Engi most OP

Holosmith has a quite easy combo and 1 shot everything.

Gyro Hammer Scrapper can tank node from any 1v2 and beats 1 just about anything 1v1. 

Condition Mechanist OP.  Best Noobstompers, Sit back and do nothing ! Noob got delete by AI.

Can someone explain why they give engi so much?

Arena Net have a bias for engi to keep buff it.
A class needs skill to play like elementalist gets wack all the time, a high risk, low reward class in pvp, it must be crazy.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5

Let's not overexaggerate how strong current Engi specs are.

Remember the Tier 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 OP system.

We need to let Arenanet see that we know the difference between something that is performing at Tier 4 OP God Tier and something that is arguably a bit too strong.

Engi right now is nothing in comparison to the kind of dominance Catalyst was pushing out in the last few months.

At the strongest, you could arguably describe Scrapper/Holo as Tier 1 OPs, but they have glaring weaknesses, several of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 5

looks like bronze logic

in first video you saw condi holo vs power holo, wher power holo had 1 dmg condition on him, and used 0 condi cleanse, yet power holo delt 50% dmg to him

Next you see mesmer killed warior, and dealt 80% dmg to ranger

next you have holo vs power thief, wher holo dodged his backstab, and thief got stuned while at 70%, allowing holo to finish him up

next you have holo vs guardain, wher guadian delt 50% dmg to him before he reacted, and then 30% while chasing him up

holo hide behinde wall, and dodged 2 of guardian attacks, then used ult on closed space, wher guardian was stayed on burn whole time, and ranger that tried rally guard, that used 5s imunity to dmg, and downed holo hp from 70% to 20%

Gyro Hammer Scrapper can tank node from any 1v2 and beats 1 just about anything 1v1. 

at 1:18 to 1:23 you see wher his hp drop from 100% to 0 in 3s

i not saw any 1vs1 not 1vs2 in video you provided

he was around team most of time, at last 1-2 ppl was around whole video

wher you see anythink op here? 

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

looks like bronze logic

in first video you saw condi holo vs power holo, wher power holo had 1 dmg condition on him, and used 0 condi cleanse, yet power holo delt 50% dmg to him

Next you see mesmer killed warior, and dealt 80% dmg to ranger

next you have holo vs power thief, wher holo dodged his backstab, and got stuned while at 70%, allowing holo to finish him up

next you have holo vs guardain, wher guadian delt 50% dmg to him before he reacted, and then 30% while chasing him up

holo hide behinde wall, and dodged 2 of guardian attacks, then used ult on closed space, wher guardian was stayed on burn whole time, and ranger that tried rally guard, that used 5s imunity to dmg, and downed holo hp from 70% to 20%

at 1:18 to 1:23 you see wher his hp drop from 100% to 0 in 3s

i not saw any 1vs1 not 1vs2 in video you provided

he was around team most of time, at last 1-2 ppl was around whole video

wher you see anythink op here? 

Is sup guardian good on 1v1 or 1v2? No, DPS build borken on teamfight.

1:25 Engi oneshot a FA cata  on teamfight,  Engi are too effective on teamfight.

1:53 Engi oneshot elementalist on 1v1! is that not OP enough?

Is the engineer supposed to oneshot anything?

Mean while tempest/weaveris like meme tier and they were like nahh let go huge on nerfs?

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

But isn't it a given that you can be one shot in a teamfight by any other class that plays full damage? If I play tunnel-damage focusing on burst rather than sustain, I can't complain if the enemy hits their rotation perfectly and/or I am missing a stun break in my utility skills or didn't evade at the correct time. 

Especially in a teamfight you have to look out for so many possible threats as the enemy focus can shift to you at any time.

5 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

1:25 Engi oneshot a FA cata  on teamfight,  Engi are too effective on teamfight.

If the Cata for example was berserk with around 11k HP he lost most of his sustain when he decided to use his earth skills while chasing the Tempest. Also you can clearly see the Catalyst dodging 2 times in a row AND using the air signet for stun break as well. Then again with so little HP any damage focused spec with burst could have killed him at that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Did he one shoted dragonhuner at 3:07 as 1vs1?

