earthen rush and burning speed changes

Khalisto.5780

On 3/31/2023 at 9:01 PM, Coldtart.4785 said:

If you wanted these skills to be more controlled in where they land why not make them ground targeted like with Specter's leap? Moving through a target with burning speed has been a core part of dagger ele gameplay since day 1.

It has always been a pain in the kitten to hit moving/dashing/stealthing targets and the majority of times you were forced to use LF+burning speed to hit skilled opponents, way lower pressure than now and this is why the change is good. You can literally de-target and you're back to dashing through pve mob.

Ground target Burning speed? This must be the worst idea that I have ever seen in GW2! D/D ele has been high APM since launch...and you want to destroy it, there are hundreds of players who have never set foot in killing mob areas since they bought the game

P.S once again PvErs trying to keep ele in 2012  as they tried with scepter changes

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 2/4/2023 at 5:51 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

if you could make this change pve only it would be the best, but still, I don't know, this is too much of a instanced content update

I mean, those were super fun to play in pve

In pvp going to the back of your enemy is super nice or just use it as a kiting skill

It feels really bad overall

Please revert this changes, now main hand dagger is unplayable in pvp.

And dagger abilities need serious buffs... fire 1, 2, 5, earth 2, for example, need to be stronger. Fire 2 should have more hits per second, fire 1 is too weak, specially if going condi, fire 5 is a joke, earth 2 is bad for pvp considering bleeding isn't that impactfull on pvp.

And I understand and agree with the changes for Soothing disruption and Conjurer, but now those traits clearly need compensation buffs.

Edited by Spartan Phoenix.9053
  • Like 3

On 4/9/2023 at 6:51 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

It has always been a pain in the kitten to hit moving/dashing/stealthing targets and the majority of times you were forced to use LF+burning speed to hit skilled opponents, way lower pressure than now and this is why the change is good. You can literally de-target and you're back to dashing through pve mob.

Ground target Burning speed? This must be the worst idea that I have ever seen in GW2! D/D ele has been high APM since launch...and you want to destroy it, there are hundreds of players who have never set foot in killing mob areas since they bought the game

P.S once again PvErs trying to keep ele in 2012  as they tried with scepter changes

I've played D/WH Tempest in PvP since it was introduced and I can tell you, these skills are never used to "hit" targets. They were used to evade attacks and to get away from enemies while dropping damaging fields that makes chasing you risky. If anything, seeing them as a hit skill is a point of view a PvE'er would have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Worst experience is D/D weaver : earthen rush and burning speed stop you, but not mud slide and steam slide. So by habit I still turn the camera after earthen rush/burning speed and waste the other slide without hitting anyone.
Really good design; 3 months Dagger mainhand is garbage.

• Like 3

I used to play dagger tempest quite a lot in wvw, but stopped once they made this changed.

I tried it again today and it's hilarious just how bad this change made dagger set be.

I could live with the changes to fire 3 and earth 3 if they had ONLY made them stop when you hit a target, but no, they nerfed the range to 400 or so, making it useless as an evade even if you don't have a target selected. You probably get 1/2 to 1/3 sec evade now instead of 3/4.

Easiest fix is a to do a competitive split. No one wanted nor wants this in wvw.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So obviously the change to dagger was made because they don't want ele using it anymore. I've been putting up with this change ever since its completely thoughtless implementation. I want to know who asked for this change. I've never seen anyone say anything about it until suddenly 1 day its changed. I feel like there has been plenty of feedback on how bad this change is and yet here we are coming into the next big balance update and there is still no reversion or rework for this skill in mind. If only we were engineers. anet listens to engineers.

Highly disappointed

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...