World Linking 3/31/2023

Cal Cohen.2358

57 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Some of those exploiters bandwagoned from sfr. Oh no i said it. Maybe this is some 5head wsr shaming tactic for our part. 😵

I'm just glad you guys get to play but in the last 2 hours we've seen you once at EB. Rest of the time we've pushed into SM thrice and trying to beat back the hoard continuously. Friendly message: please focus you know who... Regards, Deso.

who at anet thought it was a good idea to put wsr  with another server,

they are already over populated and you give them more cannon fodder,

what are you thinking??????  absolute madness,  wsr thanks to you are taking the P---

9 minutes ago, gashen.3874 said:

who at anet thought it was a good idea to put wsr  with another server,

they are already over populated and you give them more cannon fodder,

what are you thinking??????  absolute madness,  wsr thanks to you are taking the P---

WSR was full until 1 week before relink and it got changed to very high, even though WSR had the highest activity of all servers (now 2nd).

Why? To rack in more money from transfers. Don't question it, it's always about the money.

• Like 2

I would like to actually see, yes SEE, an Anet Dev PLAY in WvW every day for 2 months then will they still think it's okay to not relink a new link.  It would be huge plus just to see someone show up and play daily regardless.  Try to get a queue to move when there are 6 wall runner afk on a map.  ya, and do this in all time zones.  I challenge you.  Cuz y'all still seem so out of touch.  smh

23 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

How does TC get thrown into a tier 1 matchup when it wasn't even winning tier 3 last week?

With the same link too. 

Just shows you how in-touch these devs are with this game mode. 

Best thing to do is just not participate during these horrible decisions. 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:54 PM, Zok.4956 said:

It is a large scale PvP mode, and is still often fun, even the drama, but it was never competitive in the sense of "the best team wins a match". Because of at least two reasons:

1. It is not a "team aginst team" mode, but a three-way "team-against-team-against-team"

2. The player numbers of the teams are not the same during the match.

I do not agree with that. When they designed and then launched this game mode, they definitely had in mind to put all the teams in competition. So much so that we have on this same official website under the page '' community '' a historical track (medal collection) and a ranking of all servers.

What you mentioned 1 : Having three-sided games is very nice, and it does not mean that one of the three teams gets the best score. In addition to being a good player you will also have to use your strategy to win. Precisely because the clash is three-sided.

2 : This brings us to our weekly matches. This is also a feature of this mode. All servers must adapt accordingly. During the week the numbers will change constantly. Sometimes you outperform your opponents, sometimes your opponents surpass you, and sometimes you will have similar numbers etc etc. The important thing is that at the end of the week we see similar flows ( K + D players and game time ) and here is all the work of development, to bring us towards this result.

That said, of course we can have WWW like today, where winning has no meaning and still find a lot of fun. But that doesn't mean we couldn't have more and make this mode more fun, and transport and stimulate the player into a believable competition.

It is also true that the proverb says: he who is satisfied enjoys .

But if it were only that, I imagine that man would still live inside the caves.✌️

I would also like to add, that after so many posts that I read, especially in the reconnection posts, it seems evident to me the desire of practically all the players of this mode, or to get games as balanced as possible (in terms of flow) this of course remains my personal opinion, but Anet should change its way of managing this mode. become aware that keep what has been his project since day 1, It brings the developmental guys to a constant monitoring and many small updates. Each one will lead you to improve the competition. Abandoning this aspect (for example giving precedence to the balance between classes, rather than how much gold you can earn) for many years and then solving it with a revolution of the mode itself, I still think that it is not the correct attitude.

To support what I mentioned, I can also say that the same mechanics of combining two different servers, came precisely because of what I wrote so far. improve the balance of matches. Although it was supposed to be a temporary solution, in fact it has precisely this objective. Unfortunately, it has highlighted a number of problems with the passage of time. That's why you should tackle them one by one, with lots of small updates.

To get into the merits and not always remain in the clouds, let's try to address the issue of transfers. This is one of the aspects that makes the current algorithm difficult. We have seen many times that on the matched server, often the ''medium'' state pours players in such a way that at the end of the period it will change its status to ''very high''. So the subject of transfers must be addressed. What's the point of choosing not to?

Could just limit it to the last 2 weeks of the period, I don't think it's a huge job for development. So, why not try updating it and see where it takes you? Does it lead us to a better balance? well. Then make this update permanent, and go see what will be the next to affornate. and so on.

In EU we have the absurd problem of the number of servers, and the fact that 3 of these servers will be treated differently from all the others forever. Do we want to try to solve it? How to do it? Anet come here on the forum and let's talk about it, your community has suggested so many different ways to do it. Let us know what could be a simple solution for you (in terms of hours of development work) to improve this aspect. And you will surely find more points of understanding with your community. 

and so on to the next little update.

• Like 1

But who came up with this enormous work of alliances and WR to solve everything? without considering a series of small aspects. Please I would like a name and surname, to exchange 4 words. In that text I could only read the word kitten I think.🤭

Edited by Mabi black.1824

6 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I do not agree with that. When they designed and then launched this game mode, they definitely had in mind to put all the teams in competition.

What they had in mind and what they created are different things. It should be clear, after all this years, that Anet did not really understand why WvW was/is successful.

So much so that we have on this same official website under the page '' community '' a historical track (medal collection) and a ranking of all servers.

I played during WvW Season 1 (2013) and the WvW Spring and Fall tournaments (2014). There is reason why Anet never repeated these competitions.

This brings us to our weekly matches. This is also a feature of this mode. All servers must adapt accordingly. During the week the numbers will change constantly. Sometimes you outperform your opponents, sometimes your opponents surpass you, and sometimes you will have similar numbers etc etc. The important thing is that at the end of the week we see similar flows ( K + D players and game time ) and here is all the work of development, to bring us towards this result.

There is a reason, why every (real world) competitive team sports game sets rules for fixed numbers of players in each team and why the team size is not a matter of "must adapt accordingly". The team size is so important that removing a player from a team is used as a penalty.

1 hour ago, gashen.3874 said:

when is something going to be done about wsr  [WHERE SHYSTERS RULE] full of dubious players and to many of them as well

The problem is not WSR the problem is ng/qwop guilds and their toxic bandwagonner fan-club. My main is on wsr and I don't play with it since those monkeys are here.

In the current EU matchups, the best-ranked servers have won 28 (tier 1), 27 (tier 2), 33 (tier 3), 26 (tier 4) and 34 (tier 5) skirmishes. Only in tier 2 has the second best server a number of won skirmishes in the double digits (12).

If you create such unbalanced linkings, could you at least group them together in tiers right from the beginnig so they can enjoy each others company for two months?