No downstate event

Neukku.5713

On 1/6/2023 at 10:44 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

We had a golem week what about an ac week? seems some servers kicked that off early... 🥴

AC Week!

lol! Defensive siege is the mini game in the game my friend. Its a matter of building it when you can expect it can be used since you know it won't be refreshed these days and be gone in an hour. So build fast before the expected assault and expect it to be gone before the other side arrives. 🙂

When stating in map chat remember to refresh if you want to keep def siege, have had players ask in the past, what do mean refresh? Still remember when guilds would claim the right to defend, now its more, what's a scout? What do you mean refresh?

50 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

No downstate is one of the best times to play ele.  The radius and damage on staff generates tons of kills, and it has plenty of utilities to not die.

Yeah, everyone knows that. Just sayin, when they do finally tip, they can't do that mistform bs. 😉

1 hour ago, Custodio.6134 said:

People that don´t know how to dodge, positioning properly and use stunbreaks: "NOOOOOOO, no downstate bad, this sucks!!!11"

People that know how to dodge, positioning properly and use stunbreaks: "hmmm yes, more lootbags for me"

So you're saying everyone thinks no downstate is bad?

• Confused 1

For me it should be permanent

Mine is a roamer point of view, but in those rare times that I have moved in blobs I have only noticed that the downed state is practically useless in that case.

As I said I'm a roamer and often find myself in outnumbered situations, and especially when using reaper I feel like I'm being punished for being able to take someone in downed state in these situations.
Downed state damage and effects for most classes are unfair and the others players can revive the downed one in less time than a stomp and even outheal the damage when you try to cleave (especially rangers, as if they weren't already among the toughest classes to take down in small scale situations). This, while taking massive damage in case you're not play one of those overpower and safe classes/builds.

Currently the only good thing I can think of about dowed state in WvW is for duels. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Definitely AC week for Mag

Can't even get them all in the screenshot

I'm sure this many AC's are needed to fight 10 guys at spawn.

While Mag can be looked down on for a lot of things, this is even more Yak's Bend things. Somewhere along the line that server became obsessed with siege.

When we got them earlier in the split I remember taking Hills and there were twelve golems scattered around inside. Only about six people, but twelve golems. And it's not like they were trying to waste supply, they were there from before...

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 10:53 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

100hp health. 
No thieves.
Everyone naked. 
No dodge. 
No thieves.
No doors but all objectives have sentry.
All skills are now single target.
No thieves. 

There are so many options!

I'm disappointed this list didn't end in "fox only, final destination"

5 hours ago, Greviathan.6107 said:

Mine is a roamer point of view, but in those rare times that I have moved in blobs I have only noticed that the downed state is practically useless in that case.

As I said I'm a roamer and often find myself in outnumbered situations, and especially when using reaper I feel like I'm being punished for being able to take someone in downed state in these situations.
Downed state damage and effects for most classes are unfair and the others players can revive the downed one in less time than a stomp and even outheal the damage when you try to cleave (especially rangers, as if they weren't already among the toughest classes to take down in small scale situations). This, while taking massive damage in case you're not play one of those overpower and safe classes/builds.

Currently the only good thing I can think of about dowed state in WvW is for duels. 

I'm surprised to see this, from someone roaming on reaper. Downstate is a really good time for you to capitalize and get multiple kills and punish res attempts, assuming you're running a high-damage reaper.

6 hours ago, Tryfan.1457 said:

While Mag can be looked down on for a lot of things, this is even more Yak's Bend things. Somewhere along the line that server became obsessed with siege.

When we got them earlier in the split I remember taking Hills and there were twelve golems scattered around inside. Only about six people, but twelve golems. And it's not like they were trying to waste supply, they were there from before...

Except it looks like that when we're not linked with Yak's Bend too.  To be fair, what is shown is what some consider "properly sieged", and there is nothing wrong with siege.  But, this isn't because "Yak's Bend", unless they all have mag alts and are setting up the metric tons of siege we use when they aren't linked to mag.

14 hours ago, Greviathan.6107 said:

Line up duels where you can set up parameters for each other before hand. Downed states skills needs to be changed and there needs to be no Rally, but that feature in general is good for team play and really the only people who seem to have a serious problem with it are trying to one shot base-to-blob runners who aren't ready for it. Most people can take out a gimmick build and take someone down outnumbered, that's the usual gamble with gimmicks or playing glass. That's your build decision though. If you want to secure kills, take a team and maybe a team build. 

• Like 1