Dugeons

so i've been wondering a lot about dungeons and why i find almost no group for them "not that i wanna do them , but im just curious about how many people q up for them" , usualy dungeons in mmos are very important since 5 man group content is the bread and butter of mmos , why not revive dungeons with chalenge mod ? or bring back the holy trinity of tank/heal/dps but only for dungeons , making a new vendor that sell ascended gear and skins for every dungeon , it could actualy be very interesting and so fun for new players and also a new experience for veterans , i don't know what everyone would think about this , but sadly dungeons are being left out right now , and i feel like there is no reason doing them , unless you wanna buy armor runes that only get sold by the dungeons vendor which probably happened once per month for me.

The dungeon team disbanded after the first year in place of fractals. Although fractals are looking to return, strikes are currently the instance favourites. The team doesn’t have the resources to do dungeons as well as fractals, raids and strikes so they focus on what they feel fits the game better with what they can deliver.

I agree with the above though - fractals (at least the original set rather than the abominations that came later) are superior to dungeons. Especially as they have tiered difficulty levels.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Confused 2

For what it's worth I've never had trouble finding a group for a dungeon when I want one. If there isn't a group being advertised when I want to do it I start one and it always fills up. So while they may not be as popular as other parts of the game they're not completely abandoned and you can play them if you want to.

As other people have said Fractals (and strikes) already offer what you're looking for and are the successor to dungeons in this game. I don't think there's any need to re-work dungeons into a duplicate of something that already exists just because it's what some people might be used to from other games. Also if that was the case the easier fix would be to call Fractals dungeons more frequently and explicitly than they already do.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2

When the developers nerfed the rewards is when dungeons saw the biggest decline. Fractals sort of took their place. I remember long ago in a dev post them specifically stating they were focusing their attention away from dungeons and making other dungeon-like things to be more enticing. They basically said they didn't want people doing dungeons which I found to be super weird. I remember thinking to myself "You got several dungeons that are decently fun, why would you nerf the rewards and then say you are shifting the incentive to something else? Why don't you just leave them be? You're telling your customers not to play some of their content. Essentially shooting themselves in the foot" That's like saying, oh yeah, we have 10 different car models but only choose these 2 cause the other 8 aren't worth it now. Like... what?!

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, circuitnerd.5863 said:

When the developers nerfed the rewards is when dungeons saw the biggest decline. Fractals sort of took their place. I remember long ago in a dev post them specifically stating they were focusing their attention away from dungeons and making other dungeon-like things to be more enticing. They basically said they didn't want people doing dungeons which I found to be super weird. I remember thinking to myself "You got several dungeons that are decently fun, why would you nerf the rewards and then say you are shifting the incentive to something else? Why don't you just leave them be? You're telling your customers not to play some of their content. Essentially shooting themselves in the foot" That's like saying, oh yeah, we have 10 different car models but only choose these 2 cause the other 8 aren't worth it now. Like... what?!

I remember 8-10 months before HoT a nerf for the rewards so the "5k Ap + link Berseker" speedrunners  try another mode . HoT Raids sounds a good place , what can go wrong

Spoiler

(Or the company wasted resources to try to restart instance content with IBS and people were scared that would permantly replace their mode and messed it up ... and because ofthe low numbers , the company did that ! God dammit .... how can we destroy other mmos when people are shooting their own leg ?

Inovation ideas in modes that dont self-iflict pain , i say , and intustry standards (auto-lfg) in the "problematic" areas and let them "mess things up" till their stomach is filled)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

yes really.

and they were a mistake.

Maybe, but to come here and claim you know better than the entire industry while clearly having a personal agenda, now THAT, seems let's say confident.

At some point, players come to expect certain elements from specific types of games, especially after decades of having those elements in the genre. The argument could be made that instanced content is such a thing for MMORPGs as we know them. 

Very rarely, a new game will diverge and shake things up and if successful, start a new genre or sub-genre. While very rare, it does happen.

That still doesn't mean that the original concepts where "mistakes" but rather that an opportunity was missed to establish a new genre. 

As such your demand would be more correctly summarized as:"you want a new type of MMORPG (or MMORPG sub-genre) without instanced content and your belief is that this model will be more successful than established norms". Which while possible, shifts your opinion into a far more speculative and unrealistic light (given the rare occurances of such shifts).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They should've just converted the dungeons to Fractals a long time ago. Fractals are better in every way, especially the difficulty scaling which can make them range from soloable to "the whole party must be experienced". The reward system is also better, and the instabilities add more replayability value through variation.

I'm a Dungeoneer BTW, so its not like I'm talking as someone who doesn't like them.

Imagine the insane amount of Fractals we'd have if they did this, but its just a dream at this point.  I lay my head on the pillow at night and have sweet dreams of Arah boss CMs.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134