Some Silverwastes achievements involving the Vinewrath Champions are impossible?

9 minutes ago, Shark Riding Raptor.7392 said:

I've been attempting for a few days to get the achievements: Covered in Bees, Don't Look Now and Jump Up To Get Down. They require the bosses to do a specific thing during the fight. However they always die before they do so.

Are they bugged? Or is there something else going on?

Powercreep, too much dmg around. Saw someone do the covered in bees achievement recently -but there was no huge zerg on the map and they specifically asked in chat to leave the boss alive for a bit so they can get that achievement. So doesn't seem to be bugged, you can try at lower activity times, while specifically asking people to take it slower. Keep in mind they can still not care, so don't expect it to work right away.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

No, just need to be playing with people who not too good(one burn the boss) but also not too bad(everyone dies before getting to the mechanic).

Covered in Bees is the easiest of those since it only requires progressing the meta and starting the fight. Even doable solo(just stick to defending one fort) but it will be quite slow.

Joining one of the groups in LFG that is farming SW would not be a good idea since those will probably kill everything too fast.

Edited by Khisanth.2948

38 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Powercreep, too much dmg around. Saw someone do the covered in bees achievement recently -but there was no huge zerg on the map and they specifically asked in chat to leave the boss alive for a bit so they can get that achievement. So doesn't seem to be bugged, you can try at lower activity times, while specifically asking people to take it slower. Keep in mind they can still not care, so don't expect it to work right away.

Should those bosses have their HP buffed as a fix?

36 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

No, just need to be playing with people who not too good(one burn the boss) but also not too bad(everyone dies before getting to the mechanic).

Covered in Bees is the easiest of those since it only requires progressing the meta and starting the fight. Even doable solo(just stick to defending one fort) but it will be quite slow.

Joining one of the groups in LFG that is farming SW would not be a good idea since those will probably kill everything too fast.

Generally even random instances without a LFG raid kill them too fast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shark Riding Raptor.7392 said:

I've been attempting for a few days to get the achievements: Covered in Bees, Don't Look Now and Jump Up To Get Down. They require the bosses to do a specific thing during the fight. However they always die before they do so.

Are they bugged? Or is there something else going on?

Its simply they die too fast, I think maybe anet should adjust the fight like they did the one in wayfarer foothills so the boss isnt killed in seconds and people can get the achievements . I cant get it either so you are not alone. Honestly I think this needs to be moved out of player help forum, this is something that has to be adjusted by anet. They die too fast and never complete the cheeve

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Confused 3

Sometimes less players is worse because of scaling. Often 5 players will kill a champ or leggy much faster than 50. Not sure this actually counts for vinewrath but I just did it 2 days ago and we were 3 or 4 inside and burned the middle boss so fast he barely managed 2 attacks. 

On 2/16/2023 at 2:01 PM, Tiviana.2650 said:

Its simply they die too fast, I think maybe anet should adjust the fight like they did the one in wayfarer foothills so the boss isnt killed in seconds and people can get the achievements . I cant get it either so you are not alone. Honestly I think this needs to be moved out of player help forum, this is something that has to be adjusted by anet. They die too fast and never complete the cheeve

Please not like the Wayfarer Foothills boss.  That guy went from "dead in a minute" to "Tequatl takes less time."

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is still an issue and it's really effing frustrating that nothing has been done to fix it. There's literally no way to get these achievements. I've been in squads where people just used autos. I've been on maps where there wasn't even a squad. Doesn't matter which. It's literally impossible to get them at this point, and the reason for that is a lack of action from Anet. That's it. That's the reason. It's beyond frustrating.

• Confused 4

On 2/21/2023 at 7:33 PM, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

That guy went from "dead in a minute" to "Tequatl takes less time."

Sounds like Fire Elemental.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:29 PM, Shark Riding Raptor.7392 said:

Or is there something else going on?

I did two of the achievements very early in the morning during the week.

Sometimes I wake up around 5 am and cant go back to sleep anymore, thats when I check the Silverwastes, how far the progress is. Usually there arent enough people around to successfully finish the meta, but enough to do the achievement.

• Confused 2

• 3 months later...

Still an issue which has not been resolved. Achievements are basically impossible to complete, as even in the rare cases when the random players on the map play along, the bosses still die way too fast, and the Vinewrath doesn't even do its beam attack before they die. It's honestly a slap in the face at this point that these achievements are still listed at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 12/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, Greenling.4298 said:

Still an issue which has not been resolved. Achievements are basically impossible to complete, as even in the rare cases when the random players on the map play along, the bosses still die way too fast, and the Vinewrath doesn't even do its beam attack before they die. It's honestly a slap in the face at this point that these achievements are still listed at all.

I know its not impossible, but the last two i need never spawn I have run ribas for days on end and they never pop

• Confused 2

On 12/8/2023 at 7:07 PM, Greenling.4298 said:

On the other hand, previously difficult achievements like No Fly Zone, are nowadays so easy that you might get them without even knowing what you were supposed to do. I killed the Shatterer for the weekly yesterday, after years that I didn't do it, and I felt to sad to see it die in 2 minutes. Time for a third restyle I guess.