Seems more fun if you could swap builds during conquest matches

Sovarica.4368

Yeah, something I really like about 2v2's and 3v3's is that after the round they let you swap builds which makes it more fun and diverse.. so couldn't they implement a build swapping option for conquest rather than staying with the same build the whole match something that could probably give relief to the match staleness

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

If this would exist. they have to regulate how often you can swap or they have to enforce their "Boon clean on template swap" to also clean boons from other peopel affected by you.

You could also quickly swap to EarthAurashare tempest, give everyon in spawn maxstack protection and swap back. You will loose the protection while swapping but others will keep it.  

Same can be done with a maxstack swiftness...       Im smelling possible abuses.    

For Example, a Ele can swap to a template with sceptre at spawn, Cast rockbarrier and then swap to normal template.  ->>> Free 250 Toughness. 

But i agree....  Getting rolled by 2 condiclowns in 2v2,.... then you swap to FireAurashare, to completly hardcounter both... so they have no chance of winning now whatsoever...... is fun......   for everyone that has so much flexibility in his build.

I was against this idea.... But..... fk it 😄 pvp is dead! Every change is welcome.  If they somehow regulate possible abuses i am all for it.  Gimme that Buildtemplate swaps!

Edited by Sahne.6950

This would acutally make more sense than in the mini season. In the mini season it already feels so painful to play ... cause of the more imbalanced matches. Then you have ti wait for people to click ready ... and then even another hidden delay until it moves you to the ... another 10 seconds befor the next round. Immetiately restarting with no build swap ... would be better.

In conquest it should be allowed when in spawn (after being killed). With maybe a recall option to respawn at the spawn manually. To make it a bit more strategically/tactically interesting: Add a timer to people that make changes. Before they want to swap something  (or moving back to spawn with a special action key) ... at a 1 minute delay or so. (Can alreay be a long time compared to the normal spawn time.) Then even if they quickly just change 1 or 2 skills (no traits or other complicated stuff) ... or use a template to quickly swap a lot - there will be a downside to it.

Imagine being ahead ... and then swapping do defensive style to bunker on some point. 😄 Could feel like soccer where some players can be exchanged to play more defensively towards the end when you have 2 goals and the other team none.

Personally I'd prefer if there was even a swap of professions (as long as you "own" a different character - char slot created and builds there) ... without havinvg to log to char select screen. And maybe like this ... 3 or 5 different "loadouts". (Builds with possibly different professions that you can make before the match. While able to switch between those - but not able to make any other adjustments.)

I mean: Shooter games ... you have the sniper, the medic ... assault guy, heavy arms guy and stuff. Can change after getting killed. (At least in the few shooters - the matches were hotjoin - that I played ... I liked this.) Could lead to less disconnecting/afking - if you can try something different ... instead of getting bored when the enemy happens to perfectly counter your build/team. Even if it was only for "fun" trying something different ... would still be fun then.

Edited by Luthan.5236

26 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Personally I'd prefer if there was even a swap of professions (as long as you "own" a different character - char slot created and builds there) ... without havinvg to log to char select screen

Sadly gw2 Engine doesnt allow this.   I think....

9 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Eww no. I would just brainlessly reroll to whatever hardcounters the enemy the most. I'd never push myself to actually improve... just maximize cheese. Hard pass.

But then they reroll to counter your counter, which forces you to adapt again. That dynamic requires a) critical thinking and b) competence with playing multiple builds/play styles. That absolutely WOULD push you to improve.

27 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

But then they reroll to counter your counter, which forces you to adapt again. That dynamic requires a) critical thinking and b) competence with playing multiple builds/play styles. That absolutely WOULD push you to improve.

No it wouldn't. I have 28K matches played, I multiclass, I already know what counters what. People who do not have experience with every class on every build would have a hard time, because every veteran they'd ever meet would counter them, while people like me could see a sharp decline in how challenging PvP actually is.
Or as you said, the match could devolve into a reroll(retrait) fiesta. Which is... why would anyone want this again? If I feel like playing rock-paper-scissors, I'll just get another human with working limbs.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

No it wouldn't. I have 28K matches played, I multiclass, I already know what counters what. People who do not have experience with every class on every build would have a hard time, because every veteran they'd ever meet would counter them, while people like me could see a sharp decline in how challenging PvP actually is.
Or as you said, the match could devolve into a reroll(retrait) fiesta. Which is... why would anyone want this again? If I feel like playing rock-paper-scissors, I'll just get another human with working limbs.

I kind of agree with this. The people on our team that we WANT them to alter their builds, simply wont do it anyways. And half the time players in unranked are on a bad core class to begin with. So the people who would get the most benefit out of this change would be vet players who knows how big of a difference a single trait change can make, let alone multiple trait changes.

That said I wouldn't mind a SINGLE trait change + one weapon change after the 3rd death...and only once per game. That would make things interesting mid game, IMO... but Anet would never incorporate something like this.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Thanks 1