EU Reset 06/01/2023

ConorT.5396

Typical Conor, bragging about how he farms 1.5 hours in SM clouds while server KD always sinks even more when a TALE lead is ongoing. (which btw is even more impressive if ya take the fact that he does this at midnight, with full zone against less enemies).

Talking about loosing this week while also farming points just doesent make sense... and every time he gets called out for things that doesent make sense, its back to insulting and feeding his own delusions.

2 minutes ago, xCloudx.4071 said:

alking about loosing this week while also farming points just doesent make sense... and every time he gets called out for things that doesent make sense, its back to insulting and feeding his own delusions.

Ah, I see all of the trolls have come out to play now. Here is the guy that pretty much everyone on the server has blocked because all you do is sit on tower walls & freecast while talking complete non-sense in team chat. Awesome, once again another valued opinion from someone who provides so much to the WvW community!

Forum Mod - you may as well close this post now, I got my answer.

The matchups didn't change because the WvW linking system is more under-developed than I thought & you didn't spend the time to add a tie-break feature.

I have my answer, otherwise this post will just be a place for no-lifes to feel relevant. 

Edited by ConorT.5396

7 minutes ago, ConorT.5396 said:

The matchups didn't change because the WvW linking system is more under-developed than I thought & you didn't spend the time to add a tie-break feature.

Incorrect.  Matchup structure has nothing to do with the linking system.

There's no real reason for there to be a tie-break feature.  Using something like warscore would've always favored off-hours.  Victory Points/skirmishes was a change meant to tone down the value of off-hours.  Would've been a move in the wrong direction to tie-break on it.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

Incorrect.  Matchups have nothing to do with the linking system.

There's no real reason for there to be a tie-break feature.  Using something like warscore would've always favored off-hours.

Well, whichever way you look at it - a tie ends up in aNet just letting the matchup re-roll with no changes making content extremely stagnant for 4 servers. 

Not getting into the argument of "Bug or Feature" - its just good enough to add it to the list of stuff that aNet have neglected in WvW. 

• Thanks 2

Well, memes and pasta throwing beside, he made a good point about people leaving because of that exact behaviour. People will get fed up with that childish attitude and simply quit, since what's the point in trying to fight when enemy constantly have x3 your numbers and just ganks 24/7? These problems goes for a lot of servers currently, ganking, cheesing, spawn killing, outnumbering and many others.
There's 0 reason to play when you encounter it.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

Been like that since 1u1d was implemented.

Yep...  According to:  Game updates/2017-06-20 - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

"If there is a tie for last, no world moves down, which also means no world in the tier below can move up (as there’s no room). Similarly, if there is a tie for first, no world moves up, which prevents the next tier up’s last-place world from moving down."

What I don't understand is why SFR became red and AG became blue?

I thought that a tie would preserve the relative positions of the tied teams.  In this case, SFR was green last week and should have at least remained positioned ahead of AG.

35 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

dunno, but probably overall warscore of the match? (i don´t know the scores of that matchup tho)

There was also something strange that happened, where the scores didn't reset until 20 mins past reset. So people could still see the previous matchup scores.

I think the system itself just had a brain fart overall - because as I said, the match wasn't a draw if you take into consideration the last skirmish, there should have been 1VP difference. 

Brainses in WvW

[Episode 874]

Tier 2

Team blue is outnumbered by the other two teams.

Team red to team green: “Hey, lets ally vs. the team that is already outnumbered!”

Team green: “For the lulz!!!”

Meanwhile at Tier 1

Team green is outnumbering each of the other two teams.

Team blue to team red: “Hey, lets ally vs. the dominating team and send them one tier down.”

Team blue internally: “Let’s log off for a week.”

Team red internally: “Let’s log off for a week.”

. . .

after a week, players return for reset . . . and . . . surprise ! 😏

🤡

PRICELESS 😝

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, enkidu.5937 said:

Brainses in WvW

[Episode 874]

Tier 2

Team blue is outnumbered by the other two teams.

Team red to team green: “Hey, lets ally vs. the team that is already outnumbered!”

Team green: “For the lulz!!!”

Meanwhile at Tier 1

Team green is outnumbering each of the other two teams.

Team blue to team red: “Hey, lets ally vs. the dominating team and send them one tier down.”

Team blue internally: “Let’s log off for a week.”

Team red internally: “Let’s log off for a week.”

. . .

after a week, players return for reset . . . and . . . surprise ! 😏

🤡

PRICELESS 😝

One of the biggest aNet trolls in WvW history. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ConorT.5396 said:

One of the biggest aNet trolls in WvW history. 

Hmmm, I responded cause I was online half an hour ago in T1. We defended one of our towers vs. Deso, made our kills, attacked their tower and were clouded by 100 and their 2nd accounts but still made some kills. So we jumped to our home and took hills back against a dozen of green drones.

We had a random com without voice chat, Deso propably didnt even had a com. Both teams did a lot of clouding and natural teamwork. Nice content for my daily. 😉

• Confused 1