Is the engineer supposed to oneshot anything?

yes like any class 

ele "one shot" 2 ppl that try ress ally, "sooo op, soooo broken nerf"

i'm skiping fact you linked video wher enemy team losing 80-500, and got lord slaped

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Bro you've literally made like 3 topics about engineers in the last 2 days.   I honestly couldn't tell if you were trolling or just horrible at the game.  There's alot of horrible players but nobody is this dumb.  All your posts are about buffing scepter catalyst and nerffing the worst classes in the game.  Get a life dude

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

Bro you've literally made like 3 topics about engineers in the last 2 days.   I honestly couldn't tell if you were trolling or just horrible at the game.  There's alot of horrible players but nobody is this dumb.  All your posts are about buffing scepter catalyst and nerffing the worst classes in the game.  Get a life dude

Get used to it. That guy is infamous for spamming anti-engineer-threads every single day until he gets an occassional vacation with a spam ban. He pretty much became a meme here in the forums.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Get used to it. That guy is infamous for spamming anti-engineer-threads every single day until he gets an occassional vacation with a spam ban. He pretty much became a meme here in the forums.

That actually works though because engineer has been nerffed like 15-20 times in the last 2 years.  They don't really use objective statistics to balance classes, they just glance at forums to see what the noobs cry about and make sweeping changes to appease them until the game dies.    The game is just so dead nobody even knows if the game is balanced except like the top 20 people.  The rest of the population is just a bunch of ignorant steam players who only play 1 class and don't even know the traits or even weapon skills of other classes.  

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/15/2023 at 1:25 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Let's not overexaggerate how strong current Engi specs are.

Remember the Tier 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 OP system.

We need to let Arenanet see that we know the difference between something that is performing at Tier 4 OP God Tier and something that is arguably a bit too strong.

Engi right now is nothing in comparison to the kind of dominance Catalyst was pushing out in the last few months.

At the strongest, you could arguably describe Scrapper/Holo as Tier 1 OPs, but they have glaring weaknesses, several of them.

When it comes to balance ppl just want "delete this from my games" doesnt matter how they gonna do it.

• Like 1

@Sahne.6950 looks like you're up!

Interesting thing to think about, do we decide if something is too strong based on "ranked" gameplay which has deteriorated to the point of almost being a meme, or do we decide based on co-ordinated team efforts?
Personally I'd argue anything from semi-finals AT onwards is classed as a contender for looking at depending on representation but that's mostly because of the state of ranked being determined more by how many (or rather how few) other people are playing at time of queue. In particular for NA it's more down to whether you're running into people abusing maximizing their rating and if your team gives up after the first fight.

The explanation to this is quite simple really, There are 2 factors at play, first of all invulnerabilities and second of all damage stacking.

The first is that when invulnerabilities become widespread and you have classes able to push near 80% invulnerability uptime in some cases it pushes people to develop burst combos to fit into the vulnerable windows.

This leads into the second issue, as people see these basically immortal invulnerability combos they realise they need more damage or they can never actually win as the invuln spammer will just regenerate while not being damageable as such people enter the forum and ask for more damage which anet investigates and then sees that additional damage IS technically needed.

As such, the damage creep increases and so people rely even more on going invulnerable+ which pushes people into wanting even more damage to counter that invulnerability, the same applies to stealth as if you do not kill a stealther in their visibility window then there is a good chance you will never actually get them the same also goes for overstacked mobility as if you do not kill a mobile target quickly then you can never actually kill them, this is a fundamental problem with the game right now, there are far too many ways to "exit" combat with little to no consequences which means they have no choice but to further increase the damage threshold to counter this.

In summary, they need to not merely look at individual overperforming builds but instead, due to there being a huge number of changes over a long period of time, they may need to look at the entire combat flow in pvp, potentially completely removing many of the invulns in favor of basic damage reductions, changing stealth mechanics, possibly so that being hit will lower your stealth duration and significantly reducing excessively long projections on movement skills to prevent scenarios where there is no realistic fight going on due to one person never taking damage or simply dematerialising out of any bad situation with no realistic downside.

26 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

The explanation to this is quite simple really, There are 2 factors at play, first of all invulnerabilities and second of all damage stacking.

