Three problems with warrior

Widebody.5071

Warriors seem to be the outlier class of the game and I think these are some of the main reasons. There's others but these three hurts us allot.

1. They're always being thrown under the bus by players who claim they main warrior but hate them because they are too strong, too many passives, too simple

to play and no fun.

2. Everyone expects to beat a warrior in a few hits. In WvW caster's fights take a few minutes and there's no complaints, but if they use more then 10 skills on a warrior their world comes to an end and it's all-out war on that warrior. It seems as if everyone has gotten use to abusing warriors and hate to give up their range superiority privilege.

3. It seems as if warrior players are hated for playing a class they like instead of trying to follow the latest trend. I've rarely seen so many eloquently worded   

insults aimed at people solely because someone is mad that someone else is playing a game in a way that's comfortable to them.

I guess since they can't run from warrior to warrior and ask "excuse me can I have a buff" like they do in other games they don't want warriors in the game. They have no use for them. Like I said eloquently worded insults and put downs but in reality all it is... it's a bunch of bullcorn. Just my opinion on a few things I've noticed.

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

21 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Take one step into the mists and say something in chat then just wait.

Hello, my name is Vancho and I have been accused of cheating and using macros on axe/axe mace shield berserker(it was few years back when berserker wasn't even a thing in pvp). 
Several "When are they gona nerf that noob spec" this year on SpB and Bladesworn, while procing all FCs, eating all the burst skills and general facetanking from people playing roamer assassin builds. 

• Like 2

I feel like the people that actually play the game and enjoy warrior never come to the forums. To me warrior has the best gameplay. Especially for roaming and spvp. No weird mechanics just bashing people and using evades and blocks. Spellbreaker was always godly for a certain propose and with the recent buffs folks put down there mechs and came for warrior. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

I feel like the people that actually play the game and enjoy warrior never come to the forums. To me warrior has the best gameplay. Especially for roaming and spvp. No weird mechanics just bashing people and using evades and blocks. Spellbreaker was always godly for a certain propose and with the recent buffs folks put down there mechs and came for warrior. 

Truth.

One good warrior I fought said it best: "I love playing warrior. It's a class where you're good or you're not. There is no hand holding."

• Confused 1

1- Personally never seen a "warrior main" saying such things. That said, as a multiclass player that have yet to find an enjoyable warrior specialization, I do think that warrior is to "simple" and "not very fun". I've played warrior archetypes that were a lot more "fun" on other games.

2/3- Players in competitive modes hates on anything that's not their own "main profession". The higher on the "meta ladder" a profession is the more hate is poured onto a profession. For most of PoF era the hate focus was on necromancer and guardian, since EoD, it shifted to Engineer, Warrior, Elementalist and Mesmer (I do believe it's a sign of a greater diversity as the number of target has been doubled)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

1- Personally never seen a "warrior main" saying such things. That said, as a multiclass player that have yet to find an enjoyable warrior specialization, I do think that warrior is to "simple" and "not very fun". I've played warrior archetypes that were a lot more "fun" on other games.

2/3- Players in competitive modes hates on anything that's not their own "main profession". The higher on the "meta ladder" a profession is the more hate is poured onto a profession. For most of PoF era the hate focus was on necromancer and guardian, since EoD, it shifted to Engineer, Warrior, Elementalist and Mesmer (I do believe it's a sign of a greater diversity as the number of target has been doubled)

1. You should be more social in game.

2/3. You should find a class you enjoy.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

People have a hard time grasping that others can main and love warrior while also being able to point out it's faults so that it can be improved.

That's true. That said I persoanlly can't bring myself to like warrior in GW2, it's just not my jam. I do enjoy Fighter and Barbarian in Neverwinter online, the melee classes labelled as "warrior" in RappelZ, Jedi knight in SWTOR and The Warrior/Scout in Runes of Magic. But GW&GW2's warriors... Nope.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

That's true. That said I persoanlly can't bring myself to like warrior in GW2, it's just not my jam. I do enjoy Fighter and Barbarian in Neverwinter online, the melee classes labelled as "warrior" in RappelZ, Jedi knight in SWTOR and The Warrior/Scout in Runes of Magic. But GW&GW2's warriors... Nope.

That's fair. Not every profession is for everybody, or even every espec.

I can't stand playing a Mesmer or Elementalist. I love Reaper, but hate scourge. Still love warrior despite it's many faults.

8 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I'd go so far as to say that we point out Warrior's faults because we love it so much.

I would go so far as to say that people who think a class is fine and in no need of anything just haven't played it enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. It feels clunky with hundred blades, DT, Skull crack, flurry, etc.

2. uninteresting class mechanic. I hit you on the head and hit you harder every so often.

3. Not very many people want to play warrior because warrior is seen as a basic, conformist, and uninteresting class compared to things like mages, paladins, summoners, rangers, rogues, engineers, and illusionists.

4. because of the above they don't play this class. People who don't play a class think it's overpowered regardless of the meta.

I do recognize that spb is meta in spvp at least.

