Ranger May 2nd balance changes

Beddo.1907

Ranger

Fervent Force is a trait that we've been considering bringing down for a while now, and in this update we're making a slight adjustment to its cooldown reduction in order to bring down the damage output of builds that utilize it. We'll be keeping a close eye on how these builds perform going forward and will make additional adjustments as needed.

Core

• Hunter's Call: Increased power coefficient per strike from 0.1 to 0.12 in PvP and WvW.
  • Call of the Wild: Increased might stacks from 6 to 8 in PvP and WvW.
  • Stalker's Strike: Reduced cooldown from 15 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP.
  • Crippling Talon: Increased bleeding from 3 stacks for 6 seconds to 4 stacks for 9 seconds in PvP.

Druid

• Natural Mender: Increased astral force generation from 5 to 8 in WvW only.

Soulbeast

• Eternal Bond: Increased base healing from 584 to 701.

Untamed

• Fervent Force: Reduced cooldown reduction from 4 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.

Bug Fixes

• Fortifying Bond: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to display an incorrect might value in certain game modes.
  • Grace of the Land: Fixed an issue that prevented might from being applied to downed players.
  • Two-Handed Training: Removed an erroneous internal cooldown indicator.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented soulbeasts from remerging at the end of zip lines.
Edited by Beddo.1907
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Krispera.5087 said:

One year and 3 months after EoD, still no significant changes to Untamed. It means ANet will keep Untamed that way, I need to accept this 🥱.

Just shows how bad Untamed is. :v
I'm guessing even if they have something, they would move it to the June 27 "major" patch. (Which seems pretty likely since they finally touched FF, without anything else.)
If it's not in June, we can just assume they have no idea how to fix this mess of a espec.

1 hour ago, Krispera.5087 said:

I will never understand PvP/WvW buffs not applied to PvE. 

Half of those have better stats in PvE to be fair and some are not even used in PvE.

• Dagger offhand and warhorn PvP buffs: Good. Dagger can already be scary sometimes.
  • Soulbeast : cool buff for PvP. In PvE I expected other professions to get nerfed a bit....Slb has a good burst but it ends up being one of the lowest dps which is kind of weird.
  • Untamed : Here is the first step to nerf Fervent Force. I will take it now but I hope to see more changes in the future for untamed. It is still fun and performs well in PvP but Fervent Force is mostly used in PvE squads where it can be unforgiving or even not working on some bosses.

At a higher level, seems like a lot of non-changes here. 

Anyway, minor tangent time...it has never been apparent to me why they periodically shuffle numbers on OH dagger without fixing the major issue that is dagger #4 range has been nerfed for what nearly 8 years now? 

For those uninitiated, was this trait:

Off-Hand Training - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Let's look at the other off-hands since this trait:

• Bonfire: Radius = 240 (equal without OH Training)
  • Whirling Defense: Reflect Radius = 180 (equal without OH Training) 
  • Call of The Wild: Radius = 900 (better than with OH Training)

But yet, nothing with Stalker's Strike.  They literally reduce the CD of it, but the CD isn't the problem here, it's the pitiful range in today's game where everyone has Sonic the Hedgehog movement ability.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

At a higher level, seems like a lot of non-changes here. 

Anyway, minor tangent time...it has never been apparent to me why they periodically shuffle numbers on OH dagger without fixing the major issue that is dagger #4 range has been nerfed for what nearly 8 years now? 

For those uninitiated, was this trait:

Off-Hand Training - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Let's look at the other off-hands since this trait:

• Bonfire: Radius = 240 (equal without OH Training)
  • Whirling Defense: Reflect Radius = 180 (equal without OH Training) 
  • Call of The Wild: Radius = 900 (better than with OH Training)

But yet, nothing with Stalker's Strike.  They literally reduce the CD of it, but the CD isn't the problem here, it's the pitiful range in today's game where everyone has Sonic the Hedgehog movement ability.  

It’s because changes to offhand dagger don’t change the status quo in any game mode for ranger, otherwise changes to add patch notes.

On 4/24/2023 at 5:16 AM, Abyssisis.3971 said:

It’s because changes to offhand dagger don’t change the status quo in any game mode for ranger, otherwise changes to add patch notes.

Dagger is already a good weapon in pvp and for that matter, so is warhorn. That slb buff is nothing to scoff at either. Great patch imo. 

Untamed nerf doesn't seem so bad. I think before it was too strong where you might sit there wasting the 1 sec you got instead of using it for important skills. This should be way easier now. I expected a slight nerf for it also, but since it forces player to use cc it pretty much locks the players in a certain build-design already so the argueing of others that it is op is just not true. Most cc skills also lost their dmg in competitive modes so you just annoy ppl with it.

19 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

They just applied it to sPvP 😂.  Forget cele harb, we have to watch for that OP ranger OH dagger in smallscale roaming...

Oof. I missed that change in the patch notes. Sucks.

Edited by sYlt.9865