I lost to an Ele, it should be nerfed!!!!!

Crab Fear.8623

I did lose, but...

I don't feel like I really have any chance to fight back.

A class needs to be one thing, not everything.

DPS...means no tanking, no healing, no invuln.

TANK means no DPS

HEALING MEANS none of the above.

How hard is that?

Really, how hard is that to understand?

Choose a single role for ele to excel at, not all.

Drink less water, and add a little more electrolytes.

It will help with brain function.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7

What build were you playing? Do you know what kind of elementalist you were fighting against? Do you know what weapon(s) they were using?

What's your experience with PVP, are you a seasoned veteran, or maybe you're a newer player? If you play ranked, how easy is it for you to get into the top 100 (or close to)?

There might be people here who can help you beat them. I main elementalist. I know how they can be beaten.

Edited by Barnesy.5839

19 minutes ago, Barnesy.5839 said:

What build were you playing? Do you know what kind of elementalist you were fighting against? Do you know what weapon(s) they were using?

What's your experience with PVP, are you a seasoned veteran, or maybe you're a newer player? If you play ranked, how easy is it for you to get into the top 100 (or close to)?

There might be people here who can help you beat them. I main elementalist. I know how they can be beaten.

I will answer.

But, do you honestly think elementalist is balanced compared to rest of the game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Barnesy.5839 said:

I'm pretty sure this is satire. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I will answer.

But, do you honestly think elementalist is balanced compared to rest of the game?

Yes.

I would consider myself to be a very skilled elementalist. I've mained ele since GW2 launch, and I PVP almost exclusively.

When I play against highly skilled players (of all professions), we are typically quite an even match. The gameplay, combat, and interactions between each player is fantastic.

Most people I play against though are not highly skilled. It's easy to spot the mistakes they are making, and it's easy to kill them.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

39 minutes ago, Barnesy.5839 said:

Yes.

I would consider myself to be a very skilled elementalist. I've mained ele since GW2 launch, and I PVP almost exclusively.

When I play against highly skilled players (of all professions), we are typically quite an even match. The gameplay, combat, and interactions between each player is fantastic.

Most people I play against though are not highly skilled. It's easy to spot the mistakes they are making, and it's easy to kill them.

:J *

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
*that opinion has been the standard response to every "nerf this obviously overperforming thing" thread since 2012 and it has never worked. See you on the chopping block.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Barnesy.5839 said:

Yes.

And since it's such an even match and ele is so balanced in pvp, we started seeing 5 cata in tournament and every match there are 2+ ele.

Makes sense

• Like 2

I thought Thiefs are gods now, because they have received a massive buff with Steal.!?

okey that was rude... im sorry....

adding to the discussion:  realistically speaking... the nerfs have hit Cata....

But the Ele nerfs have not touched the build that i am playing. But alot of other builds have been nerfed. I can now win fights for example against Top spellbreakers, that i would previously loose.

Its stronger than ever! Thanks Anet.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I thought Thiefs are gods now, because they have received a massive buff with Steal.!?

Nah we're just happy we can port far enough on daredevil to play glassier builds without getting deleted -before- we get to an opponent 

Not that it was enough. They still nerfed tricks in exchange for signet buffs nobody will use because...well just look at em, and all the mitigative skills require 50% to 80% of your init per use. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

adding to the discussion:  realistically speaking... the nerfs have hit Cata....

But the Ele nerfs have not touched the build that i am playing. But alot of other builds have been nerfed. I can now win fights for example against Top spellbreakers, that i would previously loose.

Its stronger than ever! Thanks Anet.

Who said I was on thief?

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

Letz say ...... ele is over all balanced but then cata is coming and snaps his Finger to get everything ele could do but do it better and since then claps every other class aside xD

i think you dont yet realize that Tempest is currently stronger than Cata.

i dont think anyone has realized that yet xD

press confused if you dont agree with that... but i am dead serious right now.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i think you dont yet realize that Tempest is currently stronger than Cata.

i dont think anyone has realized that yet xD

press confused if you dont agree with that... but i am dead serious right now.

Not trying to kitten on your opinion but I hardly doubt that

FA cata is still an A tier teamfighter, duelist and roamer

I think you play an earth/fire/tempest build, you can be a better duelist than cata right now. But you're at best an A tier teamfighter and a B roamer

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I think you play an earth/fire/tempest build, you can be a better duelist than cata right now. But you're at best an A tier teamfighter and a B roamer

Thats a statement i can get behind.

When i say Tempest is stronger, my only point of measurement is "who wins the 1v1" 😅  Because since the patch hit FACata is a very easy matchup for conditempest. But... i am not taking into consideration what kind of role needs to be filled in spvp. Your spot on there.

Cata might fit the role better, but i think its a strong point when there is literally just a single build in the game that is able to reliably stop you... and thats a atleast equally skilled Spellbreaker.

Most of my games i win, by just sitting at the enemys homenode and there is very little they can do against that. I just dance and kite around the node wasting everyones time, while my team does the rest.

Edited by Sahne.6950

Tempest is easier so higher chances of success. But catalyst is more versatile. 

Scepter Cata was more fun when no one knew about it. I remember steamers trying to kitten on me cause I was playing it closer to EOD launch. 

But now everyone's playing it, boo 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 7:44 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I did lose, but...

I don't feel like I really have any chance to fight back.

A class needs to be one thing, not everything.

DPS...means no tanking, no healing, no invuln.

TANK means no DPS

HEALING MEANS none of the above.

How hard is that?

Really, how hard is that to understand?

Choose a single role for ele to excel at, not all.

Drink less water, and add a little more electrolytes.

It will help with brain function.

Everyone complaining about elementalist when guardian is op and all roles since 2012...haha

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Elementalist
    • One with Air: Reduced superspeed duration from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.
    • Elemental Epitome: Reduced duration of Shocking Aura and Magnetic Aura from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.
    • Rock Barrier: Reduced resistance duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.
    • Elemental Celerity: Increased cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.

well well..... Another FA Cata nerf......

Edited by Sahne.6950