The first is that when invulnerabilities become widespread and you have classes able to push near 80% invulnerability uptime in some cases it pushes people to develop burst combos to fit into the vulnerable windows.

This leads into the second issue, as people see these basically immortal invulnerability combos they realise they need more damage or they can never actually win as the invuln spammer will just regenerate while not being damageable as such people enter the forum and ask for more damage which anet investigates and then sees that additional damage IS technically needed.

As such, the damage creep increases and so people rely even more on going invulnerable+ which pushes people into wanting even more damage to counter that invulnerability, the same applies to stealth as if you do not kill a stealther in their visibility window then there is a good chance you will never actually get them the same also goes for overstacked mobility as if you do not kill a mobile target quickly then you can never actually kill them, this is a fundamental problem with the game right now, there are far too many ways to "exit" combat with little to no consequences which means they have no choice but to further increase the damage threshold to counter this.

In summary, they need to not merely look at individual overperforming builds but instead, due to there being a huge number of changes over a long period of time, they may need to look at the entire combat flow in pvp, potentially completely removing many of the invulns in favor of basic damage reductions, changing stealth mechanics, possibly so that being hit will lower your stealth duration and significantly reducing excessively long projections on movement skills to prevent scenarios where there is no realistic fight going on due to one person never taking damage or simply dematerialising out of any bad situation with no realistic downside.

We need to start tracking metrics for meta builds on each profession that reveal total defensive/offensive capabilities. Gw2Skills can give us basic information like condition and boon uptime, but we need a way to track movement, burst, sustain, crowd control, condi cleanse, and invulnerabilities.

Doing this would identify the classes strengths and weaknesses more clearly and reveal the overperforming specs that are flying under the radar.

13 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

That actually works though because engineer has been nerffed like 15-20 times in the last 2 years.  They don't really use objective statistics to balance classes, they just glance at forums to see what the noobs cry about and make sweeping changes to appease them until the game dies.    The game is just so dead nobody even knows if the game is balanced except like the top 20 people.  The rest of the population is just a bunch of ignorant steam players who only play 1 class and don't even know the traits or even weapon skills of other classes.  

Factual. 100 Percent. 

On 3/16/2023 at 4:25 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I love this propaganda fueled by elementalist nerf story arc.

Now hear me out: The speakers in Cantha are an organisation that was revolting against the use of Jade Tech. Basically, this group hates the guts of engineers.

We should start a petition for Anet to implement a speaker boss battle, with the boss constantly holding monologues how engineers are the blight of the earth and need to get perished. Could even include some quotes from the forum.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Now hear me out: The speakers in Cantha are an organisation that was revolting against the use of Jade Tech. Basically, this group hates the guts of engineers.

We should start a petition for Anet to implement a speaker boss battle, with the boss constantly holding monologues how engineers are the blight of the earth and need to get perished. Could even include some quotes from the forum.

I know It's silly, but it works! 

If you follow the logic not morality and emotion, you will do the same thing. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:58 PM, apharma.3741 said:

@Sahne.6950 looks like you're up!

haha ^_^ no i am not. i was just checking my private messages.

I quit this shitshow a few weeks ago, and it was the best decision i have made in a long time.

i dared to touch another game.... and after just 2 hours of playing that other game (DayZ)... i noticed something...

I was not enjoying gw2 anymore..... i was enduring it. inhaling the hopium FOR YEARS...

The next thing i knew, i was uninstalling gw2.

Farewell gw2! i wont be coming back.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

haha ^_^ no i am not. i was just checking my private messages.

I quit this shitshow a few weeks ago, and it was the best decision i have made in a long time.

i dared to touch another game.... and after just 2 hours of playing that other game (DayZ)... i noticed something...

I was not enjoying gw2 anymore..... i was enduring it. inhaling the hopium FOR YEARS...

The next thing i knew, i was uninstalling gw2.

Farewell gw2! i wont be coming back.

Obligatory can I haz your gold.
Fair point, I think a lot of people get to that point with all games, you try something else and find you enjoy that a lot more. I know when Cyberpunk came out, I barely played GW2 for a long time and even now I can't bring myself to really play it enough to complete some of the things I've always wanted like full legendary etc.
GLHF.

• Like 1