Malicious sorcery is a terrible GM trait. Plz fix anet.

Mckeone.9804

The attack speed bonus you get from this trait is overwritten by quickness.  That just leaves the 20% recharge reduction on scepter skills.  This is a GM level trait that is worse than similar weapon cooldown + effect traits, which are primarily master tier for main hand weapons (zealous blade for guardians, forceful greatsword for warriors, heck, even fencer's finesse).

It might be worthwhile if the 20% attack speed stacked with quickness... Alternatively, why not give it something a little more synergistic with the illusions line, like allowing you to stack an extra clone/dagger (like how with thief you can get bonus initiative), summon a double illusion, etc..., or apply a unqiue debuff when you shatter that increases condition damage on the target?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

I wonder if you have seen chaos interruption now or auto-proc defender phantasm as gm on 90s cd

I always have to roll my eyes (right back into my skull) when Warriors complain about Martial Cadence. Even the old version was more appealing than what CI is right now. I really miss a nice interrupt/lockdown PvP build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

It doesn't have to be that complicated. Merge it with Cry of Pain (by also adding the duration increase to scepter skills) to give Illusions a condi focussed GM and then add a more versatile Minor that isn't useless for anyone not playing Condi 😉

I don't like this idea. That means if I play condi, I need to take scepter to enjoy the full benefit of a GM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mckeone.9804 said:

I would just be happy to have something not totally useless.  Although I would have to say it would be nice to have a reason to use scepter on mesmer, so a GM that actually encouraged that would be nice.

Its not fulling this purpose tho. Mallicious sorcery is trying to compete with Master of Fragmentation which is infinately better choice. If Mallicious Sorcery is a Grandmaster trait it needs to feel like a grandmaster. The OP suggested 

21 hours ago, Mckeone.9804 said:

It might be worthwhile if the 20% attack speed stacked with quickness...

Which in my oppinion would fufill both the idea that this is supposed to be a grandmaster and also invite people to use scepters more. +70% cast speed (the stacked value of quickness plus the grandmaster) sounds pretty juicy and would also solve the mantra hate issue. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Exciton.8942 said:

I don't like this idea. That means if I play condi, I need to take scepter to enjoy the full benefit of a GM.

What's the issue for you here? The taking Scepter for condi or taking Scepter for the full benefit of the trait? Or that it's a GM?

I assume it's wanting the Confusion without playing Scepter? Yes, that's a drawback. Aside from that, it's probably a win for any other build. It would be a balanced choice between the GMs, improve that specific trait and potentially add something in the Minor slot that is more valuable for a larger variety of builds. Cry of Pain is just wasted for anything but Condi builds which is very bad considering Illusions being a hybrid traitline.

• Like 1

Increased attack speed becomes baseline, torment you inflict lasts 1s longer (or whatever, give it some flat duration increase to tap into scepter's playstyle of short torment). Boom, scepter becomes enjoyable, it fits in the theme of "weapon traits should enhance the playstyle of a given weapon, but should be usable on other weapons too", everything is fun.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 11:14 AM, Loic.9657 said:

Check out mirage's gm dune cloak.
The worst trash design still exist. 

The intention is sound (dmg 5 enemies remove boons gain boons) but it's usefulness is way too inconsistant to be good because not every enemy has boons and we aren't always surrounded by at least 5 enemies with boons. It needs a part 2 bonus if it strikes enemies who don't have boons like inflict bleeding (like the prior version).

On 4/10/2023 at 6:30 AM, HotDelirium.7984 said:

The intention is sound (dmg 5 enemies remove boons gain boons) but it's usefulness is way too inconsistant to be good because not every enemy has boons and we aren't always surrounded by at least 5 enemies with boons. It needs a part 2 bonus if it strikes enemies who don't have boons like inflict bleeding (like the prior version).

maybe if it wasnt bugged to kitten and back.
like hell, if you jump it doesnt go off ( on 1 class that can kittening dodge at will even mid air thats weird as hell )
if I remember right its not unblockable, so aegis says hello
and to top it all off it doesnt even kittening steal a boon, but removes it and gives you 1 stack.
if you boom someones 25 stacks of might you get 1 stack for 20s, kek

• Thanks 1