Not getting credit for Touching Base achievement - Behemoth's Gap Base Phase 2 (Phase 3 for other commenters) [Merged]

Hello! I've done the Gyala Delve meta maybe 5 to 7 times today for achieves.

Regarding the Touching Bases achievement, I don't know why I'm not getting credit for Behemoth's Gap Base Phase 2.

https://imgur.com/YnNBcqL

Several times, I've made sure to participate in the meta chain. I've also made sure I had at least 1 event that has "Event Successful!" done for each level of the Behemoth's Gap Base's tier upgrades. Is there a bug somewhere?

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

It is pretty unclear as to which events count. My guess though is that  every event in the zone counts - but it needs to be finishe during a phase (0->1, 1->2 and 2-3 leveling) to count do level up. And the counter goes only up if the phase finishes. It can happen that other players finish the phase while you are working at another event ... (then if you complete that one late it will count to the next phase).

Though I'm sure there was at least one phase yesterday where I stayed at the nothern base needed for this achievements ... where I even made sure to try multiple events ... where one thing (I think last phase) ... I did not get credit. Not sure how I performed in the events. Might require you to actually do multiple ones (+ getting gold) to have participated enough to get credit.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 3

• Sylvi.8372 changed the title to Not getting credit for Touching Base achievement - Behemoth's Gap Base Phase 2 (Phase 3 for other commenters)

I think I might have figured it out after a lot of tries on how to make sure you get credit. 
Participate in multiple events and completing them on the map area, but make sure you return back to the base itself before the base upgrades to the next tier so that you are there when it upgrades to the next tier.

This worked for me for both of them that I had issues with, and I've had a couple friends try that were having the same problem. So far so good. Good luck and hope it works for you! 🥰

Edited by ClingyKiwi.8624
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, ClingyKiwi.8624 said:

I think I might have figured it out after a lot of tries on how to make sure you get credit. 
Participate in multiple events and completing them on the map area, but make sure you return back to the base itself before the base upgrades to the next tier so that you are there when it upgrades to the next tier.

This worked for me for both of them that I had issues with, and I've had a couple friends try that were having the same problem. So far so good. Good luck and hope it works for you! 🥰

Didn't work for me unfortunately. Tried it six times today, completed multiple events during T1-2-3, with Gold participation, went back to the base, was standing in the middle of it when it went T3, and no dice.

Edited by darksome.1697

On 3/1/2023 at 4:06 PM, Chrysline.2317 said:

I've done the Gyala Delve meta maybe 5 to 7 times today for achieves.

Regarding the Touching Bases achievement, I don't know why I'm not getting credit for Behemoth's Gap Base Phase 2.

Same here. Can't seem to get this particular part of the achievement.

12 hours ago, ClingyKiwi.8624 said:

Thanks for the tip, will try this next time...

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

For me it was phase 2 that did not register when I tried to complete the achievement for several times. But then, on a totally different map, where I did not care about the achievement, I got it completed whithout knowing why. So I guess something with the event structure is quite erratic/wrong.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

I've been on the map the whole time, successfully helped take Behemoth's Gap, stayed in the Howling Caves to get credit for upgrading the base. I have Phase 1 and Phase 3, but not Phase 2.

Exactly! I feel like I've done the meta 10 times at this point.
Done all the combos.

- Followed Rama the whole chain

- Followed Yao the whole chain

- Done almost all the Behemoth's Gap and Howling Cave events

at least once before the Behemoth's Gap tier upgrades.

- Made sure I had at least 1 event completed to gold rewards level before the Behemoth's base tier upgrades.

(I'll probably avoid the meta until the bug is fixed.)

Edited by Chrysline.2317

On 3/1/2023 at 4:06 PM, Chrysline.2317 said:

Hello! I've done the Gyala Delve meta maybe 5 to 7 times today for achieves.

https://imgur.com/YnNBcqL

Several times, I've made sure to participate in the meta chain. I've also made sure I had at least 1 event that has "Event Successful!" done for each level of the Behemoth's Gap Base's tier upgrades. Is there a bug somewhere?

Same problem here. tried lot of meta's and being at behemot gap before updating tier. Nothing at all. I cant get behemoth Gap phase 2 done

The last 2 days Behemoth Gap in Gyala map, the achievement Touching Base for Phase 2 (tier 2) has been bugged.   A bunch of us sit here in the base doing events and once it hits Tier 2 no one gets the achievement. Thats the last one i need to finish this off.   Anet please fix it.   alot of people have submitted tickets and still bugged.

• Like 1