Hero points challenges

On 1/23/2023 at 7:52 AM, Nightcore.5621 said:

For expansion hero point challenges I wish there was a way to do them alone. Is not that i complain there people always to help u but sometimes u just want to try the challenges alone with out help and there are no option to do that. It would be really cool with an option so only u can fight them maby in a private instance or something.

Do fractals, dungeons, DRMs solo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taara.3217 said:

Do we have any clashes with real-time map with activating Personal story independant instance ?

I don't have statistics on how the population is affected when a player enters a personal story in Queensdale, but that misses the point.  That player probably won't enter the personal story over and over and over and over again unlike players who might want to do a solo HP challenge, especially if rewards are involved.  I'd wager that this would have a more detrimental effect on map population than personal story instances.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

Yes, you are right in about HP. I meant not only HP, but all champs related context.

This thread is about hp points. If you're talking about just soloing champions, there's plenty of places -including, but not limited to, instances- to do it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This thread is about hp points.

Something wrong with my posts? As it was related to more general concept of soloing bounties in independant map's instance I just mentioned about it, that's all.

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you're talking about just soloing champions, there's plenty of places -including, but not limited to, instances- to do it.

Thank you)

Edited by taara.3217
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, taara.3217 said:

Something wrong with my posts? As it was related to more general concept of soloing bounties in independant map's instance I just mentioned about it, that's all.

This thread is about "soloing hps". Scalacious responded to this thread with "Can't you just do that at a time of day where not to many players are online? Or maybe on a map instance that is just about to be closed." which is clearly responding directly to OP, talking about soloing hps. You then respond "in general it's not a solution". When asked why, you said you're not talking about hps. So what was "wrong with your responses" is that you either thought you're in a different thread (like the one you've made yesterday) or you just completely disregarded what the initial response by Scalacious was responding to (which was OP, which -again- is about soloing hps).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Considering that after all the content nerfs and powercreep most HP's (save for a handful) are bursted down in pretty much 10-20 seconds solo with a decent build - and it's fairly easy to find an opportune moment to do that, it's probably not a great investment to build the infrastructure to facilitate that specifically. 

And as other's said, it is an MMO after all - and while I would agree that GW2 is missing some tailored content/infrastructure for challenging solo play (while just some group content, such as Fractals and DRM CM's can be repurposed that way), what GW2 is missing above all else is content for players to actually come together, communicate and coordinate and actually play together in, rather than just alongside. 

So even if Anet were to invest into actually creating content (which, especially looking at Raids, Fractals, Dungeons, Guild Missions, etc., they clearly aren't), I'd want that to be plenty of group content first - before investing into any more avenues for players to disappear from the game alone somewhere. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Has OP tried sending a message /map or even just /say saying politely that they want to solo the hero point so please don't join in?

Just an idea.

Problem there is they show what they are doing and people who want to ruin their day will go there just to have fun.

And you cant really say this guy is helping me and I dont want that in the open world so there is nothing to report.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:30 AM, garkos.2973 said:

This thread has derailed and should be closed.

The answer: hp are soloable (yes even in eod)

Discussion over.

Ps: don t try to do them with raid builds.

Thats the whole problem. U cant do them solo cuz there always people around that jump in and help you even if u dont want help. Sometimes u just want to do things on u own

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

Thats the whole problem. U cant do them solo cuz there always people around that jump in and help you even if u dont want help. Sometimes u just want to do things on u own

What you're looking for is a single player game with a challenge. May I suggest Elden Ring

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Realmjumper.8432 said:

One thing you can try to do is type /map (your message) and try to find other players to group with. Also the GW 2 companion has meta times for Android phones which shows you timers on Metas. 

Isn't that the exact opposite of what the OP wants (i.e. to have the opportunity to solo HPs)?

3 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:
On 1/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, Freya.9075 said:

What you're looking for is a single player game with a challenge. May I suggest Elden Ring

Havin 39920 achiments on my main u talk to me like i dont know this game ᕙ⁠(⁠ ⁠ ⁠•⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠•⁠ ⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕗ

Expand  

• Confused 1