I'm about to make my very first legendary armor set, and i'll ask you.

Peter.3901

Even if my main is an ele, I would probably do medium armor.

My ele is perfectly fine with one set, sigils and runes and never feel the need to change them, same with the guardian that I always play healbrand. But I have a ranger and a thief and with them I like playing different styles (druid and untamed or daredevil and spectre and so on) and I always struggle with these two, so I'd probably make medium in my case.

I know this thread is old,(thought it was older *shrug*) but meta shift or playing wvw allot on a class that uses a specific type would be the things that will matter in the long run outside just being able to flex that u have the armor and free reskins. Also how many toons and builds you will use of that class type. Nothing else will matter for which is best imo.

On my light toons now that I dont wvw w Mirage anymore I Just run Zerker and Viper's on them. On heavy I run Diviner's, Zerker, Viper's depending. On med I run harrier's, viper's zerker, ritualists. Doesnt matter much. Some day u will want all 3.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I know this thread is old, but meta shift or playing wvw allot on a class that uses a specific type would be the things that will matter in the long run outside just being able to flex that u have the armor and free reskins. Also how many toons and builds you will use of that class type. Nothing else will matter for which is best imo.

On my light toons now that I dont wvw w Mirage anymore I Just run Zerker and Viper's on them. On heavy I run Diviner's, Zerker, Viper's depending. On med I run harrier's, viper's zerker, ritualists. Doesnt matter much. Some day u will want all 3.

You made me look if this tread had been necro'd. Is this thread old? 🙂 A lot of people are coming at it from a PvE view, agree Leggo gear for WvW will save a player time and frustration if anything more than a medium sized amount of skill changes occur since they will not feel the need to have to remake another set of gear. It also allows for quick in game theory crafting with no cost which is rather nice. Hence build it out on the classes you might play or have the most of, especially if are an alt-o-holic with a lot of toons. Value just goes up from there.

12 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You made me look if this tread had been necro'd. Is this thread old? 🙂 A lot of people are coming at it from a PvE view, agree Leggo gear for WvW will save a player time and frustration if anything more than a medium sized amount of skill changes occur since they will not feel the need to have to remake another set of gear. It also allows for quick in game theory crafting with no cost which is rather nice. Hence build it out on the classes you might play or have the most of, especially if are an alt-o-holic with a lot of toons. Value just goes up from there.

Yeah I have allot of toon slots and its nice to be able to gear them out etc. I was just trying to remember when I only had one legendary armor set (was before armory) and was thinking about how on my pve toons I generally dont change them much unless we get a meta shift that alters what they are good at or should use. Ultimately I like having each type and a set of runes and sigils so I can just try things and look at stats and see what I can tweak. I wouldnt say I rly need that for pve but its cool to have and fun to flex.

2 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Yeah I have allot of toon slots and its nice to be able to gear them out etc. I was just trying to remember when I only had one legendary armor set (was before armory) and was thinking about how on my pve toons I generally dont change them much unless we get a meta shift that alters what they are good at or should use. Ultimately I like having each type and a set of runes and sigils so I can just try things and look at stats and see what I can tweak. I wouldnt say I rly need that for pve but its cool to have and fun to flex.

So one day ago is considered old now?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Yeah for theory crafters the armory was an amazing release. Have found for some people until they tried it they didn't really get the impact and for those late starters have found the common reply of 'why didn't you point this out more' lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My main class is Guardian (2 DH, 3 FB). I know I know, people looking at me weird now because I have 5 Guardians, but the point is that I have character concepts and those concepts include things like race and as such I have multiples of most core classes. 

But I also found that with 3 Revenants and 1 Warrior, I also have the most characters with Heavy armor, so that's what I did first. And Light armor is the next one to get with 7 characters wearing light armor and the remaing 3 are in medium armor.

So bottom line is that my main wears also my most used armor type (Heavy). I'm currently working on my Light armor set (almost got my 4th piece), but I'm not sure if I'll get medium. I have one of each class but I never really was a fan of the medium classes in any game. So that's just a personal preference.

But the reason why I picked the most used first is also because then the most characters of mine can use it. For me it's more about the Legendary Armory allowing all characters to use legendary items, rather than the stat changing.

• Confused 2

My first choice was light armor because that covered the classes I used the most at the time.

Nowadays if I had no leg armor set and had to choose I'd go with either heavy because guardian is still very versatile and I was using that a lot before I started taking a break.

Any time I made a legendary anything I decided by figuring out how many classes and builds that I currently play would make use of it. Like necklace/backpiece/rings/accessories+runes/sigils were top priority because everyone can use them, etc.