Legendary Armor "Battle Mode" switch suggestion.

Biziut.3594

I would really like to have something like a toggle for legendary armor, so when turned on, your armor won't go into "battle mode" after you grab your weapons. To spare resources I would be even satisfied with some simple recipe to craft simplified version of this armor without "battle mode" after you unlock normal version of it, or even more simple to just dump on everyone simplified version once you acquire normal one.

Reason for it is that I really like medium lege armor skin, but only when it's not turned into that big skirt that make my charr twice more wider than he is.

What are your opinions on the matter?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Support this, it's in line with other similar armours/items as well (e.g. the Mistforged set, turning off trinket effects, and the two versions of the Virtual Box headset).  Probably easier to just unlock a second "slumbering" set of the armour to wardrobe than implement a specific toggle?

While we're on the subject, would anyone object to them removing the massive spike on the back of the light chest piece that clips through back and shoulder pieces and points directly at your characters head 😂?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Oh i would Love this so much. Then i would eventuelly build also the medium and heavy armor because i Like parts of them, aß Long as they are Not in Battlemode xx. Esspecially the medium pants are so horendous. I don't know what it is that medium-classes Always have to wear tranchcoats(or strange skirts in this Case) ...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

The enormous combat mode effect from medium legendary PvE id exactly why i regret making the heavy version. 

😞

You regret making the best heavy armor skin in the game*? 🤨

Edited by Sobx.1758
*yes, this is completely subjective, "don't @ me" :D
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 1/11/2023 at 10:58 AM, Ashen.2907 said:

The battlemode design is why I didn't bother pursuing raid armor when I was invited to a static group.

Legendary Armor is free to Transmute so it really doesn't matter which one you obtain in terms of visuals because Raid Armor is the only one with a unique design. The PvP and WvW Armor don't have unique skins they just use the ascended skins of the armor used to make them.

2 hours ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Legendary Armor is free to Transmute so it really doesn't matter which one you obtain in terms of visuals because Raid Armor is the only one with a unique design. The PvP and WvW Armor don't have unique skins they just use the ascended skins of the armor used to make them.

Yeah, I have since obtained all three weights of legendary armor from WvW.

12 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

My disappointment was immeasurable and my day ruined when I crafted my first lege medium armor, just to see it turning into metal skirt.

I struggle to understand how some people apparently manage to craft legendaries without seeing how they look beforehand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I struggle to understand how some people apparently manage to craft legendaries without seeing how they look beforehand.

I don’t care their look, they are free to skin, I made them to freely choose everything and it's free copies for any equipment slot of every char.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 2