Elementalist can immediately reattune to the same Attunement after Weaver/Combat Tonic/Catalyst interaction [Merged]

I was able to reproduce this after seeing a streamer do it.

The essence of the bug is that is allows repeated procs of "on-element swap" traits, such as Sunspot or Healing Ripple
I had repro steps here but I have removed them to prevent any exploiters.

I can provide them to Anet as needed.

Edited by Sir Buttles.5182
Removal of repro steps, I don't want anyone to be able to explot this further
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I'd remove this video and explanation showing how to perform an exploit.  Anet don't like that.  It's enough to mention it exists.

honestly, good point.  I figured a bug report should include repro steps but I don't want to cause damage

I'll edit the post and private the video

Edited by Sir Buttles.5182

48 minutes ago, Sir Buttles.5182 said:

honestly, good point.  I figured a bug report should include repro steps but I don't want to cause damage

I'll edit the post and private the video

Normally yes, but exploits specifically are cautioned against in the Forum Code of Conduct.  They usually want details sent to exploits@arena.net and not posted here at all.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct/

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Normally yes, but exploits specifically are cautioned against in the Forum Code of Conduct.  They usually want details sent to exploits@arena.net and not posted here at all.

Ah, thank you, I appreciate this, I missed this.

I'll fw the details to their exploits team.

9 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That email has been turned off.  You can not send anything to it.  It doesn't work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

I wish, for just once, Anet would permaban people cheating.  Not surprised by the server using it either.  Mithril rank, just sad.

Not really trying to highlight a specific player/server ect. The only reason why i posted my video was to show the bug in action outside of OPs original test environment video.

14 minutes ago, neddamttocs.9784 said:

This is ridiculous, Mag is losing so they have these people are using this exploit to wipe groups of 45 plus.

This need to be patched ASAP.

Have you tried throwing confusion stacks on them?  Too funny...

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, neddamttocs.9784 said:

This is ridiculous, Mag is losing so they have these people are using this exploit to wipe groups of 45 plus.

This need to be patched ASAP.

If you can't beat 'em, maybe join 'em.  Wonder what happens if you put up an ele in water attunement against these in fire attunement?  Then the 45 won't wipe.

15 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

If you can't beat 'em, maybe join 'em.  Wonder what happens if you put up an ele in water attunement against these in fire attunement?  Then the 45 won't wipe.

Isn't that just turning GW2 into an anime where the main character and the villain are chasing eachother while fighting and the background characters are just standing there unable to get involved? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Ban all people abusing this bug, if they are stupid enough to get caught on video doing it they clearly deserve a ban.  Using and abusing a exploit.  Worse when it comes to pve cm achievments or wvw breaking.  Re-roll anyones account who was with them during the achievment and ban the cata themself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I can confirm that weaver duel attunement has been disabled. We should be getting a patch as soon as the Devs work out some kind of nerf / fix to weavers, sunspot trait and the healing ripple trait.

I am surprised it wasn't disabled sooner as this exploit was first seen on the GW2 Chinese server yesterday.

Edited by CelestialCat.6240
Added more to say

hi, don't post or visit often, but earlier today we got shown it in wvw and knew about it. didn't want to talk about it since we knew how to do it (we haven't used it, besides the ethical implications, it violates ToS). was debating even mentioning it to avoid stimulating talk about it, except to say we weren't going to use it. integrity is important to us.