Reward Tracks and Legendaries

Enasalin.2871

Alright, let's talk about reward tracks and legendaries a little bit. Specifically Leggy Weapons. I feel like Legendaries are much much more convenient for WvW than for PvE, considering WvW has a ton of different possible builds and gear setups etc, more so than PvE. Yet for most legendaries, WvW players are forced to play hours upon hours of PvE content they're not interested in due to lack of certain stuff from reward tracks. 

Personally, I am somewhat interested in PvE, but even then I'm currently working on Coalescence/Vision and there is NO way to get Elegy Mosaics from WvW. Not a single reward track gives any of them so instead I'm forced to run legendary bounty trains for hours on end in PvE..... This atm to me is the most glaringly obvious one, but I'm sure there's plenty of other things missing from Reward Tracks that could make it easier for WvW players to make a Legendary, without having to play hundreds of hours of PvE to be able to improve their WvW gameplay, when many WvW players won't touch PvE with a 10 foot pole.

Now you could say: "But PvE players have to play WvW for gift of battle bla bla". And yes, sure, they do, which I also think is a bit kitten and it actually hurts the people who want to play WvW seriously because maps have limited amounts of spots. However, GoB really doesn't take as long as most of the PvE stuff. Especially with boosters you can get a GoB in just a few hours of running after a PPT Chatmander.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Please give us more Reward Tracks or revamp some existing ones to include some (currently) PVE-only stuff needed for Legendaries or other cool things.

Edited by Enasalin.2871
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Op, I agree with what you are saying though I pursued a different leggy strategy myself. I'm adding that strategy here not to disagree with, argue about, or contradict anything you are saying, but just to share an alternative with anyone who may not be aware of it. While I was working on getting all the leggys in WvW, I was also farming gold to buy 1st gen leggy weapons with. At this point, I have all the WvW leggys as well as 12 leggy weapons. The gold farming involved doing pve stuff I enjoyed or at least stuff I didn't mind doing. So it's never felt like a grind for me. The WvW reward tracks do need to be significantly improved, so I am not disagreeing with you at all. I'm just sharing a workaround that I found useful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The legendary weapons are designed to be "rewards" for playing the entire game. Everyone has to farm.

Fixed that for you.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:50 AM, Enasalin.2871 said:

Alright, let's talk about reward tracks and legendaries a little bit. Specifically Leggy Weapons. I feel like Legendaries are much much more convenient for WvW than for PvE, considering WvW has a ton of different possible builds and gear setups etc, more so than PvE. Yet for most legendaries, WvW players are forced to play hours upon hours of PvE content they're not interested in due to lack of certain stuff from reward tracks. 

I don't think you can say that it's more convenient for a play mode. It depends on the person. I, for example, have 19 level 80 characters and for me legendary gear is convenient just because all my characters (that are eligible) can use a copy of said legendary item. So legendary gear is extremely convenient for me just from that point of view. As a scout in WvW I don't really need to change stats a lot. Again, just to show that it depends on the person and not the play mode.

I'm also not sure that Raids/Strikes/Fractals use less builds than WvW does. I mean, I honestly don't know. Perhaps someone else cares to comment on that.

But I have nothing against expanding the amount of reward tracks

• Confused 3

This won't work without a meaningful exchange. Though it should be noted that not all PvErs enjoy map completion or grinding either legendary earring and you should approach from that angle.

I think what should happen is that pve needs to get the 2nd legendary ring. I think Conflux is required for 2, and WvW should get an earring.

That being said, it's pretty easy to get ascended earrings from wvw reward tracks.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I suppose he's referring to getting map currencies from LW3 and 4 via reward tracks.

Ok that makes sense, Archon should probably point out it's for the lw currency not actual earrings, thought I miss some free source of earrings in the wvw tracks or something. 🤭 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Ok that makes sense, Archon should probably point out it's for the lw currency not actual earrings, thought I miss some free source of earrings in the wvw tracks or something. 🤭 

I legit forgot that currency had uses besides trinkets. 😉 Yea, you can convert to magic and then to gold I guess. But that's where nearly all my earrings come from. LS3/4 has always been a pretty standard place to get easy stat selectable acessories and WvWers have the privilege of not even having to play those maps.

Sure, it's faster to gather them manually, but who wants to do that?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

A bit off-topic but apparently WvWers having to play PvE is a bad thing? And yet it's fine if PvErs have to play WvW? Biased much?

It's like you say, you have to play the whole game to get the rewards, it applies to both sides, not just one.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Confused 6