Mini Siege Turtle Hatchling?

At first I thought it was https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Newborn_Siege_Turtle_Hatchling

But I have done that achieve and don't have the mini unlocked.  Googling, I see a number of Reddit posts from last March wondering the same as you, with no answers given that I can find and no discussion newer than April.  One theory is it's a very rare drop, another that some vendor somewhere has it.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

At first I thought it was https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Newborn_Siege_Turtle_Hatchling

But I have done that achieve and don't have the mini unlocked.  Googling, I see a number of Reddit posts from last March wondering the same as you, with no answers given that I can find and no discussion newer than April.  One theory is it's a very rare drop, another that some vendor somewhere has it.

Well, at least now I know it's not linked to the strange diet collection.  Hope someone finds it

• 5 weeks later...

I wish Anet made all the EoD miniatures, such as Mini Turtle Hatchling etc, available for purchase from Heart Vendor, Trading Post or Gem Store or even Achievements. Some you can buy from Hearts but not all and some you can see on Miniature tab but not in Store anywhere.😕

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There's 6 End of Dragons minis which appear in the mini tab but have no known acquisition method:
* Mini Siege Turtle Hatchling
Mini Kirin
* Mini Corrupted Jade Behemoth
* Mini Void Brandbeast
* Mini Void Emberknight
* Mini Void Vinetooth

All we know for any of them is that they're in the mini tab but no one has found them in game. Apparently they don't show up in the API, meaning no one has gotten one, it's not just that they haven't updated the Wiki.

It's possible they're very rare drops from events or chests in EoD, but if that's the case I'd say the drop rates need to be increased because at least some should have dropped by now, even if they're hidden something relatively obscure. When I was trying to find the mini kirin I did Valdhertz Crypts at least once a day for a month (sometimes I had to do it multiple times to get all the chests). Each time I saw at least 2-3 other people there and often more leaving when I came in and entering after me. That's an entirely optional mini dungeon which is only accessible after completing an achievement so I suspect it's less commonly completed than most things in EoD and that should still be enough activity to get the rarest drops at least once. (I'm not saying the mini kirin does come from there, just using it as an example that I don't think the problem is 'no one plays EoD enough to get rare drops'.)

The other possibility is that for some reason they were never actually implemented. The models were created and set up as mini pets but they were never added to a drop table somewhere. That happens every so often, two examples I can think of are the paper-bag helm skins and the mini snake. I don't know why that happens, but if that's the case I wish they'd fix whatever is wrong with these minis and make them available. I'd especially like to get the mini kirin for sentimental reasons.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

There's 6 End of Dragons minis which appear in the mini tab but have no known acquisition method:
Mini Kirin
* Mini Void Brandbeast
* Mini Void Emberknight
* Mini Void Vinetooth

All we know for any of them is that they're in the mini tab but no one has found them in game. Apparently they don't show up in the API, meaning no one has gotten one, it's not just that they haven't updated the Wiki.

It's possible they're very rare drops from events or chests in EoD, but if that's the case I'd say the drop rates need to be increased because at least some should have dropped by now, even if they're hidden something relatively obscure. When I was trying to find the mini kirin I did Valdhertz Crypts at least once a day for a month (sometimes I had to do it multiple times to get all the chests). Each time I saw at least 2-3 other people there and often more leaving when I came in and entering after me. That's an entirely optional mini dungeon which is only accessible after completing an achievement so I suspect it's less commonly completed than most things in EoD and that should still be enough activity to get the rarest drops at least once. (I'm not saying the mini kirin does come from there, just using it as an example that I don't think the problem is 'no one plays EoD enough to get rare drops'.)

The other possibility is that for some reason they were never actually implemented. The models were created and set up as mini pets but they were never added to a drop table somewhere. That happens every so often, two examples I can think of are the paper-bag helm skins and the mini snake. I don't know why that happens, but if that's the case I wish they'd fix whatever is wrong with these minis and make them available. I'd especially like to get the mini kirin for sentimental reasons.

I wonder if this is another Final Rest issue.  There was a massive thread of player's trying to figure out how to get it.  I don't remember exactly how it was resolved, but I think it was on the developer side.  I can't find the link of the original thread, but here's a reddit post referring to it.

Anyways, I hope there's some clarification from ArenaNet about these minis before people waste too much time on something they can't get (if that's the case).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Mini Kirin
* Mini Void Brandbeast
* Mini Void Emberknight
* Mini Void Vinetooth

I'm willing to bet that Kirin and the Siege Turtle Hatchling minis are somehow a part of the Kirin HP and the Turtle Legendary Fish collections. Both were absolutely broken at launch. I'm willing to bet that anything connected to them is also broken.

As for the void minis, they are based on the mobs that spawn in the final room in the Trial of the Elders mini dungeon. This was also broken at launch. I bet the loot table is either absurd or broken when adjusted to spawn weaker bosses based on smaller group size. Maybe a drop that is only possible when you fight the champion versions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 10:22 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Mini Kirin
* Mini Void Brandbeast
* Mini Void Emberknight
* Mini Void Vinetooth

I'm now thinking this was the case, because 3 of these (the void minis) are now available from the new map and are specifically mentioned in the announcement as new rewards, even though they've been in the game's files since EoD launched.

Hopefully the siege turtle hatchling, kirin and corrupted jade behemoth will get an acquisition method added in a future update.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would be nice if Mini Siege Turtle Hatchling was aquired either from Trading Post, Heart Vendor (near where the juvenile pet turtles are) or achievement. If it gets aquired by achievement it would be nice if it was similar to how one get the Mini Materialized Shrine Guardian Infant.🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Would be nice that if we got, Mini Siege Turtle Hatchling, then it could either be single Mini Siege Turtle Hatchling or a collection such as the Mini Green Raptor Hatchling or an Achievement etcetera. And where one could either buy the mini from TP or craft for collection or achievement.🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

Are they still not around? D=

They don't even appear in the wardrobe anymore and the chat codes just give a message saying "cannot link from this location". I have no idea why but it looks like Anet have no intention of adding them to the game.

It's not the first time this has happened, not even the first mini pets. There was a mini snake available during the original beta tests which was removed later, and a Mini Charr Warrior still shows up on the TP (if you turn off 'only show available') which has never been obtainable.

• Like 2