Also, I do consider that it does require skill to play.

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

1. It feels clunky with hundred blades, DT, Skull crack, flurry, etc.

2. uninteresting class mechanic. I hit you on the head and hit you harder every so often.

3. Not very many people want to play warrior because warrior is seen as a basic, conformist, and uninteresting class compared to things like mages, paladins, summoners, rangers, rogues, engineers, and illusionists.

4. because of the above they don't play this class. People who don't play a class think it's overpowered regardless of the meta.

I do recognize that spb is meta in spvp at least.

Also, I do consider that it does require skill to play.

Some people feel the same way about fighter in d&d and yet some love it because of its simplicity. The rest just picked a class they liked rather than stress themselves out over one they didn't. 

A good number of people love warrior and don't want it to change. They love it so much they don't even come to the forum to whine about it. Does it still need fixing? Yeah, every class does. 

However, some of people that essentially live within the warrior forum essentially want to play revenant without having to think and a few of that group want to play revenant with the CC capabilities of warrior too. Then when try to reason with them they get so many confusion stacks they start taking damage in real life. Then all you can do is feel bad for them because they keep trying to force themselves to play something they clearly hate playing and as such playing into the warrior stereotype of smash and don't think. They come together to protect each other from criticism of their circular group think, delude themselves into thinking they actually like warrior for the sake of it, then they go back to their self-induced misery of playing a class they hate.

As time goes on, I see why Cal Cohen doesn't bother reading these forums.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

They love it so much they don't even come to the forum to whine about it.

many suffer in silence knowing they have no say in the matter, i was and still am one such warrior main.

best disillusion yourself, its not all unicorns and rainbows as you're trying to portray.

you say it like its unanimous.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

As time goes on, I see why Cal Cohen doesn't bother reading these forums.

he claims he does/they do, and they claim feedback matters. but we all know its not that simple.

as long as they continue putting out good work. thats what metters.

and the balance team put out good work for warrior over the past 2 patches, both in most of the defense rework and in recent berserker changes, i'm glad and thankful for that, so are many warrior mains i know of, you actually see the class being picked up again.

how does it compare to the rest of the 9 classes? thats the balance question. so warrior is far from "fine".

warrior's still got a lot of problems piled up from being outdated, some tied to its core design, others the remntants of poor balance decisions and neglect. there's still lots of work to be done.

any real warrior main with tenure knows this. any real warrior main who hasn't quit the class or the game anyway. because thats how bad it got.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That's fair. Not every profession is for everybody, or even every espec.

I can't stand playing a Mesmer or Elementalist. I love Reaper, but hate scourge. Still love warrior despite it's many faults.

It's almost the opposite for me 😉 For me mesmer is a blast, it's the profession that brought me to love GW2. I also do enjoy playing elementalist. I'll agree with you on scourge though, the shade concept just don't clic with me.

NB.: I forgot LOTRO champion in my list of enjoyable warrior archetypes.

Funny, I have yet to try a class in this game, that isn't fun to play, but if you look in any of the profession forums it's all doom & gloom. Sure there are issues with specific skills and traits and Anet is pretty slow with addressing such problems, probably due to the lack of manpower. But that is not limited to warrior only. And if it really was as bad as people on the forums sometimes claim, you could always level and gear an alt with spare materials from you bank in a matter of minutes...

Edited by Padrion.7382
typos
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It's almost the opposite for me 😉 For me mesmer is a blast, it's the profession that brought me to love GW2. I also do enjoy playing elementalist. I'll agree with you on scourge though, the shade concept just don't clic with me.

NB.: I forgot LOTRO champion in my list of enjoyable warrior archetypes.

I want to like Mesmer and Ele. I fully admit that Anet got their aesthetics done right, but their playstyles are not for me. Guardian, Warrior, Necro, and Ranger are more of my thing. I've been playing Engineer more lately, I like scrapper and mech. Mech probably has the best mace bar in the game. Rev is, okay... The energy mechanic is a bad mechanic and is something that I am glad was dropped from GW1. Thief is in the middle for me. I love how they did it, but I haven't spent the time with it to be good with it.

13 minutes ago, Padrion.7382 said:

Funny, I have yet to try a class in this game, that isn't fun to play, but if you look in any of the profession forums it's all doom & gloom. Sure there are issues with specific skills and traits ans Anet is pretty slow with addressing such problems, probably due to the lack of manpower. But that is not limited to warrior only. And if it really was as bad as people on the forums sometimes claim, you could always level and gear an alt with spare materials from you bank in a matter of minutes...

Every profession has issues. The people who care the most about those issues are the ones you see posting. The angst though mostly comes from the lack of communication from Anet and their slow balance. The best any of the forum posters can hope for is to throw everything at the wall that is wrong, bad, or just neglected for the devs to read and eventually fix.

The warriors have been pointing out that Final Thrust needs bleed stacks on targets above 50% HP for years and it only just got updated to do that. Kind of puts things in perspective with just that one skill. If enough members of a profession subforum start beating the drum on a matter it eventually gets fixed.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1