wasn't afraid to take 20-25 guys and fight a map queue. Even if we wiped sometimes it was still fun to see what we were capable of as a group and how/where we could improve. When you did wipe the map queue it was exhilarating and would greatly boost moral. I would encourage my group to never lose moral because that's what kept us strong and on our game.

The only people who complain about tag watching are literally those who want to go to empty borderlands and take towers/keeps without being harassed. Champ bags can also be obtained in EoTM  without being hassled or even in some of the PvE maps.

I am on Maguuma and we literally never have a tag, it's just one big cloud. Though people always pull our tactivators, build troll golems, repair walls while their being trebbed....whatever you think the trolling may be, every server has it and its unavoidable.

To put it simply, if you don't want to PvP........don't play WvW - it's a PvP game mode.

Stash , our skill level varies, and I guarantee that you have never seen a million dollars , but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.    We deal with a lot of underhanded tactics, and the fact you are on the very server trying to defuse my post by saying such things is blatantly obvious.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:22 PM, jballstars.8219 said:

We are easy to predict because the only spot we can come out is spawn, Mag in fact spawn camped on every map except our home.   Our KDR was so low because the pugs ran into them, and we definitely melee ball vs the cloud, but we move just fine.  We could just stay on our borderland to avoid the camping but we aren't dwelling on the KDR and giving in to Maguumas bullying tactics.   That KDR is such a small aspect of the game and yet folks love throwing that out as the end all measurement of success in WvW when there are so many contributing factors.    We do WvW for the comradery and the fun, the fights and the laughs.  Maguuma and others HAVE to validate themselves , cheat , and use such underhanded tactics as tag watches and alt que's because they couldn't otherwise stay relevant.

KDR (kill death rate) is the most important in WvW imo

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

Stash , our skill level varies, and I guarantee that you have never seen a million dollars , but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.    We deal with a lot of underhanded tactics, and the fact you are on the very server trying to defuse my post by saying such things is blatantly obvious.  

Don't talk what you don't know. Nobody tag watches you, it's consistently called in team chat. Stop crying about it.

EoTM will wipe your tears away

• Sad 1

It is funny how people find ways to defend their degenerate acts.

"Its your fault you don't have enough people so we deserve to farm you"

"New player? Just get farmed by us until you get good. Don't like it? GO PVE."

"WvW need no strategy, just open field smash heads together"

"Hehe, just copy me and don't log in unless you already have 40 people on voice comms"

"I transfer every 2 months with my stacked community, and man we farm!!! Why are you stupid and don't transfer with us too?? I am big carry btw"

"I only play guild raids and have never commanded, I have no clue whats going on but let me call OP snowflake anyways"

It would become near impossible for these guys to maintain human communication if they had to actually ask enemy server player where they are. Allowing this kind of act run rampant is reason WvW is dying and has devolved into a logout siesta.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course you will find everything a bit in WVW, you will remove the toxic but above all you will find honest gocatori, who love the pvp of this mode and want to have fun with other people.

To return to the topic of the post, we must admit that even a surprise attack has its importance, so great scouting and great to make sure that the enemy can not know where you are through the list of friends. We could let you know if you are online or not, without knowing which map you know on. I thought about this topic in the beta week, for when we have alliances, how will it work? I have filled the 5 slots of guilds I can select the one I want. I see the ciat of all 5 when I want. Based on what I select, I recognize the yellow dots on the maps and know where the players are. For the beta I selected only one of these 5. But I could see anything of the others. Who knows what they predicted to avoid wild espionage.

Don't talk what you don't know. Nobody tag watches you, it's consistently called in team chat. Stop crying about it.

Cause you know it all and defuse it by name calling , or labeling it crying .  It’s a thing my dude , and this is me calling it like it  is my dude ,  you can go watch another thread if ya don’t like it. 

9 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

It is funny how people find ways to defend their degenerate acts.

"Its your fault you don't have enough people so we deserve to farm you"

"New player? Just get farmed by us until you get good. Don't like it? GO PVE."

"WvW need no strategy, just open field smash heads together"

"Hehe, just copy me and don't log in unless you already have 40 people on voice comms"

"I transfer every 2 months with my stacked community, and man we farm!!! Why are you stupid and don't transfer with us too?? I am big carry btw"

"I only play guild raids and have never commanded, I have no clue whats going on but let me call OP snowflake anyways"

It would become near impossible for these guys to maintain human communication if they had to actually ask enemy server player where they are. Allowing this kind of act run rampant is reason WvW is dying and has devolved into a logout siesta.

lol, ikr. SMH.

Hello! Welcome to the forums! And your proof that they are wrong is what exactly? Hi. Roamer scout here who tracks and reports on zergs and agree that they are scouted quite often. So glad you are sure you have no alt-spys that play on your server, though when teamed with you I have seen your chat say that they were doing that. I am sure no one has ever reported your server of hacking, absolutely sure there after all this time on the forums. Hi·lar·i·ous. Sorry Maggummybear but no, not up for it today. 

24 minutes ago, jballstars.8219 said:

Cause you know it all and defuse it by name calling , or labeling it crying .  It’s a thing my dude , and this is me calling it like it  is my dude ,  you can go watch another thread if ya don’t like it. 

I do want to say thanks. For once I don't have to defend Mag. Though still not found that middle ground in preventing people from using the friends for positive and negative uses. As Chaba pointed out and I agree with it is a useful way to coordinate with other groups without actually using chat. To your own point you also don't want it not be to used to help draw more numbers in if people need them. Havoc player here so that works against me but its a fair ball. Its an interesting riddle when trying to think of a coding solution.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

Aside from "tag watching" what underhanded tactics are you talking about. Because the tag watching while I get it, is so miniscule. Honeymoons ALTS have been reported so many times and it seems he never gets banned so idk that anet really  cares that much. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2022 at 4:46 PM, Evenge.4067 said:

I doubt that you are from Maguuma since you are actually showing some class and sportsmanship here. Everyone knows that Maggots have none and are a detriment to the health of the WvW game mode.

Nobody's denying we have no class or are a detriment to the game mode

45 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

I try to be carbon neutral but I can't hold my breath that long :{

Strategy:
1.) Tell the EB spawn campees who can't find another exit that Mag enjoys toxic things like  breathing a lot.

2.) They'll stop breathing out of spite because who wants to be a meta slave. **

3.) Ask them how, assuming they have brain cells left. (unlikely)

** Warning: Do not actually do this.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

44 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Strategy:
1.) Tell the EB spawn campees who can't find another exit that Mag enjoys toxic things like  breathing a lot.

2.) They'll stop breathing out of spite because who wants to be a meta slave. **

3.) Ask them how, assuming they have brain cells left. (unlikely)

** Warning: Do not actually do this.

Will try this tomorrow