Besides Alliances, what new features do you have planned for us in WvW?

AllianceĀ 

AllianceĀ 

Alliance

Restructure,,,,,Ā 

Ā 

I am not too interested in Alliances, since thats more of a guild political thing that most people wont have any say so or control over.

Ā 

I want to know what other new features and gameplay you have planned for us in WvW in the future Anet, that isnt Alliance related.Ā  Give us some cool hints.Ā 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

AllianceĀ 

AllianceĀ 

Alliance

Restructure,,,,,Ā 

Ā 

I am not too interested in Alliances, since thats more of a guild political thing that most people wont have any say so or control over.

Ā 

I want to know what other new features and gameplay you have planned for us in WvW in the future Anet, that isnt Alliance related.Ā  Give us some cool hints.Ā 

so you want anet to focus on wvw content than fixing wvw ?Ā  let them at least try alliance and lets see how things goes than we talk about the "new" stuff you mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, Denver.4621 said:

so you want anet to focus on wvw content than fixing wvw ?Ā  let them at least try alliance and lets see how things goes than we talk about the "new" stuff you mentioned.

so we have to wait even longer before we get something new gameplay wise? Because alliances isnt new game play, it only a new server link system

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Do we have a rough idea of when alliances will go live or no?

Probably when it's ready.Ā šŸ˜‰Ā  Ā  Just the details are a little bit unclear if it will happen before the next expansion, or how much expansions will be released before alliances go live.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:59 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

They've already given hints as to what the future holds for wvw...

Think about it...

šŸ¤”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

yes. but new gameplay features for WvW could be next level, especially if they borrow some ideas from some of the upcoming hyped MMOs.

Oh I agree but the reason I made that joke is because I'm not sure if we'll ever get new content for WvW. If I had to put a bet now on whether or not we would get a new WvW map at all, my money would be on not.

Honestly a new map isnt really so much needed, we tried that before. Maybe revamp one of the ones we have. Most important is better balancing, but also small quality of life, like making it easier to see wvw rank of allies, new abilities / "wvw-talents" to spend the rank up points on, less stealth, player damage to walls at 1/2 speed of doors, etc. etc. many low hanging fruits they can try. Like why cant my fireball do anything to a frigging wooden wall haha. Anyway just some random suggestions here. I've seen people post multiple pages of good suggestions in a single post, but the devtime allocation just wasnt there. It seems slightly different now, like we got 1 or 2 devs, but it is confusing that it is taking so long (without knowing the complexity).

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

actually my biggest annoyance currently is how much they nerfed damage pre steam launch to make it more beginner friendly, but that just makes the combat feel stale and too slow. Especially with all the broken builds and stats

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loke.1429 said:

actually my biggest annoyance currently is how much they nerfed damage pre steam launch to make it more beginner friendly, but that just makes the combat feel stale and too slow. Especially with all the broken builds and stats

Guessing the second biggest annoyance is the other broken builds which can throw around so much damage they kill in seconds?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Guessing the second biggest annoyance is the other broken builds which can throw around so much damage they kill in seconds?

probably third, but at least it is a challenge to dodge that manureĀ šŸ˜°
second must be the builds with op defensive mechanics built in, so they can play really annoyingly and spec their stats aggresively, like short bow condi thief or any other thief with elite specs, any ranger elite specs, etc.

Edited by Loke.1429